Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    With all their talk of "letting people play the game how they want", I can't believe they haven't added some sort of gold/loot to BG's. Aside from world PvP, random BG's are what I enjoy most in WoW. But playing that way, I'm pretty much a poor homeless bum compared to the PvE'ers who get sacks of gold for every little thing they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by irishdiablo View Post
    I've noticed that over the past few weeks, we have lost the ability to loot the bodies of our slain enemies. Has anyone else noticed this? Was it by-design? How are we supposed to get quest items for the Darkmoon Faire?

And when will they make Battlegrounds more lucrative? Some of us prefer to do BGs over raids and dungeons and repair bills are a killer without having any kind of supplemental income.

It's a bug and should be reported. Make sure to submit a post on the forums and possibly a ticket might help (though all they can do is forward). The ability to loot in PvP wasn't suppose to be removed and possibly is a bug from the result of something else. Yes, it's hard to believe, but unrelevant things can break when doing something else.

As for making money in PvP, it was addressed in a Blue post this week I believe. I think they main issue, imo, is if they add gold to PvP is they have to add enough to be worth it, but not enough that could cause problems. They want enough for repairs to be paid for, but not enough to make botting and constantly losing worth it or even winning to where you can obtain decent chunks and makes sense. I think if they added some thing like 5g per loss and 10g per win would be something decently appropriate and worth it, but who knows what kind of system they'll go with. Otherwise you always have honor to buy goods with and resell.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    The problem with giving gold for PvP would be BOTS. Maybe only give gold for rated PvP, cause I doubt you will see bots there.
    "Players" who sit around doing nothing and come as a clean up crew after a huge battle to loot corpses usually don't end up being kept around and are reported. Bots are the least of our concerns with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

If they gave away gold for winning random battlegrounds, even amateur bots would go entirely nuts and even stupid people would begin noticing them and asking Blizzard questions. Not going to happen.

An easy solution to the people that chain random BGs and claim they are broke: pick up enchanting and start DEing pvp gear after you are done gearing up, should more than cover your repair bills and eventually give some profit.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Oh yeah, cause making it so you get 50-60g for finishing a Random BG would make you filthy rich
    If one bg costs you 50 or 60g in repairs you,re doing something VERY wrong...

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of making PvP pay for repairs, they could simply remove gear damage from Battlegrounds. - As far as the BOT epidemic, it is Blizzard's soul responsibility to combat that issue. The players should not suffer in any way, nore is it a solution to take from those who play honorably to spite those who cheat.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 12:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    If one bg costs you 50 or 60g in repairs you,re doing something VERY wrong...
    Have you seen what it costs to repair the Legendary Rogue Daggers? SMH

and i thought my chars were just bugged
    hope they add the few silbers back

and while there ad it just add some gold per win/loose (50g for a win 25 for a loose or something) or the same like a 5man dungeon. armor gets broken in pve and pvp :P

Well thinking bout it what they could do is have pvp dailies. Like I don't know if anyone else remembers but there were quests for WSG and AB that in WSG I believe you had to capture a flag or in AB you had to cap all 5 bases at least once. They coulddo that like have different PVP scenarios. It sounds like a good idea but only downfallwould probably be everyone going nuts trying to do the quest instead of trying to win the bg. It'll be like Children's week with the whole team waiting in mid of EOTS to get a flag with their silly orphan lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bizarrogman View Post
    Well thinking bout it what they could do is have pvp dailies. Like I don't know if anyone else remembers but there were quests for WSG and AB that in WSG I believe you had to capture a flag or in AB you had to cap all 5 bases at least once. They coulddo that like have different PVP scenarios. It sounds like a good idea but only downfallwould probably be everyone going nuts trying to do the quest instead of trying to win the bg. It'll be like Children's week with the whole team waiting in mid of EOTS to get a flag with their silly orphan lol.
    I agree with you, daily cap removed so no excuses for PVPers not making money anymore. I'm not exclusivelly pvp nor pve, so I'm fine doing both at my pace.

Thumbs up for PVP daily quests (get 5 killing blows in Arathi!, Return a WSG flag, Help Capture a tower in EOTS) w/e, Idk, people in random BGs just can't get any more stuppid then they already are.

However, making money in Wow is the most easier thing about Wow. Not a really good reason to cry about.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    I think its a bug.

You can still loot bodies but nothing pops up. Blizzard doesnt care about pvp much, sadly, so this might never get fixed, same with BG blacklisting.

I blacklisted EOTS since day 1 of MOP and still got it a few days ago.
    yea had the same problem blacklist wsg on my alt around lvl 60. did my first random bg. BAM wsg. gj blizz:P

Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    Bullshit. Bots and pve geared players won't be able to win so they wont make any gold. It's a perfectly valid solution, and it will make people try harder to actually win instead of sitting around and leaching free honor for losing.
    This post couldn't be more wrong. Bots wont migrate to ONE faction, both will have some meaning it'll still be fairly equal in terms of teams. This definitely WOULD increase the amount of bots/pve geared players entering bg's. While it'd be nice facing against pve geared players and bots (Who doesn't like more HK's?) I'd also have plenty of bots and/or pve geared players on my team as well.

It also wouldn't stop botters/pve'ers from TRYING to get money out of a bg, with the mindset that they may be able to be carried well enough to win, and hence winning money.

Also people complaining about repair bills from a BG... What's wrong with you? I love PvP'ing don't get me wrong, but I would NEVER expect to make money from PvP'ing. You complain about PvE'ers making cash? Well lets see.... when you die in PvE situation, from a boss/mob you lose 10% durability. In PvP I've definitely seen bad players with more than 10 deaths, and I'm sure all their gear wasn't broken.

TL;DR Bots/pve'ers on both faction teams so odds of bots winning is about the same as a normal team vs normal team. Bots/PvE geared will still try and make the money. PvE death - 10% durability loss; PvE death = almost no durability damage.

PS. I do work the AH. So i'm well off, as many people have stated it's not hard to make money, do some dailies since the cap is removed. Doing a full day of dailies would probably net you enough money to PvP for a month or more. That number increases substantially if you play the AH.

Dailies: Takes longer makes less
    AH: Takes very little time and profit is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagendaz View Post
    This post couldn't be more wrong. Bots wont migrate to ONE faction, both will have some meaning it'll still be fairly equal in terms of teams. This definitely WOULD increase the amount of bots/pve geared players entering bg's. While it'd be nice facing against pve geared players and bots (Who doesn't like more HK's?) I'd also have plenty of bots and/or pve geared players on my team as well.

It also wouldn't stop botters/pve'ers from TRYING to get money out of a bg, with the mindset that they may be able to be carried well enough to win, and hence winning money.
    Couldn't have said this better myself.

Deleted
    I do think implimenting gold into bgs is not a bad idea, althogh there are its disadvantages but in the end we need to work around this.. only those who pvp most of the time will really get the ache of having to pvp and b broke without gold

10+ Year Old Account
    as someone that only does pve for raids and random heroics w/guildies, the rest of the time in wow i prefer to blow off steam in pvp. i have neither the time or interest in doing the same repetitive dailies for a lousy 200-300g. i would be ecstatic if there was even a chance at half the gold rewarded for winning random BGs. If they wanted to make the intial 'daily' random a higher amount similar to random dungeons, followed by half that amount for subsequent wins, even better. and yes, i do know how to 'play' the AH, i just dont like to...especially since that is predicated on having something worth selling for an insane amount to begin with.

Deleted
    Like the gold we were looting was too high...
    Im both pve and pvp player and I can even say i was in top 30 maybe for some time guild in my realm (irl friends only no real progress) and life as a pve'er is really alot easier. Altho of all my kills i got only 3 queens garnets (because im extremely unlucky), other members were getting it in 1/3rd of their bags which made them rich without even using any profs or AH addons...
    And blizzard decided to keep the 500-3k at start gold per gem for pve players but LUCKY 70 SILVER on kill was just too much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by simeonch View Post
    Like the gold we were looting was too high...
    Im both pve and pvp player and I can even say i was in top 30 maybe for some time guild in my realm (irl friends only no real progress) and life as a pve'er is really alot easier. Altho of all my kills i got only 3 queens garnets (because im extremely unlucky), other members were getting it in 1/3rd of their bags which made them rich without even using any profs or AH addons...
    And blizzard decided to keep the 500-3k at start gold per gem for pve players but LUCKY 70 SILVER on kill was just too much.
    Your post makes it seem like raiders didn't need gems at all. I myself know very well that I spent more than 50k on Queen's Garnets (Dragon Soul gear has almost twice the amount of gem slots than PvP gear). Most of my income comes from playing the AH, which has no relation to PvE, so I would be richer if I only did RBGs and Arenas, I can vouch for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    The problem with giving gold for PvP would be BOTS. Maybe only give gold for rated PvP, cause I doubt you will see bots there.
    Very good point

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    "Players" who sit around doing nothing and come as a clean up crew after a huge battle to loot corpses usually don't end up being kept around and are reported. Bots are the least of our concerns with this.
    Exactly. Bots are set up to look as human as possible (unless they're shitty botting programs). They can surprise you - I've seen some that top DPS at the end of the BG, cap the most flags, assault the most bases, you name it. It's the people who go in and just sort of ho-hum around, or fight in the middle, that you need to worry about. Hell, sometimes I PREFER running with a bunch of bots. At least I know they'll be where the enemy is.

And adding gold rewards wouldn't do spit as far as bots are concerned. It's far more lucrative to run mining, herbing, and skinning bots than it would be to run BGs for gold rewards, unless Blizzard was stupid enough to make the rewards like 200g or something. Then again, in that situation bots STILL wouldn't be the issue - it'd be the sudden flood of people wanting to make 'easy' gold by running BGs all day.

Sounds to me like you people can't come up with a valid argument for this, and just use bots as a scapegoat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    C'mon the logic here...
    'Lets not give anyone in the huge PvP community any reward for doing what
    they spend alot/most of their time on (aka random pvp). Because it may cause exploiting.'

Then they should remove all gold and loot from
    LFR raiding, questing and random mob loot.
    Its just silly.

They have to fix bots in bgs and implement gold rewards... simple
    This wouldnt even require that much work on blizz's side.
    Kick anyone who hasnt moved or hasnt changed direction while moving after 1 minute.
    And give us a clear and good kick-voting system in bgs that can kick people even if they are moving.

And for the comments about real people just mass entering bgs because of this
    and just trolling around. No problem, they will just lose... aka get nothing

BUT ATLEAST (if this seems not worth it for the millions of PvP'ers) give us some
    good gold generation for RATED pvp.

Although I still find the thought of not rewarding random pvp hilarious...
    Any bot can Q for LFR, chillax and get few 100's gold and some epic items no prob at all.

Sorry if this seems like a rant
    But it just feels dishonest to keep restricting the pvp player in doing what they want to do.
    We either have to raid (what alot of us HATE) to get the insanely OP pve items,
    (to stay competitive in what we actually want to be doing)
    or we have to do it so we can buy anything like enchants/repairs/gems.
    Last edited by mmocaa8ea6144f; 2012-09-15 at 07:38 AM.

Deleted
    I think GC mentioned something about implementing a gold reward for PvP. Not 100% sure though. I don't think it'll be so easy to fix the bots in bgs. Had a hunter who did nothing in a SOTA, but as soon as he was reported, he just entered combat, and went afk again. Quite annoying to say the least

I thought something was up with that last AV I was in and wasn't able to get any bloods to summon the Ice lord.

THIS TRAVESTY NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP!
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.