TI-84 plus calculator help.

So just starting pre-calc this year, anddd ive already ran into an issue on my calculator haha. When ever i add, subtract etc. for instance, 3 times 3, the answer on the calculator isnt just 9 its 9 (E but the size of a lower case) 0. Does anyone know where to go to change it back so it only comes up as 9?

Mode and then select normal.

Thank you so much guys. I was gonna ask a graphing question but graphing isnt needed for pre calc i guess. Close thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    isn't that calculator like 30 years old now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    And it still works just as well as any newer calculator. I'm still using a TI-83 Plus. On a side note, having the latest model is not an economical choice, since savvy professors will just ban their use anyway (too easy to cheat with newer TI calculators).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    The -8x/-9x series is about 20 years old, but the -84 is a relatively new addition to the series. It's annoyingly less powerful than the -85 that I grew up with (and still have ~16 years later), and much less powerful than the -89 that was common among students 5-8 years ago. Dealing with students in college running -84s is a huge headache. If you possibly can, upgrade to an -89 Titanium if you head off to college, or splurge on the newest ones with a less-pixelated LCD display.

That said, my TI-85 is still in use; any TI calculator will last decades.

Quote Originally Posted by flaggel View Post
    Thank you so much guys. I was gonna ask a graphing question but graphing isnt needed for pre calc i guess. Close thread.
    Yeah it is. Graphing is used in Pre calc all the way up to calc 3 and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    And it still works just as well as any newer calculator. I'm still using a TI-83 Plus. On a side note, having the latest model is not an economical choice, since savvy professors will just ban their use anyway (too easy to cheat with newer TI calculators).
    That's a negative. TI-nspires are allowed as long as they arent cas.

I still have a TI-83 plus. And when I was finally done with it, I passed it down to my younger sister so she could use it for the next eternity. Maybe it'll become a family heirloom :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darthcullen View Post
    That's a negative. TI-nspires are allowed as long as they arent cas.
    What is and is not allowed is different for every instructor. There's no universal set of rules on what kind of calculators are allowed. I've had instructors do a blanket ban on any calculator more complicated than the average $10 type. Not all professors will spend the time to meticulously determine which calculators are fine and which are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Idk I haven't had it banned by a professor yet, but I'm only in Calculus BC