Glyph of Combustion... Working as Intended?

Glyph of Combustion doubles the duration and cooldown of Combustion (as well as doubles that piddly weak direct damage portion), but nowhere does it say it actually modifies the total damage of Combustion.

What I found through tooltips (and the general ticks of Combustion) was that while my duration was doubled to 20, each tick's damage was halved (so basically the same damage, just now spread out among 20 ticks (before haste) instead of 10 ticks).

It's... not supposed to do this, right?

Example: I had a *20k DP2S Ignite (10k DPS) and a *10k DP3S Pyroblast DoT (3.33k DPS). Rather than doing 13.33k DPS as what should be intended, Combustion was doing half of that (or 6.66k DPS).

* These numbers are made up.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2012-09-13 at 06:18 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    * These numbers are made up.
    Then please provide some logs where the numbers aren't made up so we can see what the problem is (if there is indeed one), because it is working fine on live.

Deleted
    That's not how it's working for me. I just tested it on live realm with a single pyro with and w/o glyph. Both did the same dmg per tick, glyphed just ~20 seconds instead of ~10 seconds (haste ignored). So working as intended and expected.

Edit: same on beta
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2012-09-13 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
    Then please provide some logs where the numbers aren't made up so we can see what the problem is (if there is indeed one), because it is working fine on live.
    Too much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    That's not how it's working for me. I just tested it on live realm with a single pyro with and w/o glyph. Both did the same dmg per tick, glyphed just ~20 seconds instead of ~10 seconds (haste ignored). So working as intended and expected.

Edit: same on beta
    Well this was a week or so ago, so it could have been bugged previous *shrug*

Idk, all I know is the tooltip was reporting half of what it should be doing, and I noticed very low numbers on my Combustion (it wasn't because of the Pyro glitch; the numbers were just ridiculously low)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Too much effort.
    You probably shouldn't come to the forums asking for people to confirm/deny your claims without any evidence. It's really a waste of time. If you're not willing to put effort into your question/complaint, then why should other people put effort into answering/solving it?

Please try to be a contributing, valued part of the community.

Well this was a week or so ago, so it could have been bugged previous *shrug*
    Well, it wasn't *shrug*

Every Fire mage with T13 gear has been running with that glyph since 5.0.4 landed. It would have been noticed if it was a constant bug. But maybe it's specific to something you were doing. Maybe it's a specific mob or boss. Maybe you're explaining yourself badly.

Too much effort though, huh? Thread closed I guess.