Warlock race as Alliance

Hey!

I'm going to be switching over to alliance from horde on my warlock and I was mostly just curious about what other people think the best race would be. I'm stuck between gnome and worgen.

As a gnome you get 5% max mana (might help as Destro), Escape Artist, 1% hit when using either a dagger or a 1h sword. (And also 15 engineering skill and 1% reduced arcane damage taken)

As a worgen you get 1% crit and darkflight (And also skinning skill as well as reduced shadow and nature damage taken)

I'm stuck between the two because it seems to me that if I was going to be using a dagger or a sword then gnome would be better than worgen as 1%hit > 1%crit. However if I was to end up using a staff than worgen would be better.

Gnomes also have higher base intellect (26 compared to 18) but that's negligible for the most part.
    Thoughts?

EDIT:

This is PvE and stats focused. Not necessarily aesthetically or PvP focused.
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2012-09-13 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    aesthetics trump racial bonuses!

But 1% crit you will always have whereas the 1%expertise is dependent on the loot table, if a staff is BiS you are Shit out of luck on the racial benefit
    also Dark Flight is something you are more likely to use in PvE but escape artist is ok sometimes

Engineering is a better profession than skinning.

I chose Gnome (destruction/demonology), i don't know how Expansive mind interracts with Chaotic energy, but i am assuming Chaotic Energy starts as a % of mana/sec and increases with haste, which would make it always better with Gnomes. and really i just think tiny little warlock raining fire and destruction on my enemies is adorable.

Deleted
    Human

Worgen is glitchy as hell and the male has a stupid running animation looking like he's plowing the ground with his arms. And let's not discuss the other 2 races who can be locks unless you're into midgets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Human

Worgen is glitchy as hell and the male has a stupid running animation looking like he's plowing the ground with his arms. And let's not discuss the other 2 races who can be locks unless you're into midgets.
    What if said person does not wish to be human? What if they like the looks of Worgen? What if they like short characters?

OT:It depends on if you are looking at stats or aesthetics. Gnomes are excellent casters, whereas Worgen are the most fearsome-looking of the Alliance races. Humans have an extra trinket slot, and dwarves...well...are dwarves. When it comes to casters, my preference isn't exactly a dwarf...

10+ Year Old Account
    For me? Dwarf Female. Always.

As for your two choices.

Aesthetically, gun to my head, Worgen as I've seen some awesome Transmogs for them. Plus you can go human form if you really want to while city camping.

For racial bonus wise, I think I'd choose the Worgen as well as the +hit from the gnome is going to be most helpful during T14 but afterwards will lose its luster with the abundant of +hit gear.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    For me? Dwarf Female. Always.

As for your two choices.

Aesthetically, gun to my head, Worgen as I've seen some awesome Transmogs for them. Plus you can go human form if you really want to while city camping.

For racial bonus wise, I think I'd choose the Worgen as well as the +hit from the gnome is going to be most helpful during T14 but afterwards will lose its luster with the abundant of +hit gear.
    Well regardless of the amount of hit on gear, you have to always get 15% hit and being able to convert that 1% hit from the racial into more beneficial stats seems to me to be worth it regardless of how easy it is to get 15% hit.

I'm leaning towards Gnome at this point in time just because the hit racial seems really, really nice to me and while darkflight is quite nice, the 1% crit is nowhere near as good as the 1% hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is the stat coefficient for 1% hit at level 90? is it greater than the cofficient for 1% crit?
    because with the introduction of reforging, 1 point in any secondary stat-rating~ 1point any OTHER secondary state rating if you have reforgeble gear.

oddly enough humans get a double dps racial bonus on shadow priests because mace expertise and Human spirit both yield hit rating. (and +spirit weapons are almost always maces).

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems with the change to expertise actually being useful to casters getting to hit cap wont be such a chore as has been in prior expansions in pre raid gear. With that in mind I think the worgen would be better because the sprint can be helpful (though not so much now as I almost always take burning rush on my lock). For extreme min maxing I would say gnome just because of escape artist but again that is super situational. I liked gnomes as casters as well but I play horde now so that option is gone.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

Keep in mind that 1% Crit are 600 Critrating, 1% hit is just 340 Rating. So the worgenracial should always be better than the gnome one.
    Especially on later tiers when you have lots of hit on your gear anyway. And you are not tied to swords/daggers.

I will switch my human to worgen after i got exalted with the pandaren factions. Seems like the best choice for min maxing on alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Keep in mind that 1% Crit are 600 Critrating, 1% hit is just 340 Rating. So the worgenracial should always be better than the gnome one.
    Especially on later tiers when you have lots of hit on your gear anyway. And you are not tied to swords/daggers.

I will switch my human to worgen after i got exalted with the pandaren factions. Seems like the best choice for min maxing on alliance.
    That's true, but that's 340 hit rating that's can be reforged into a better stat since hit has a cap, compared to being just stuck with 600 crit rating which can't be reforged.

The only thing that's making me unsure of whether to be gnome is that it's tied to dagger/sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    I switched from human to worgen when cataclysm came out, but the worgen is too bulky for my liking, so i switched back recently to a female human.

Doesn't really matter which one you choose as long as your skilled with your class you can perform the same as any race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post
    I switched from human to worgen when cataclysm came out, but the worgen is too bulky for my liking, so i switched back recently to a female human.

Doesn't really matter which one you choose as long as your skilled with your class you can perform the same as any race.
    Amen!
    Aesthetics > Player Skill > Everything Else.

Gnome Warlock! It's the only way!!!

Racials don't matter anymore.