Prot alt looking for some feed back

Hello

Ive come to this forum looking for some feed back for my prot warrior alt. In the past i must admit i was using AskMrRobot alot for this alt, but now it seems broken so i tried ReforgeLite (an addon) to see what it would suggest.
    Ive read the prot stickie on this forum, but i can be abit overwhelming - especially when it come to gemming and reforging.
    This is my armory
    Is there anything MAJORLY wrong with my reforging and gemming? The reason im asking here and not just in my guild is that we dont have any prot warriors and havent had since FL HC.

Any input would be a great help

• 3 +67 parry gems should be +Stam or +Mastery gems, for slots where you need a red gem use +Parry/+Mastery gems
    • Reforging Parry->Mastery on pieces with Parry/Dodge (should be Dodge->Mastery) (Bracers, Boots, Signet of the Resolute Ring)
    • You have a +Dodge/+Stam gem which should be +Mastery/+Stam
    • Gloves should be Hit->Parry
    • You could go Dodge->Parry on your neck
    • Why are you using Mass Spell Reflect talent?
    Last edited by Puntr; 2012-09-12 at 06:25 PM.

Thanks for the feed back, ill look into that later tonight.
    Well since im not really raiding and mostly doing 5m hcs i thought i would try it out, but i havent done a single dungeon since patch. I might change it.

Deleted
    may be only in mop but aint hit/expertise cap better then parr/dodge . or did i missunderstand the guide?

Deleted
    I haven't really changed much for 5.0.4 at 85, just using a little more expertise than usual so keeping Heart of Rage on at most times, you should be fine^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mortaz View Post
    may be only in mop but aint hit/expertise cap better then parr/dodge . or did i missunderstand the guide?
    it is but the sheer lack of hit/exp on tank gear at 85 means that we either reforge/gem right into it or we wear partial/full dps gear (which at a BiS level I wear full dps gear just b/c the HP loss is worth all the other gains).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntr View Post
    it is but the sheer lack of hit/exp on tank gear at 85 means that we either reforge/gem right into it or we wear partial/full dps gear (which at a BiS level I wear full dps gear just b/c the HP loss is worth all the other gains).
    There are several really good pieces that provide tons of the stats needed, the T13 HC Chest or Helmet are two great standbys, Heart of Rage aswell which is still ridiculously insane for prot

Other than that, you could reforge the abundance of parry into hit / expertise which would probably be the preferable solution

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Other than that, you could reforge the abundance of parry into hit / expertise which would probably be the preferable solution
    When do you have to much parry/or what is the cap to reach which would make it better to reforge into hit/expertice?

Quote Originally Posted by Muliercula View Post
    When do you have to much parry/or what is the cap to reach which would make it better to reforge into hit/expertice?
    Stat priority is covered in the stickied guide in this forum.

For rage generation/shield block/barrier you want mastery>hit/exp>parry>dodge
    For total melee damage reduction (supposedly) you want mastery>parry>dodge>hit/exp
    For magic only fights you want stamina>exp/hit

Deleted
    Well in BiS gear you are looking at around 27% parry which runs fairly highly into DR and is vastly higher than dodge so you can afford to reforge a little bit of that away if you want to

Im far from BiS on my alt so i guess ill just wait a few weeks more and what MoP brings

Your best survivability stat is stam, no contest. You stack it for every progression fight.

Your best mitigation stat is mastery. You stack if after stam. Its equally good both for melee and magic. The reason its so good is the amount of rage it generates through critblock. Which can then be converted into mitigation of your choice - SB or SBar.

After these two we have a choice between avoidance and hit/exp. The reasoning mostly depends on two factors:

1) which portion of the fight is magic vs melee;

The more magic is the fight, the less rage you gonna get from crit blocks / revenges, the more you gonna value hit and exp.

2) how good you are with managing your rage.

After the recent warrior buffs, you should have plenty of rage and no hit/exp is needed on a typical boss fight. It may be a good idea to add some hit/exp if you find yourself struggling with SB uptime. But then first and foremost you should look at your rotation, only then at hit/ext. Remember that every time you move a point of rating from a defensive stat to hit/exp on a melee fight, you are sacrificing total damage reduction for an increase in your "comfort level" with rage. Again, this only applies to melee fights.

Your best offensive stats are hit to 7.5 = exp to 15.0, followed by str.

This is more of a cookie cutter. There may be other builds floating around for certain encounters, in particular avoidance/Sbar build, str/exp build, but you dont have to worry about those for now ) Fun thing is that Str is kinda broken now at 85, and you go full out and get better results than stacking mastery. But its only for now.

Another thing to note is that prot mechanics changed a lot and things ppl took for granted before are simply no longer there, ie parry is virtually a straight line now and odnt have to worry about DRs.