Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god it is backwards compatible, still. I'm doubtful I will buy the Wii U. Because all I play on any nintendo console is the Zelda games anyway.

Deleted
    commenting on live tv looks pretty cool.. and like he said especially in sports

new games

bayonetta 2 (exclusive to wii u)

monster hunter 3 ultimate

Skylanders

wipeout 3 (lol )

007 legends

transformers

Call of Duty: Black ops 2
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-09-13 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Thank god it is backwards compatible, still. I'm doubtful I will buy the Wii U. Because all I play on any nintendo console is the Zelda games anyway.
    Imagine playign all wii game in hd (most game have hi res stuff in them , go and play a wii game on an emulator they simply get gorgeous.)

Deleted
    Bayonetta 2 teaser

10+ Year Old Account
    Im a huge nintendo fan, and I was not impressed with anything. No mario kart, smash bros, 3d mario, POKEMON?! TVii is an apple tv, so nothing new there. At $300, I know I won't be getting one at launch. Maybe next Christmas, definitely not this one. And if the online is a disaster like it is now (spent 90 minutes the other day trying to connect to my buddy on mario kart to no avail, even after messing with my router [ which should not have to happen ]) I know I won't be picking one up.

Meh.

Deleted
    Shame. Bayonetta 2 is a exclusive only. Loved the original. But, doubt I will buy a WiiU for this only. So far the console had rather negative publicity. Will get excited when they make a good pokemon rpg on this system like they have on the handhelds.

But I guess that's just wishful thinking.

I too will be waiting a bit to see how things pan out. I know I will end up buying this b/c I love Nintendo and my daughter is about at the age where she can play some of the younger kid games (no jokes about "that is all Wii games har har please) and maybe they will do some neat educational games as well.

However, like many more mature gamers my Wii collects dust atm sadly. I only have time for a few games these days and that time goes to WoW or Dark Souls.

Wow, the price is a lot better than I expected, can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targaryen View Post
    However, like many more mature gamers my Wii collects dust atm sadly. I only have time for a few games these days and that time goes to WoW or Dark Souls.
    So, what makes you more mature?

Deleted
    How can so much total and utter rubbish fall out of one person! Let me dig through the river of crap that is this post and explain it for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    Most successful? your joking right? The Wii and any Nintendo console really is on the bottom of Xbox and PS3.. idc how many were sold most people who have Wii's are kids and their parents buy them.
    Worldwide sales figures

Wii – 96.56 million as of 30 June 2012
    Xbox 360 – 67.2 million as of 31 March 2012
    PlayStation 3 – 63.9 million as of 31 March 2012

Where you should have stopped is after "idc how many where sold" because anything after that is you up rubbish to back up "what you think" which as the figures show, is wrong.

the Wii was far inferior to the 360 and PS3 and the Wii u will be even worse compared to next Gen systems by Microsoft and PS3.
    And? Does it look like that had some effect on the sales figures? Does it look like they were aiming at the same market as the PS3 and Xbox 360?

If you personally don't like something because it doesn't have the latest bells and whistles, that's fine but you aren't who the Wii (and maybe even the Wii U) are aimed at.

I doubt I would ever see my nan with an Xbox controller in her hand, but I've seen how bowl and play tennis on the Wii. Do you think Nintendo care where the money comes from?

Look at those sales figures again, does it look like not appealing to "you" and your idea of what's good / not caused them any problems?

In the end yes nintendo might have sold more games.. but lets look at sales including xbox-live and all the DLC purchased for games. If you take those figures into account the Wii was not most successful and the Wii u will follow suit.
    Yes, lets look at the sales including Xbox Live and DLC......well come on then? Link? No? Could you just be making up crap again?

Here's a fun fact for you, at launch Sony was making a loss of around $300 per console they sold, that's right $300!

They didn't really break even on the cost of selling the consoles until the start of 2010......4 years later, during which time they'd "sold" around 30 - 33 million.

MS lost about $150 per console, but the manufacturing costs for them dropped much quick than it did for Sony (they might have about broken even just over a year after launch)

Nintendo makes a profit (about $40 per console at launch....so they've only made more and more money as costs decrease)

So again, selling more and always making a profit on them vs. selling not as many and making a loss on each one for the first 4 years (50% of sales) and you're trying to say the Wii wasn't a "success"?

You sure about that?

Or maybe it just wasn't for you and the inner fanboy in you can't accept that something not aimed at you was more successful than something that was?

Please do not ignore mod warnings and in the future refrain from calling people "fanboys."
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-09-13 at 05:16 PM.

Deleted
    I loved my Wii for the first couple of months after release, but after those few months nothing of interest really showed up for the Wii. Nintendo was definitely that company I grew up with and saw myself chasing after for many years. Sadly the red light on my Wii shows the console hasn't even been turned on for at least 3 years now. I love my 3DS as well but I've only fully played about 2 games on that so far. Frankly I've given up hope. Not even old time favorites like Pokemon interest me anymore thanks to Black and White.

Maybe I'll consider getting one for a Zelda or Resident Evil game and sell it afterwards. I admit that Bayonetta 2 and Monster Hunter make the console very tempting but the damage has been done.

These are part of the reason:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Yes, where are the good old days with unique glorious generation 1 Pokémon designs. Like this one.
    I love that people get all mad about the weird gen 5 mons like the ice cream one and the garbage bag, but always let nostalgia blind them when it comes to the fact the a lot of gen 1 mons were no better. Muk and grimer were slime puddles. Voltorb and electrode were balls with opposite colors. Pidgey and its line were basic birds. Rattata? Meowth? Do I need to keep going on?

Idk if I'll be getting it at launch unfortunately. I was hoping for a 250$ price but it'll be hard to justify 300$ right away. Maybe a next year purchase though, especially if they have some good games lined up.

Also, I've always wondered this: Why do people think the Wii is inferior to the 360/PS3? Is it the games? The graphics? The motion control? :3

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    I love that people get all mad about the weird gen 5 mons like the ice cream one and the garbage bag, but always let nostalgia blind them when it comes to the fact the a lot of gen 1 mons were no better. Muk and grimer were slime puddles. Voltorb and electrode were balls with opposite colors. Pidgey and its line were basic birds. Rattata? Meowth? Do I need to keep going on?
    I personally thought generation 1 was pants as well, but that's beside the point. The straw sticking out of the final form's head is the part that crosses the line, not the fact that it's based on an icecream cone. But it's not the Pokemon themselves that made Black and White a...well let's call it ''less enjoyable'' game. It's the loopy story with all the plotholes that made little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Also, I've always wondered this: Why do people think the Wii is inferior to the 360/PS3? Is it the games? The graphics? The motion control? :3
    Just getting this out of the way first, I'm not one of those people who think the Wii is inferior. I do think the selection of games is inferior however. Graphics don't bother me but it feels like they are forcing Wii motion controls into every single game whether it makes sense or not. Zelda: Twilight Princess is a great example. I have both the Wii and GameCube version and while I have 100% completion in the gamecube version, I hardly passed the first dungeon on the Wii version. The game is amazing but having to flick your controller around to swing your sword just wasn't for me. I can see why people enjoy it but...I'm not one of those people.

Hm...with all the extra goodies that come with the "Premium" package, I'd say it's worth the extra $50. I'll probably be getting that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    So, what makes you more mature?
    Actually, ignore this, I think I read it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Just getting this out of the way first, I'm not one of those people who think the Wii is inferior. I do think the selection of games is inferior however. Graphics don't bother me but it feels like they are forcing Wii motion controls into every single game whether it makes sense or not. Zelda: Twilight Princess is a great example. I have both the Wii and GameCube version and while I have 100% completion in the gamecube version, I hardly passed the first dungeon on the Wii version. The game is amazing but having to flick your controller around to swing your sword just wasn't for me. I can see why people enjoy it but...I'm not one of those people.
    To be fair, not too many games(that I played anyways) had forced motion controls. TP being an exception, it was a gamecube game that they tacked crappy motion controls onto to show off their motion stuff. Most others(talking nintendo stuff, not 3rd party crap) either had different control scheme options or flat out ignored the motion play. Skyward Sword has motion play only, but that's b/c it was actual motion play and not that crap that TP had where you could just flick your wrist and Link would do the same swing every time.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    Im a huge nintendo fan, and I was not impressed with anything. No mario kart, smash bros, 3d mario, POKEMON?! TVii is an apple tv, so nothing new there. At $300, I know I won't be getting one at launch. Maybe next Christmas, definitely not this one. And if the online is a disaster like it is now (spent 90 minutes the other day trying to connect to my buddy on mario kart to no avail, even after messing with my router [ which should not have to happen ]) I know I won't be picking one up.

Meh.
    Smash Bros is still in early development, expect to see something at E3 next year, same goes for many of Nintendo's other big franchises.

I am interested to see how Black Ops 2 turns out on the Wii U, if it's any good, I will consider getting it. I don't want to see some shitty half assed port either, it better have superior graphics to the 360 and PS3 versions. I seriously hope to god Activision's games are in early development because they all look like fucking trash.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally not a fan of the Wii/motion controls, but as someone born in '81 and who got my start Atari->Nintendo/Sega I wish them nothing but success for, hopefully, many of decades to come. Cansoles are no longer the go to gaming device for me as I enjoy my PC far more than consoles, which have been reduced to playing console-exclusives, but in the end I'm sure this will be a part of my entertainment center, just like the next sony and msft product.

That said, no standalone Controllers? What exactly happens if a controller, just off simple wear and tear (let alone user error), dies? I don't really get what they are trying to achieve from this sales model.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. The price in Sweden for a Wii U is listed at 597€ at the moment.. That's about $770.

Yeah.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

10+ Year Old Account
    il have to see how long till ps4 before thinking about wii u the goal right now is going to a friends house lol
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk View Post
    So.. The price in Sweden for a Wii U is listed at 597€ at the moment.. That's about $770.

Yeah.....
    I think its placeholders, I mean you can already preorder smash bros wii U and zelda HD wii U on some of the sights and neither game is close to release.

its "easy" for a company to set a higher price and go down on it rather then set a low price and having to go up cause they listed it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."