I said this 3 years ago but blade and soul and GW2 will probably be my go to MMOs.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ye. I'm digging how we are getting the most up to date build. It means warlock could be just a couple months after launch.

- - - Updated - - -

That cutscene

YUSSSSS

Sword went vertically through his brain
    That voice acting though. It's so bad.

Will definitely mod in korean audio if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaere View Post
    That voice acting though. It's so bad.

Will definitely patch in korean audio if possible.
    Translation voice acting will never be good. I've come to terms with this. But yea if there is an option to do eng sub instead of dub that would be nice.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed on the voices. I know it's not final cut, but uggh. That was bad. English subs with native language please. I can read, I'm good for it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Agreed on the voices. I know it's not final cut, but uggh. That was bad. English subs with native language please. I can read, I'm good for it.
    Only way to watch anime. I tried watching Kill la Kill in the english dub but holy shit it's so bad. They couldn't even get the emotions for the character right. Mako was never the same....

Why this isn't a default option in any game from a different region, especially if they already have subtitles built in, I will never know.

Only way to watch anime. I tried watching Kill la Kill in the english dub but holy shit it's so bad. They couldn't even get the emotions for the character right. Mako was never the same....
    It's terribad regardless of the language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

It's a bit odd they say that CBT is in fall and Launch (probably OBT) in winter. Doesn't seem like enough time to test server stability, translations, balance, etc, etc. My guess is it will either launch a later than they say or go in to CBT earlier. Of course the game is extreme polished at this point but still a few mounts of beta sounds a bit to short imo.
    Last edited by Phaere; 2015-05-21 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaere View Post
    It's a bit odd they say that CBT is in fall and Launch (probably OBT) in winter. Doesn't seem like enough time to test server stability, translations, balance, etc, etc. My guess is it will either launch a later than they say or go in to CBT earlier. Of course the game is extreme polished at this point but still a few mounts of beta sounds a bit to short imo.
    OBT will probably be a soft launch to test the server stability Which would happen like 2 days before launch then it transitions into launch no wipe. I think they did that with Archeage

10+ Year Old Account
    Only way to watch anime
    Wife likes dub, I like sub...idk. Some dubs are pretty good, like Inuyasha or maybe Cowboy Bebop. Most of them aren't good though. The only reason I ever watch dub is if we're watching together or if I'm doing something else at the time. Even then it's like...ehh...I should just take time to watch this properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why this isn't a default option in any game from a different region, especially if they already have subtitles built in, I will never know.
    You would think the target audience would at least warrant an initial setup which forces you to choose one or the other.
    BAD WOLF

Some dubs are pretty good, like Inuyasha
    I fear you have made many an enemy with this post : P

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I've only seen it dubbed because my wife loves it. I don't have the sub to compare it to. I'm sure native is better, because I always think that, but I didn't have any problems watching the dub with no reference for comparison. Cowboy Bepop I've watched both and prefer the sub by a large margin, but I thought the dub was decent.

In any case, we can likely all agree the VA in the B&S cutscene they showed was sooooo bad.
    BAD WOLF

In any case, we can likely all agree the VA in the B&S cutscene they showed was sooooo bad.
    Good thing I never have game audio on anyways! : D

Dubs are horrible. Emotions are lost through translations. I will never watch a dubbed anime, but this is about mmo games and blade and soul; as long as the gameplay and end game are good.

Inuyasha sucks anyway

/runs away

- - - Updated - - -

Korean & Chinese VO will be available. (Optional)
    yuuuuussssssss

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much work to not remove something, oh wait.
    yuuuuussssssss
    Do not want Chinese, I've heard it, it's well... kind of what I expected really. It's very meh. (I do understand Mandarin).

Is there any Japanese one? or is that region locked

I'm really looking forward to recreating my Lyn summoner and Gon Destroyer that I had on the Russian private server! So glad to hear that they aren't messing around with the art assets in game, was really worried considering what the renders look like on the site. Also pleased they are leaving the story alone for the most part.

I missed a lot of the stream, had to get back to work as they were going into the character creation. Did they talk about anything interesting after that, or was it just pretty much just what we already know from the Asian versions?

Nothing said about Japanese voice acting. At least we got korean.

- - - Updated - - -

so kung fu master is aparently impossibru to play with over 200ms. I know my computer sucks but it plays GW2 fine but I'm probably going to have to either go destroyer or summoner. At least till warlock comes out.

so kung fu master is aparently impossibru to play with over 200ms. I know my computer sucks but it plays GW2 fine but I'm probably going to have to either go destroyer or summoner. At least till warlock comes out.
    Wut? What does you computer have to do with your connection speed? >.>

Wut? What does you computer have to do with your connection speed? >.>
    Exactly. That's how bad my computer is.