Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    And people complain GW2 lacks end game... getting just one legendary will take longer than clearing any end games for most other MMOs out there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Actually, if you ever want a legendary, you'll be spending well over 100 gold on the other components. I've said several times that obtaining the prerequisite exotic isn't even close to the hardest part. People are sharing all of their work and how they're doing it. There's no need to consolidate that work on a useless wiki when it's consolidated elsewhere already. http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...weapons-guide/

We live in an age of google. If somebody can't be bothered to google up the ridiconulous process of crafting a legendary, then chances are they didn't want it anyways.

And there's certainly no need to be as needlessly hostile as you've been.
    If i will drop / get those mats, and have enough money to waste for merch components, maybe one day i will craft them. I just coherently accepted the reality: legendary will be for a strict elite of players, well know on a list (go figure how many will wield one )

So wiki is trash huh. I guess you consider trash gw1wiki too, and wikipedia. Why the hell those idiots waste time editing and sharing information, damn. Wasn't better keep everything for themself? Dumbs caring to share with a community huh?

You love the BS on forums like guru , nice for you. I don't open guru from 2007 (when i realize the amount of trash users registered). Thinks, i was one of the farmer of Crystalline Sword on Snake Dance. Today on 2012, 95% of the online players have no idea of what i'm talking about. The same amount was on 2007. You have no idea how many trash BS i saw about the famous chest location, laughing on the persistance of BS. Just left the feeling to even pwn em.
    Hurrah to forums and BS posters

Wiki is worldwide knowledge, a forum is just a source of it, collecting between the trash, the real story.
    Google and forums existed before even wikipedia was created. Damned trash website, this www.wikipedia.org damn

Am i wrong?
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-15 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seolla View Post
    And people complain GW2 lacks end game... getting just one legendary will take longer than clearing any end games for most other MMOs out there
    Thats not an endgame, thats plain torture O_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha agree

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    Wiki is worldwide knowledge, a forum is just a source of it, collecting between the trash, the real story.
    Google and forums existed before even wikipedia was created. Damned trash website, this www.wikipedia.org damn

Am i wrong?
    Seeing as how you're not allowed or massively discouraged from citing Wikipedia as a reference when doing any kind of research/essay/dissertation I am going to go ahead and say yes you are wrong, while wikipedia may be useful on occasion generally it's seen as a trash website for the mere fact it can be edited by anyone, the source is what's important and although GW1/2 Wiki may be useful at some point they are not communities themselves, the forums are and this is where all the information is found and collected.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dusk

There you go, I added some information about how to obtain Dusk and it's on the wiki so it must be true, have fun.

Haha agree
    Well its an optional part of the game, so i just wont be getting one and im pretty sure everyone has that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    There you go, I added some information about how to obtain Dusk and it's on the wiki so it must be true, have fun.
    You know bunnies actually used to drop that right ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    You know bunnies actually used to drop that right ?
    And now it is official!

Trolling lvl max?

People on the interwebz hate to admit that their wrong, yet i see nothing wrong with it.

OT: A friend of mine has set his sights on not 1 legendary, not 2, but 3 legendaries! I'd be happy to just have one even if i don't use that weapon. For example the mace, i never use a mace, yet it would be awsome to have the legendary for it.

Time to invade Orr!

Deleted
    No doubt. Still i wonder which saint or mystical god gave him the illumination of the exact formula of Sunrise

Something is wrong here, am i the only one see it?

p.s. you said he shared immediately instead of buy what needed when lowerpriced. Still you say he's ready to craft, just a matter of karma. Erm...

I dunno if it's just me, but I can't even stand to read what you say due to the excessive use of that bloody emoticon. Seriously, why are you so obsessed with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    Seeing as how you're not allowed or massively discouraged from citing Wikipedia as a reference when doing any kind of research/essay/dissertation I am going to go ahead and say yes you are wrong, while wikipedia may be useful on occasion generally it's seen as a trash website for the mere fact it can be edited by anyone, the source is what's important and although GW1/2 Wiki may be useful at some point they are not communities themselves, the forums are and this is where all the information is found and collected.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dusk

Good But looking that video you posted, it's 4 golds, and 80, not 4 exotics, i made a correction (obiouvsly they should work too). You can even link that video temporarly as a proof, thinks. One day we will have a proof of a drop from a skeleton from Orr or a dungeon, and will be expanded with "Drops from 80 skeletons on Orr" and "Drops from random mobs on dungeons".
    Proof, makes the difference. I can add "Drops from moas outside The Groove" Tell me how long will remain online
    Do you know now how many thousand players will read what you wrote with this face? O_________O
    It's your personal ( a bit childish, let me) idea if the entire planet of every language go to guru reading the legendary thread 24/7, on english language too, and everyone even read guru too ( i don't when i can, thinks)

Most knows wiki, it's integrated inside the game with /wiki and managed by Arenanet. And non english speaking players use google translator, to read a simple line of text easy to translate. Quite different use google translator reading the entire guru forum english-turkish for example
    (adding billion nerd acronyms, WTF, QQing and billion other trash, have fun reading the translation )
    Ah wait, you must think the entire world speak english, who don't is a loser, or a minority, or maybe retards, right?

If you truly believe wikipedia, the biggest gift of internet recognized worldwide (and moderated by serious people, not a bunch of kids of your classroom ) is just a bunch of trash because everyone can edit (i guess you know you cannot trash out wikipedia, but wait, you never tried to edit it, right? XD ) well, this talks a lot..

Thank you for your contribution editing GW2 wiki. A first step. Thinks, you're the first ever wrote about it on wiki, about Dusk
    Quote Originally Posted by MeloticM View Post
    I dunno if it's just me, but I can't even stand to read what you say due to the excessive use of that bloody emoticon. Seriously, why are you so obsessed with it?
    Ye, it's my mark, on every forum of every language of every kind. I just love it, and fit perfectly the text and my real expression, typing.

Or you just think i put it randomly around (see? now fit )
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-15 at 02:54 PM.

If i will drop / get those mats, and have enough money to waste for merch components, maybe one day i will craft them. I just coherently accepted the reality: legendary will be for a strict elite of players, well know on a list (go figure how many will wield one )

So wiki is trash huh. I guess you consider trash gw1wiki too, and wikipedia. Why the hell those idiots waste time editing and sharing information, damn. Wasn't better keep everything for themself? Dumbs caring to share with a community huh?

You love the BS on forums like guru , nice for you. I don't open guru from 2007 (when i realize the amount of trash users registered). Thinks, i was one of the farmer of Crystalline Sword on Snake Dance. Today on 2012, 95% of the online players have no idea of what i'm talking about. The same amount was on 2007. You have no idea how many trash BS i saw about the famous chest location, laughing on the persistance of BS. Just left the feeling to even pwn em.
    Hurrah to forums and BS posters

Am i wrong?
    Not only are you wrong, you're absurdly hostile. I really wish you'd just calm the hell down. You talk about how trashy forums are, then don't be trashy on them.

You're just going into hyperbole mode, insulting me for the sake of it; the actual wikipedia is a respectable, moderated site that generally quotes many sources. I know nothing of GW1, and never played the game or really examined the wiki for anything other than lore reading.

The GW2 wiki is still heavily outdated, containing a huge amount of beta, or straight up wrong information, and I do not have the motivation or the drive to attempt to fix it. Myself simply adding a few more tidbits of info (that are already known, at that - my information is in no way novel or secret) would do absolutely nothing to help. The information is very easily accessible to anybody with a pulse and an internet connection that doesn't block search engines. The GW2Guru post that I linked is an admirable, collaborative effort between a whole lot of people, and you are doing their hard work a serious disservice by being such a raging... ok, calming down.

Seriously though. Stop being so hostile and generally nasty.

Deleted
    If you truly believe wikipedia, the biggest gift of internet recognized worldwide (and moderated by serious people, not a bunch of kids of your classroom ) is just a bunch of trash because everyone can edit (i guess you know you cannot trash out wikipedia, but wait, you never tried to edit it, right? XD ) well, this talks a lot..
    You can in no way compare a shitty wiki site like gw2wiki with wikipedia. Wikipedia is moderated by proffesors and other people who get paid to moderate. Gw2wiki is a big pile of junk who havent been updated in months for the most part AND with no moderators at all. In the case of a site such as gw2wiki a forum thread is 100 times more trustworthy as you have 1 person who gets to decide what information the thread will display. In worst case scenario if theres a person such as yourself posting... lets just say not so nice stuff you have mods to ban said person and clean up the thread. Everything in the thread on gw2guru is as trustworthy as it is on wikipedia as everything is tested, cross referanced and proved with screenshots.

I know this for a fact because I made the first thread where we figured out how to make Twilight and Xaragoth expanded on it with the guide on how to make all legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    You can in no way compare a shitty wiki site like gw2wiki with wikipedia. Wikipedia is moderated by proffesors and other people who get paid to moderate. Gw2wiki is a big pile of junk who havent been updated in months for the most part AND with no moderators at all. In the case of a site such as gw2wiki a forum thread is 100 times more trustworthy as you have 1 person who gets to decide what information the thread will display. In worst case scenario if theres a person such as yourself posting... lets just say not so nice stuff you have mods to ban said person and clean up the thread. Everything in the thread on gw2guru is as trustworthy as it is on wikipedia as everything is tested, cross referanced and proved with screenshots.

I know this for a fact because I made the first thread where we figured out how to make Twilight and Xaragoth expanded on it with the guide on how to make all legendaries.
    I don't. I compare wikipedia to gw1wiki. Everything exists on this game, is there. ALL. Updated daily. Nicholas changed locations? Couple hours, you will find: exact position, route to go to him with a picture with path, mats needed, how to farm them, what build is suggested.
    This is an active community who is not acting as a bunch or retards keeping Nicholas location for themsel with an attitude like : Hey hey, i don't share a damn, i can receive a gift with some mats to sell, maybe the weapons too, who gives a damn of others.

Thanks god, this kind of trash doesn't exists anymore on gw1. Even on 2007 when faction was released, before i left the game disappointed of Anet attitude, the trash on gw1wiki was deleted and corrected.

Yes, gw2wiki is free to edit (your ip is collected, if you keep trashing it, you will be permabanned to access edit function)

Today yes, it's a bunch of trash, working together, one day it will be THE BIBLE of gw2, and your beloved guru will be what it is today for gw1: an extremely useful source of discussions, builds, solo attempts / experiments, suggestion to improve the gameplay. NOT A SOURCE OF WHERE IN THE HELL IS NICHOLAS.

I'm talking of core functions. Like (coherently to this thread) legendaries are. You find a perfect formula to get Quip on every attempt (accordingly to the % to get it, just a matter of insist)? TYPE IT ON WIKI. It will lead to a bigger future of the community and your gameplay experience, and maybe a more proficient way to get it with less attempts wasting weapons over weapons.

I don't doubt a forum is an useful tool. I just hate i have to waste my time reading 50 useless posts of a noone kid maybe bashing someone, until finally after 30 pages weeee i finally got 1 useful post (and maybe noone gave a damn ignoring him), happy to implode with their useless posts.

THIS, is how i got the location of the famous chest. Thinks. And i was cashing out billions just selling nonperfect crystalline. The one i got, was sold for an unwrittable price to a mad rich guy. And i got the location by an ignored guy who just with low voice gave a hint, noone gave a damn of his post, got digged of 2 pages of trash in 5 minutes.

Did i explained properly what i mean now? No hostility, no " i hate Herecius" crap (we clarified on PM). I just want an active sharing community, like gw1 was and still is. Not a selfish bunch of kids attempting to cashout the TP.

P.S.
    Am i appear offensive if i still push the question: you still claim you found how to make legendaries. Still i wonder: did you ever crafted one? How you know when all mats with your Dusk will go inside the forge, you will not get a trashy exotic, or 250 ectos? (Just an example).

Still you talk about your posts and Xaragoth ones as "the guide". As much we know, just 2 humans on this planet knows perfectly "The guide".

Did they shared it with you? Are you one of those 2 famous guys on youtube? Ah ye, you told me those 2 retards acting like gods are giving hints.

Curious coincidence you all are working exactly on those 2 weapons we saw on youtube, why not Quip and the legendary result? Uhm

2 betatesters, supposed to be the elite all around, with the precious gift to play for free and on closed environment a game for months, went worldwide with a legendary founded wasting maybe billion mats, and still, they don't share a damn, waiting other players wasting mats over mats, gold over gold, repeating the entire cycle they just did for free logging on their nonpaid betaclosed account?

I guess you respect those guys giving you hints. If i meet them ingame , i will spit them on their face.
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-15 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Seriously though. Stop being so hostile and generally nasty.
    You can't hand out warnings? I mean you are a mod after all. Just report and move on, he apparently does nothing, but spam and will never admit that he's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    That's insane.
    Well... they are meant to be guild efforts, not individual ones.
    From that prism, is not that much.
    Still quite a lot of trouble though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    You can't hand out warnings? I mean you are a mod after all. Just report and move on, he apparently does nothing, but spam and will never admit that he's wrong.
    Wrong about what? Please, don't tell me i wasted my time repeating 8 times what my real purpose is. Please

Today, on that video , we have a PROOF. Until that video, i saw plently guys swearing on god they got one from a lv1 moa

Is this the wrong part? Rofl

And still, who the hell gives a damn ?

I want contribution, a perfect formula to get Quip, and just Quip, and a % of attempt needed (extimation)
    A perfect formula to get a black dye. i want ALL on WIKI. All available for everyone, even a new registered player.

This is possible if the entire community works unite. They don't. One find something new? "Whoah, time to cash out from TP, fuck others"

Now, i'm done repeating myself, i swear.
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-15 at 06:43 PM.

Deleted
    I don't doubt a forum is an useful tool. I just hate i have to waste my time reading 50 useless posts of a noone kid maybe bashing someone, until finally after 30 pages weeee i finally got 1 useful post (and maybe noone gave a damn ignoring him), happy to implode with their useless posts.

P.S.
    Am i appear offensive if i still push the question: you still claim you found how to make legendaries. Still i wonder: did you ever crafted one? How you know when all mats with your Dusk will go inside the forge, you will not get a trashy exotic, or 250 ectos? (Just an example).
    First of all you wont have to go through 50 pages to find the useful stuff because Xaragoth keeps updating the original post with every new piece of information so that is all you have to look at. If there is something you dont understand or something that is wrong you can go ahead and comment in the tread and your question will be answered/the thread will be updated.

Secondly we know this is exactly how you make the legendary item because we have people who have made it before confirm that is the recipe, additionally we so far only need to make 1 more out of the 4 base components and then its done. 3 of the pieces that are already made can be combined in the Mystic Forge and the last one is just as the other 2 gifts made from legendary items that says "used to craft legendary weapons". If you still dont believe me ill bet you all my ingame gold (20g) that it is the right recipe. You can go ahead and add me on friendslist ingame, my name is Pacer just like it is on this forum. We should know in 1-2 weeks if im right or not but that depends on how fast someone can farm up 700-900k karma as the rest of the pieces are done already.

I'd love a way to disable smileys from showing up.... they're pissing me off...

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop reading this thread, so. Someone is forcing you threating your life, to read it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    First of all you wont have to go through 50 pages to find the useful stuff because Xaragoth keeps updating the original post with every new piece of information so that is all you have to look at. If there is something you dont understand or something that is wrong you can go ahead and comment in the tread and your question will be answered/the thread will be updated.

Secondly we know this is exactly how you make the legendary item because we have people who have made it before confirm that is the recipe, additionally we so far only need to make 1 more out of the 4 base components and then its done. 3 of the pieces that are already made can be combined in the Mystic Forge and the last one is just as the other 2 gifts made from legendary items that says "used to craft legendary weapons". If you still dont believe me ill bet you all my ingame gold (20g) that it is the right recipe. You can go ahead and add me on friendslist ingame, my name is Pacer just like it is on this forum. We should know in 1-2 weeks if im right or not but that depends on how fast someone can farm up 700-900k karma as the rest of the pieces are done already.
    I truly wish they are not laughin on your back waiting when you will throw stuff on the forge. I don't want to see your face if you get nothing/ random useless exotic, just because Anet on the next patch tomorrow morning will change the formula (assuming was correct)

Over than if one day this weapon will be forged, i hope you got my point: as you wrote before, who is contributing on this attempt, wasted time and loads of expensive mats trying to figure out the final recipe. When those 2 retards was perfectly able to open the wiki, push the edit button, and make everything clear from 08/25

And don't tell me they are free to do it , or they must not give you a silver platted service. They MUST, different. They was just playing for free a closed beta , just because randomly lucky to be part of that list. Gamers, who didn't give a damn to fix the karma weapon exploit or the cooking one.
    But quite happy to be watched by the entire playerbase on youtube acting like badass with their legendary, and pretending to spit like a god some random hints and a "k now you wasted your health and billion mats, you got it too, correct"

I don't want this trash around on this game, this is an MMO, everything CORE CONTENT must be worldwide shared, the same moment is found.

Nah, time to cashout the TP. Rule N.1 of GW2.

I wish you the best on your attempt, and ye, if you like it, i will add you to contacts ( i hope you're not on european servers, we are not allowed to communicate nor add on contact)

Sometimes i wonder, looking some random hater posting, if my name was Gaile Gray angry inviting this forum to collaborate to improve our wiki, i was going to receive this kind of trash
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-15 at 07:12 PM.

Lucas, for the love of god, we know exactly how to make the legendaries.

It's no mystery.

The -only- mysterious component is how to get the relative gift for all the different legendaries other than the Greatswords (such as Gift of Sunrise for... Sunrise), because people have been largely focusing their efforts on the greatswords.

It's not a big mystery on how to figure it out, either. I know how to get Quip. Here is how to get Quip:

Simply put, the recipe for Quip is as follows:

Chaos Gun of Rage+Gift of Mastery+Gift of Fortune+Gift of Quip.

The only slightly unknown part of this recipe is exactly how to make Gift of Quip, but it won't be that hard to deduce when it comes to that.

Simple, no? Haha, nope.

First, I need a Chaos Gun of Rage. If I'm stupidly lucky, I'll make one in the Mystic Forge. More likely, I'll end up buying one of the TP that somebody else was able to make.

Next, I need a Gift of Mastery.
    For this, I'll need 250 Obsidian Shards (which is just a karma dump), A Bloodstone Shard (200 skill points), a Gift of Exploration (100% map completion, I'm being leisurely about this, there's no rush considering all the other materials), and a Gift of Battle (500 Badges of Honour, I'm actively working on this).

Third, I'll need a Gift of Fortune. For this, I need 250 Globs of Ectoplasm (expensive), 77 Mystic Clovers (extremely expensive, shitloads of Karma as well, random luck in the mystic forge), a Gift of Magic (very expensive, made of entire stacks of T6 crafting mats) and a Gift of Might (also made from T6 crafting mats, including powerful blood, gah).

Finally, I need the crafting gifts for a Gift of Quip. I already have Gift of Wood. Right now, I'm working on Gift of Entertainment (500 tokens of Beetletun from CM Explorable). This is the only bit where the mystery comes in. I need 100 of a Runestone. I don't know which runestone. It may be a Corrupted Runestone or a Molton Runestone, who knows. But I need 100 of them. I'll worry about this when I get there. And finally, I'll need a Superior sigil. I don't know which one. I've been hoarding all of my Superior sigil until I find out which I need, but I only need one of them.

That is how to create Quip in the Forge. It's a long, arduous process for a legendary, but the info is right there, plain as day.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-09-15 at 07:19 PM.