10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogyn View Post
    What's the consensus been? Is it all hype I've been reading or is Blade and Soul a real contender for western MMO of next year? In other words will this have staying power? I don't mind small communities if I can find a good niche in a game, however I don't like feeling screwed over due to the business model. (Looking at you Evolve and ArchAge). Bottom line I am interested. Probably the most excited and hyped up on mountain dew I've felt since Realm Reborn. Heavensward is fantastic but I know what I expected. This I don't and that feeling is something I've been craving for a long time.

If I do buy a founder's pack I'll be going all in on the $125. Or am I saving money by buying the other ones and getting the extra character/inventory slots via the shop? Nnngh, which.
    The pvp will have staying power, but the pve is probably trash cuz it's a similar ruleset as GW2, so the usual dodge or get 1shot I'm thinking without healers.

I am definitely not considering the pve at this point, but I also haven't watched many vids or researched it much after I learned there is no roles.

In the end I think it will be a niche audience and not and incredible amount of players, but who knows
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2015-08-20 at 04:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    The pvp will have staying power, but the pve is probably trash cuz it's a similar ruleset as GW2, so the usual dodge or get 1shot I'm thinking without healers.

I am definitely not considering the pve at this point, but I also haven't watched many vids or researched it much after I learned there is no roles.

In the end I think it will be a niche audience and not and incredible amount of players, but who knows
    I'll be doing some dungeons and mostly trying to solo stuff, but while I'm out in teh world, my faction dobok will be on a good majority of the time.

Gonna make a Lyn Blade Dancer first. Then maybe a Gon or Yun KFM just to have a super hard melee to play. I would play just the midgets but that's not an option unfortunately.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Similar to GW2 but not exactly. There are still tanks and healing comes from leech gems and you are actually encouraged to CC instead of the garbage bar that is defiance.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

What's the PVP like in this game? Particularly scale, is it large scale like GW2's WvW and WAR's RvR, or mid scale like WoW's Arathi Basin, or small scale like WoW arenas? Is it instanced, open world, or both?
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    What's the PVP like in this game? Particularly scale, is it large scale like GW2's WvW and WAR's RvR, or mid scale like WoW's Arathi Basin, or small scale like WoW arenas? Is it instanced, open world, or both?
    Open world of varying scale and 1v1/3v3/6v6 arenas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I'll be doing some dungeons and mostly trying to solo stuff, but while I'm out in teh world, my faction dobok will be on a good majority of the time.

Gonna make a Lyn Blade Dancer first. Then maybe a Gon or Yun KFM just to have a super hard melee to play. I would play just the midgets but that's not an option unfortunately.
    Assassin here, excited for the 1v1 and 3v3 but wpvp looks really solid.

I hear KFM take even more skill than assassin but I like the sin aesthetic more, probably make one as alt.

I know the question has probably been answered somewhere..but I can't seem to find it. For the founders package it says "90-Day Premium Membership" Does this mean there's going to be a monthly subscription? Or will this game be free to play?

Quote Originally Posted by kbn22 View Post
    I know the question has probably been answered somewhere..but I can't seem to find it. For the founders package it says "90-Day Premium Membership" Does this mean there's going to be a monthly subscription? Or will this game be free to play?
    F2P with an optional sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the extremely obvious money grab this game is, and the fact it looks like TERA: Mists of Pandaria, I'm probably gonna have to pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Between the extremely obvious money grab this game is
    Umm...it's launching F2P. So...nope.
    the fact it looks like TERA: Mists of Pandaria
    Umm, no again. "It has Asian things so it must look like every other Asian thing".

God what a disgraceful series of statements.
    BAD WOLF

Between the extremely obvious money grab this game is
    Did I miss something? Game looks like a big budget AAA MMORPG to me, and gorgeous to boot.

and the fact it looks like TERA: Mists of Pandaria
    You mean it has an Eastern aesthetic? It's almost like it's an Eastern game set in an Eastern setting...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    F2P with an optional sub.
    Optional sub?

Quote Originally Posted by kbn22 View Post
    Optional sub?
    Pretty common for F2P games, it generally grants either access to locked off bits of the game or, like in this case, simply providing some boosts like experience bonuses etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Pretty common for F2P games, it generally grants either access to locked off bits of the game or, like in this case, simply providing some boosts like experience bonuses etc.
    Awesome. Looks like I'll be gettin the Master Pack

What are premium points and why should I care for them?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogyn View Post
    What are premium points and why should I care for them?
    The more money you spend, the more valuable the subscription service gets. Say base sub is 5% Xp 5% currency, at level 1 maybe it's 8%, then level 5 maybe is 20%, etc. That's the basic gist I got from it.
    BAD WOLF

Assassin here, excited for the 1v1 and 3v3 but wpvp looks really solid.

I hear KFM take even more skill than assassin but I like the sin aesthetic more, probably make one as alt.
    Kfm does have s large skill cap but players are also blowing it slightly out of proportion. You need good ping basicly and nobody has good ping playing the Chinese client or w/e so it's harder than it looks

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Might buy the $25 one XD seems to be the best if i dont want to spend an arm and a leg
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Might buy the $25 one XD seems to be the best if i dont want to spend an arm and a leg
    Considering base games or expansions cost double that it's really a good deal if you want to play early

I find it extremely annoying that NC West is only giving NA / EU 2 character slots by default when every other region including China gave you 4 slots by default.

This game has excellent character creation and the classes are unique and fun but being limited to only 2 slots unless you buy one of the stupidly expensive founders packs or spend money in the cash shop after launch is a bad decision imo.

Either way I'm looking forward to this game, but being so limited when the other regions didn't have this limitation will dull my enjoyment a small amount.