Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry No more looting in PvP?

I've noticed that over the past few weeks, we have lost the ability to loot the bodies of our slain enemies. Has anyone else noticed this? Was it by-design? How are we supposed to get quest items for the Darkmoon Faire?

And when will they make Battlegrounds more lucrative? Some of us prefer to do BGs over raids and dungeons and repair bills are a killer without having any kind of supplemental income.

Quote Originally Posted by irishdiablo View Post
    And when will they make Battlegrounds more lucrative? Some of us prefer to do BGs over raids and dungeons and repair bills are a killer without having any kind of supplemental income.
    With all their talk of "letting people play the game how they want", I can't believe they haven't added some sort of gold/loot to BG's. Aside from world PvP, random BG's are what I enjoy most in WoW. But playing that way, I'm pretty much a poor homeless bum compared to the PvE'ers who get sacks of gold for every little thing they do.

battlemaster impossible gg

Deleted
    but if they removed looting in bg's how are we susposed too get the 3 DMF bg items?

Or more importantly as malgru pointed out battlemaster itself (to the looter goes the spoils achieve in AV).

There's no reason offer gold as a reward for doing random BGs. It would just create more problems (bots, more pve geared people, etc) than it would solve.

Making gold in this game is not hard. At all. I pvp almost exclusively and am still sitting on around half a million. Learn to play the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    There's no reason offer gold as a reward for doing random BGs. It would just create more problems (bots, more pve geared people, etc) than it would solve.

Making gold in this game is not hard. At all. I pvp almost exclusively and am still sitting on around half a million. Learn to play the AH.
    Oh yeah, cause making it so you get 50-60g for finishing a Random BG would make you filthy rich
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Deleted
    So sick of pve heroes going mad at the first sight of any pvp'er saying we need
    gold generation in PVP.

PVE'ers go into a raid, loot epic gems
    and sell them for 10k for the first MONTH of DS?
    After that only 5k -- 2k --- 1k --500g
    Poor pve'ers

Lets say we get 50g for EACH WIN, aka for half of the bgs we play.
    Then we would have to play 200 bgs x 20min = 67 hours to make the gold that you underskilled
    heroes got for 1 GEM.

So plz, just sush.
    It should be atleast 100g for each bg win,
    20g for an arena win and 200g for RBG win.

Deleted
    I think its a bug.

You can still loot bodies but nothing pops up. Blizzard doesnt care about pvp much, sadly, so this might never get fixed, same with BG blacklisting.

I blacklisted EOTS since day 1 of MOP and still got it a few days ago.

They don't give a fuck about rated PvP atleast. They were supposed to disqualify boosted teams/wintraders and rank 10, 11, 14, 15, 17 and 19 on my BG were boosted teams. I myself played 2 of those teams accounts. I got titles on my chars and so did they. However my mate who played legit on rampage to glad got disqualified while wintraders like Garx got their title.

VERY GUD INVESTIGATION BLIZZ

Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    So sick of pve heroes going mad at the first sight of any pvp'er saying we need
    gold generation in PVP.

PVE'ers go into a raid, loot epic gems
    and sell them for 10k for the first MONTH of DS?
    After that only 5k -- 2k --- 1k --500g
    Poor pve'ers

Lets say we get 50g for EACH WIN, aka for half of the bgs we play.
    Then we would have to play 200 bgs x 20min = 67 hours to make the gold that you underskilled
    heroes got for 1 GEM.

So plz, just sush.
    It should be atleast 100g for each bg win,
    20g for an arena win and 200g for RBG win.
    I'm fine with gold being awarded for rated arena/BG wins.

Just not randoms. The botting is already out of control. If they added gold for wins, all the BGs would be festering with bots and pve geared players only after some money. It is NOT a good solution. People would be crying all over the place about how unplayable it has become. Hence, why Blizzard has never made gold a reward for pvp.

Listen, the only pve I do is LFR so I'm definitely no "PvE hero" as you put it. I just know how to play the AH and it isn't rocket science. Buy low, sell high, do a few dailies. Grats, you're now a wow millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    ...The botting is already out of control. If they added gold for wins, all the BGs would be festering with bots and pve geared players only after some money. It is NOT a good solution.
    Bullshit. Bots and pve geared players won't be able to win so they wont make any gold. It's a perfectly valid solution, and it will make people try harder to actually win instead of sitting around and leaching free honor for losing.

They could make it so you get a chip or something for every HK or a set amount when you are near a capped flag or something. Every once in a while you can go to the faction leader and trade in the chips for gold. Sort of a bounty system.

its all a good idea to make gold out of some bgs. I am all for this if only they can have more control of the bots.
    this change might even encourage more botters sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you cant summon boss in av without the blood
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    In battlegrounds I did last night, I looted and had my "insignia" taken as well. So I don't really know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    In battlegrounds I did last night, I looted and had my "insignia" taken as well. So I don't really know what you are talking about.
    You don't loot any gold or Darkmoon Faire items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    And as Descence pointed out, you cannot summon the Elemental Lords on Alterac Valley without the items looted from the dead and returned to your respective bases. - This is a major oversight on Blizzard's part and it should have been hot-fixed, but as usual, my cries fell on deaf ears.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with giving gold for PvP would be BOTS. Maybe only give gold for rated PvP, cause I doubt you will see bots there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    Bullshit. Bots and pve geared players won't be able to win so they wont make any gold. It's a perfectly valid solution, and it will make people try harder to actually win instead of sitting around and leaching free honor for losing.
    Uh... last I heard, PvP is a group based activity. If anything, adding more incentives would worsen the number of BG bots. If anything, they should fix BG bots first, then implement bonuses.