Deleted

Question about MoP Dungeon Points.

I heard somewhere that you will need to progress through each tier of raid to get to the end tier during MoP rather than get an alt to level 90 and skip all raids and do the end tier like we do now with Dragon Soul.

I wanted to know if when the end tier of raiding comes out in MoP if you can still do 5 Man Heroics and get points that you can spend on the end game epics. If so, wouldn't this completely break the idea of progressing through the old raiding tiers if you can get better gear from just doing 5 mans?

How will this work out? Does anyone know? I was looking forward to having to use LFR to progress through each tier of raids on alts even if it is LFR and easier. I do not know if its just a rumour but I want to find out.

Thank you.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Attunements are slightly brought back in MoP. Example you must clear Heart of Fear before progressing to Terrace of Endless Springs. This means you can't just jump in there with an alt. LFR is the same, you must clear part 1 of the instance before taking on part 2.

In 5.1 a new system for Valor is coming into effect, I'm not sure how it plays out but it's not used to buy gear anymore, but upgrade items you already have into more powerful versions of it. I'm not sure what the new way of 'welfare' epics by just running 5mans will be, if there even will be... They might finally be getting rid of that horrible system, then again maybe that's what Justice Points will be for... But I feel that would be incredibly bad. They probably should just toss out the idea of getting epics from 5mans via a vendor, I think they are. There isn't enough information to know how it will play out, all we know is you can't just jump into any raid and Valor Points are changing in 5.1 to upgrade new epics instead of buying new epics.

Deleted
    Thank you. Well at least that sounds promising

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    Attunements are slightly brought back in MoP. Example you must clear Heart of Fear before progressing to Terrace of Endless Springs. This means you can't just jump in there with an alt. LFR is the same, you must clear part 1 of the instance before taking on part 2.

In 5.1 a new system for Valor is coming into effect, I'm not sure how it plays out but it's not used to buy gear anymore, but upgrade items you already have into more powerful versions of it. I'm not sure what the new way of 'welfare' epics by just running 5mans will be, if there even will be... They might finally be getting rid of that horrible system, then again maybe that's what Justice Points will be for... But I feel that would be incredibly bad. They probably should just toss out the idea of getting epics from 5mans via a vendor, I think they are. There isn't enough information to know how it will play out, all we know is you can't just jump into any raid and Valor Points are changing in 5.1 to upgrade new epics instead of buying new epics.
    Hearing this makes me excited. Loved the attunements in BC. I do agree they should do away with epics for just running 5 mans. Not sure why people claim they need end game tier gear to farm 5 mans where you can aoe 2 packs of trash at a time.

Right now, you need to spend a month grinding reps with dailies to even spend a single Valor Point. I very much doubt this model will survive past 5.1 though.

As for the raids, the current crop does require you to complete them in order but I think that's less of an "attunement" and more of a built-in guide to tell you where to go first since there are 3 different raid zones and they are split up into 6 different LFR queues. This is probably really confusing for younger/newer players (which do exist).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Right now, you need to spend a month grinding reps with dailies to even spend a single Valor Point. I very much doubt this model will survive past 5.1 though.

As for the raids, the current crop does require you to complete them in order but I think that's less of an "attunement" and more of a built-in guide to tell you where to go first since there are 3 different raid zones and they are split up into 6 different LFR queues. This is probably really confusing for younger/newer players (which do exist).
    I don't believe you have to spend nearly that long to be able to spend VP. You only have to be revered with a faction to buy the VP items, and you get quite a bit of rep with many of them while leveling. I'm not saying it won't take some time and effort, but not a month for anyone playing somewhat regularly.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    You only do need to be revered to gain access to buying items from factions, VP can be gained as soon as you reach level 90. You generally get 5 VP per daily, you also get much more from the usual ways, and a chunk from challenge modes every time you complete one.