Lyn blade master is being revealed TOMORROW

get hyped
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    get hyped
    I'm sorta curious as to whether or not were going to end up with another Wildstar situation where the game is hyped up for years and the train dies down long before the game actually launches thanks to it taking so long. If so, they should've just revealed later on down the road as they were closer to release.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    I'm sorta curious as to whether or not were going to end up with another Wildstar situation where the game is hyped up for years and the train dies down long before the game actually launches thanks to it taking so long. If so, they should've just revealed later on down the road as they were closer to release.
    Well we are closer arent we? Doesnt it release in the Fall?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Not really since blade and soul has already been around for years. You can just Google what the games about in Korea

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar was also not 'hyped up for years and years'. Almost no one knew about the game at all and definitely not until the final year before launch. Part of the reason Wildstar failed is because the lack of proper marketing and hype...not sure how people keep claiming otherwise.

Anyways, like Zito said B&S is an existing game with actual game to be hyped about. Everyone wanting to play it has just wanted it to be localized and available. All the hype isn't because of marketing and unknowns, but specifically because we already know we want to play it based on the game already existing.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Been a whole day and nobody said anything about the classes xD

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/game/classes/

NCSoft has revealed all the classes that you’ll be able to choose from when Blade & Soul launches in the west. Previously, only six classes were talked about, but a seventh one was revealed to be the Blade Dancer class, which is exclusive to the Lyn race.

“In addition, we’re making two classes available to the Yun and the Gon race that wasn’t before,” writes NCSoft. “The Yun are now able to stand fist-to-fist with the Gon and the Jin as Kung Fu Masters, while the Gon can now channel their inner chi to create Fire and Ice as Force Masters along with the Yun and Lyn.”

All seven launch classes are: Blade Master, Destroyer, Summoner, Force Master, Kung Fu Master, Assassin, and Blade Dancer. You can find out more about all of them and which races they’re available to on the Classes page.

As the Blade Dancer is the new one it’s worth zooming in on it. It is in fact the Lyn’s take on the Blade Master class, focusing more on a merging of “rapid attack speed, high mobility, and devastating control abilities at the expense of defense.” Blade Dancers are equipped with physical and mystical abilities and their fast pace allows them to take down enemies before they’re barely even aware the Blade Dancer is present.

“The Blade Dancer’s high attack speed and ability to chain attacks make them excel at one-on-one battles, while their crowd control skills give them an undeniable edge in parties. However, the Blade Dancer must always be aware of their Focus and pace themselves lest they risk running out of steam and leave themselves open to counter-attack,” reads the Blade Dancer’s description.

Blade & Soul will enter closed beta this fall in North America and Europe. The game’s proper launch won’t arrive until winter this year.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Interesting choice of lady wear this game depicts... then again, you really can't have higher expectations of the asians on that one, can we?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright cool, might start out a Lyn Blade Dancer first since I'm a huge melee guy. That magical catgirl duo though......

Don't want to go overboard in this game and just maybe stick with two classes, if that. If I eventually do another it will be a harder class like a KFM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Right now it's looking like I'll likely have a Force Master as my primary character, a Summoner as my backup, and a Kung Fu Master as something to fuck around on. Going to have to play around with them all to see which is the most enjoyable for me, though.

Damnit, seriously, MMO's need to stop coming out with good updates and the occasional interesting new one. Last year was great, like zero MMO's I was really interested in that were new, but a whole host of awesome expansions/content updates for existing ones. This year though? The same host of expansions/content updates (and it's looking like even more!) followed by a few MMO's I'm excited for and a few that I'm getting into late.

WHY MUST I BE SO ADDICTED TO MMO'S -________________________________-

So they did rename lyn blade master. Which makes me wonder if they will do it in Korea and give it to other races like they are currently doing to other races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damnit, seriously, MMO's need to stop coming out with good updates and the occasional interesting new one. Last year was great, like zero MMO's I was really interested in that were new, but a whole host of awesome expansions/content updates for existing ones. This year though? The same host of expansions/content updates (and it's looking like even more!) followed by a few MMO's I'm excited for and a few that I'm getting into late.

WHY MUST I BE SO ADDICTED TO MMO'S -________________________________-
    idk idk idk

but I'm going to be installing and playing on day 1 just like you. Even though I'm currently playing Wildstar, TERA, LotRO, GW2, TSW, and going to get SWTOR back up and running. Plz send halp.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are insane, but in a good way! I'll just be sticking with FFXIV (eats up 15-20 hours a week as is), TERA (just screw around and get the easy gear anymore, I'm not interested in spending absurd amounts of gold with each upgrade anymore), GW2 (I just do the story and world exploration events here, great game for that), and BnS (will be taking a serious stab at this game and sticking with one class for a long time). Hearthstone as well eats up decent chunks of my time and is getting a large expansion next month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    You guys are insane, but in a good way!
    I also have played these other games in the past few weeks:

D3, PoE, Marvel Heroes, Trove, Clicker Heroes, Divinity II, Card Hunter, Terraria, GTAV, Ori, Bardbarian, Quantum Conundrum and probably several others I can't remember. My problems are real. The worst part is that I don't have much time to play anything, so I play lots of little increments of things.

I've turned into a weekend warrior which makes playing MMOs really difficult.
    BAD WOLF

Looks like warlock won't get a day 1 release so blade dancer it is.

- - - Updated - - -

The art for blade dancer shows dual swords. Very misleading since they don't...

- - - Updated - - -

Blade and soul and GW2 are going to be my go to MMOs. I wish TERA stuck but bluehole is just making the game go backwards in time. Between theses 2 MMOs and my WiiU I will no longer have a social life.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Blade and soul and GW2 are going to be my go to MMOs. I wish TERA stuck but bluehole is just making the game go backwards in time. Between theses 2 MMOs and my WiiU I will no longer have a social life.
    We - MMO-C - are your social life.

We - MMO-C - are your social life.
    Basically

:l

Can't believe it's 5 years already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, lets try to play on the same server with this one if possible. Well, US people anyway. :P Going red faction for pvp though. I will kill you on sight if you go blue. :P Will pve with ya though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if there will be pve only servers XD i hate pvp with a passion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    The combat is so pvp focused, but it probably will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Oh come on, action combat MMOs are all about pvp and skill reflexes! I like killing nubs as a slow and old 35 year old and then crying like a shit when I lose. :P

I believe the servers are pve by default and that you initiate world pvp by putting your faction's dobok on. Never put that on and you'll be okay.

Gonna leave mine on while doing world stuff but will take it off if 2-3 people gang up on me. I'm not a fan of group ganking and will always a seek a 1 on 1 or even try a 1 vs 2.