Talking Do we really need pay so much for our games?

When saying "pay much" I mean time, energy or even money. I asked so coz I know lots of gamers spend much of their time on leveling. all day long or even all week long. Games can make us relaxed and yes it truly can. But once we spend so much on it, I donot think it is what it should be.mostly video games can help us kill time but, while sometimes we are killed by them. How do you guys think about it? What would you sacrifice for your game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd sacrifice nothing for games.
    I sacrificed my school grades in high school. But then after that I decided everything comes first.
    My jobs are more important, my health, and fitness, my social life, everything.

I only play games when I have nothing to do when I'm alone.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's down to priorities, and what you expect for the money you pay. As it stands, to me, gaming is the best value for money, I get countless more hours out of buying games than movies. Only books come close. As to whether or not it takes up too much energy/time, well that is where you need to learn to prioritise your time correctly. I'd never cancel a night out to sit and game for example.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've got nothing else to do in my free time. When I do have something else I want to do, I'll do it. Games are always secondary for me, because sitting in front of a computer screen or TV for more than half of the normal life span of a human is just depressing. But it's cheap entertainment that last a very long time, so I don't think it's a bad thing. Only bad when people don't use common sense and think they can literally sit for 24+ hours without eating or going to the bathroom or even stretching every once and awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try Second Life

Deleted
    The problem is putting the word NEED in the title / description. No one needs to spend anything on an online game, whether that's money or time or whatever. Games are entertainment, people have fun with them, and in that regard I respect whatever time, money or effort anyone chooses to spend on their personal choice. For some 10 hours a week is excessive, for others, 100 hours a week is normal, some people may feel that spending real money in game is ridiculous, but then look at those on diablo 3 who chose to spend $250 on an in game item.... but you can only judge what's right for you, I don't believe anyone has a right to judge how anyone else chooses to game.

I don't really consider that I've "sacrificed" for my gaming, even though I'm a pretty serious (time wise) gamer these days, I'm fortunate enough with my work and family life that I've been able to do all the things I want to do without feeling like I ever had to sacrifice something for gaming or vice versa. Conversely, it may be that one of the motivating factors for me being successful in my professional life was to actually be good enough to have more free time for gaming and other things I enjoy, so I guess you could say my gaming desires have helped me a lot :P