Poll: Wrynn or Garrosh?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I vote Varian, for he have beaten him before in wolfheart, and hell even without the blessing of a demi god, look at the numbers

Varians : he was from kid trained in dueling, singel combat, he was a elite gladiator in the hordes arena, they even gave him a name "Lothar".
    he is very skilled, he is smarter, faster and he is more trained in combat.

Garrosh : he is an orc, who is by nature stronger then humans, but indtill, WOLK, he was crying in nagrand over his village was under attack, and that he never knew his father.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Wasn't Varian some top-notch gladiator called 'Lothar' at some point?
    I don't recall Garrosh having any special and incredibly demanding combat training other than, probably, the typical orc warrior training. A top-ranked gladiator should easily defeat that.
    Also note: Orcs and humans are different. Orcs are much more bulky, and humans are more dense. Orcs weigh more, and can use this to their advantage when building up momentum. Humans are faster on their feet, though. Strength-wise, I don't think orcs and humans are too far apart. Different kind of muscle.

In the WoW d20 RPG, Orcs gain a +2 bonus to Stamina, meaning they're more durable, but also take a -2 penalty to Intelligence. Humans gain no bonuses, and no penalties. The end-result is that humans fight more on wits, reserving strength and planning their moves, whereas orcs go more full-out, relying on their body's endurance to carry them through. Pure strength-wise, though, the two are equal.

Apparently, Varian has some Deus Ex wolf blessing that grants him loads of endurance, meaning that Varian also has the physical edge over Garrosh.
    Lo'gash was his "orc name". Lothar was one of the original paladins, who fell in a duel to Doomhammer, but this was the catalyst that made Turaylon rally the rest of the paladins and alliance, and they hacked and slashed their way through the horde forcing them to run back through the dark portal. This is all WC2 lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    what does "good guy vs bad guy" has to do with the question? I guess you want to start you favourite subject again - how proud, good and noble Horde was mislead by nasty, mean Garrosh.
    apparently you yourself can't see anything good in the overall good guys in wow making any argument you have bias and slanted, so why should I care what you think?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    apparently you yourself can't see anything good in the overall good guys in wow making any argument you have bias and slanted, so why should I care what you think?
    Its funny when you talk about bias, yet you say that morality of combatant affects victory chances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Its funny when you talk about bias, yet you say that morality of combatant affects victory chances.
    Morality does from a story standard, or haven't to been following the lore. It gives a heads up on it.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Morality does from a story standard, or haven't to been following the lore. It gives a heads up on it.
    But we are not talking about Metzen giving his character last minute superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Thug Life View Post
    Lore wise Varian is much stronger. He is a superb gladiator that has the blessing of a wolf god. Although if we are talking about sha-corrupted Garrosh or whatever happens to him at the end of the expansion that may be different.
    wouldn't Garrosh only need to get 1 attack in that Varian doesn't dodge, cuz I don't think a human can parry or block an attack form an orc, aren't orcs like 5-10 times stronger than humans?(muscle mass would say so)

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian was cleaving orcs in half in bloodsport gladatorial matches while Garrosh was a whiney kid with red pox in Nagrand.

---------- Post added 2012-09-12 at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    wouldn't Garrosh only need to get 1 attack in that Varian doesn't dodge, cuz I don't think a human can parry or block an attack form an orc, aren't orcs like 5-10 times stronger than humans?(muscle mass would say so)
    Being stronger doesn't mean much when you've got weapons involved, one wrong move and you've got a nice slice on your leg or arm crippling you and making the match all but decided.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Every now and then this thread comes up.. dunno why.

Yeah Varian would win , since he already won.

For reasons explained in the lore and in the books.

The -nay or -buts sayers can just climb on their hate for his awesome chin since facts proved them wrong already.

I wouldn't even say that Orcs are by nature stronger then humans, they are however stronger when they drink demon blood..........

It is just that almost every single orc learns how to fight where with humans only soldiers and the likes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    garrosh is the final boss, guess this proves he is more skilled than a single human... if not, why don't just take a single warrior and kill him easily?
    Single warrior? That's me. I'll do it. Pick me! >

Goldrinn granted varian super human speed and reflexes, that should let him best Garrosh.

On the other hand i dont know what will happen when garrosh gets corrupted, it might grant him new powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shokzman View Post
    If Varian Wrynn and Garrosh were to actually face off, who would win?
    Though I am Alliance I do think Garrosh would probably come out on top, Wrynn is an amazing fighter but Garrosh would probably outlast him.
    Garrosh and Wrynn already faced off and Wrynn won.

I think Garrosh would put up enough of a fight that it wouldn't be a completely one-sided battle, but I think Varian would kick his ass all over the place. Even with the size/physical strength advantage Orcs have, Varian is not exactly a noob when it comes to fighting them.

The only thing that saved Garrosh in Shattering was the fact that a dying Magnataur fell between him and Varian. Garrosh's guards pulled him away and convinced him to retreat after that. Doesn't mean the exact same thing would happen again in round 2, but it kinda makes me think Varian has an advantage.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-09-12 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    garrosh is the final boss, guess this proves he is more skilled than a single human... if not, why don't just take a single warrior and kill him easily?
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    This, obviously Garrosh is rising in power quickly.
    For starters we already raid faction leaders. Secondly we have have no idea what state Garrosh will be in when we fight him, he may very well have gotten his new Dark Shaman pals to soup him up fel magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Varian already almost won twice. Garrosh was saved by different reasons, in Ashenvale because of the magnataur falling for example.

The true question is:
    Varian vs Cairne, who'd win in a fight? Alive Cairne of course.
    I'd say Cairne here, but he should need a new weapon cause his would be shattered
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian with ease, Garrosh doesn't stand a chance in any factor.

---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Varian already almost won twice. Garrosh was saved by different reasons, in Ashenvale because of the magnataur falling for example.

The true question is:
    Varian vs Cairne, who'd win in a fight? Alive Cairne of course.
    Varian again with ease.. ease.

Although Varian and Garrosh have fought several times in lore, I believe the longest and most developed fight that took place was the battle of Ashenvale in the novel Wolfheart. In the duel (which lasts for quite a while, on and off, during a heated battle between Night elf sentinels and worgen against Horde forces) Varian is coming at Garrosh with an EXTREMELY aggressive offense. Garrosh is a fierce warrior in all accounts, and is holding his own quite well, but as the duel continues he takes a couple of nasty hits and the fatigue of battle eventually begins to take him over. Towards the end of the fight, Garrosh (drained and weak from the constant fighting) looks to his opponent and notices Varian is hardly breaking a sweat. Shortly after this, one of the large Magnataur that Garrosh is using to assault Ashenvale is killed and collapses on the battle field nearly crushing both combatants. Garrosh is later pulled from the fight by Horde soldiers who feared Garrosh could (and would) be killed by Varian. I think its also fair to note that Varian is, at his core, without the blessing of Goldrin, a TOTAL badass. With addition of the superhuman strength, speed, and agility from previously stated blessings, that equates into a warrior who will rarely find an adversary that could give him a real challenge. (Just thought that I'd throw this in: it took about 15 worgen to bring down one of the Magnataur. Varian, however, killed one alone.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Never really understood how humans ever stand a chance in physical fights with orcs. Orcs are physically superior in every way. I understand there would likely be some situations here or there that would allow a human to win, but not something that was a frequent occurrence.

This doesn't necessarily apply to garrosh vs varian, since each of them are very unique compared to their respective races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even putting aside the whole Wolf God thing, Varian is a seasoned Gladiator. Garrosh has been in one fight to the death and he would have undoubtedly lost were it not for his (unbeknownst to him) poisoned axe.

Varian and it's not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HulkBrogan View Post
    Never really understood how humans ever stand a chance in physical fights with orcs. Orcs are physically superior in every way. I understand there would likely be some situations here or there that would allow a human to win, but not something that was a frequent occurrence.

This doesn't necessarily apply to garrosh vs varian, since each of them are very unique compared to their respective races.
    So you're saying you can't see how a women (smaller weaker) has ever killed a man (bigger stronger) with a bladed weapon?

We aren't talking arm wrestling contests here. I'm pretty sure a 200 lb, 6 foot tall guy could kill a 300 lb. 6 foot 8 inch guy by stabbing him in the chest.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-02-20 at 08:58 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect