10+ Year Old Account
    Still need to decide if we want me running a Christmas game again. Remember that the thought process behind the Christmas game is that a lot of people are busy around that time, so we have some fun with the roles and concept behind the game. It's had a general theme to it the last couple years that myself and Keleb have kept going. In Keleb's absence I would make sure things would fit the same basic concept. I'd just grab someone else to co-mod.

It wont take me long to come up with the roles for that game since I should be able to access those mod threads still.

Deleted
    My game is almost done Arlee is double checking stuff for me.

My up and coming game is called: Cruel Intentions

10+ Year Old Account
    I have run games with 36 hour days and 18 hour nights. They work fine. I may do it in my upcoming game, but I honestly hadn't thought about it prior to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle View Post
    My game is almost done Arlee is double checking stuff for me.

My up and coming game is called: Cruel Intentions
    Of course it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    My game has the general theme and general idea behind it worked out. It's at least 3 months away though so I've got plenty of time. I plan on having it mostly setup either right before or right after my Blizzcon trip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    Still need to decide if we want me running a Christmas game again. Remember that the thought process behind the Christmas game is that a lot of people are busy around that time, so we have some fun with the roles and concept behind the game. It's had a general theme to it the last couple years that myself and Keleb have kept going. In Keleb's absence I would make sure things would fit the same basic concept. I'd just grab someone else to co-mod.

It wont take me long to come up with the roles for that game since I should be able to access those mod threads still.
    A Christmas game as an interm game would be fine I think with a player limit to it, but not sure if the time-frame of Arlees game ending is going to match up with a Christmas game.

omg Krayzy you soooo have to do a Christmas game

10+ Year Old Account
    Added your game theme Cruelle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Added your game theme Cruelle
    Ha! I see what you did there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe

Also WTB 1 Listo!

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    That said, there are a lot of things we players can do to utilize the day time better. Obviously though, if you are scum, you don't really ... want to.
    The night time, as well.

After the first night or two of mostly non-discussion in the intermission game, it occurred to me that mafia should really start discussing their night actions about halfway through the day phase, and only use all night if there's some serious debate going on. It helps alleviate the hours of nothing that happen as a result of waiting for input from people in different time zones before submitting the night action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally I try and start discussion of the night action during the day, I was just quite busy and pre-occupied during the interm game :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    To leviate that a bit, less interm games and less time between games would be nice.
    If someone comes up with something to make the games faster too, that'd be good. They do drag on a bit as it currently is.
    interim games are usually only a few days and if we start having less time between games, I'm sure the people that aren't playing those games will start getting burnt out ._.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I've been driving the "less interim games and less time between games" train for quite a while now. Hop on board!

There is no reason the sign ups for the next game shouldn't go up the day after the previous game ended. Most people are ready to go within 5 or 6 days (the amount of time needed for sign ups and confirmation PM's) and if they aren't then they can just sit out a game. They'll just feel more refreshed and ready to go for the following game.

I think that will actually get people to be more active in games because they will feel refreshed since I would bet most would switch to a "Play 2 or 3 games and then take 1 off...repeat" strategy to the games they play.
    and most interim games take 3-4 days assuming the mods balance it so :P

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    interim games are usually only a few days and if we start having less time between games, I'm sure the people that aren't playing those games will start getting burnt out ._.
    That are playing those games you mean?
    And not really, for two reasons.
    1. Like Krayzy said they can just take a game break, that's fine and not an issue and would actually benefit things as a whole since less people = shorter games.
    2. Not everyone survives to the end of the game, usually by the end of a game there is a least a week or two of you having been dead which is like a forced break. Some unlucky survive to the end of every game souls might get burnt out but again, that's fine you can just take a break, that is totally okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    That are playing those games you mean?
    I mean what I said :P I imagine people signing up for damn near every interim game are the type that won't be burnt out for a while

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    and most interim games take 3-4 days assuming the mods balance it so :P
    Decided to check for reference.
    33.5: 1,5 days - 10 players
    34.5 7.5 days - 12 players
    37.5 5 days - 13 players (though this was a little different and something that shouldn't happen again, and goes against your "people will get burnt out" theory given you made an entire interm game for people that died during a current ongoing game!)
    43 3/4 - 2 days - 8 players
    44.5 - 2 days 18 players
    45.5 - 3 days 10 players
    45.5 - 5 days 15 players

Add at least a day to each time for sign ups to happen, and reduce Krayzys 5-6 day number because that was a little high honestly 2-3 days at most including time for sign ups and role PMs seems reasonable, and you'll see there is really only a few games that would work under those conditions without delaying the next game and I do feel if you're intending to run an interm game just randomly without the next mod saying they want a few days leeway, it should not delay that game.
    So unless you can guarentee your game is going to last no more than 2 real days, not worth it and not worth it anyway imo to keep them going except on the rare occasions that they are requested like they used to be.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean what I said :P I imagine people signing up for damn near every interim game are the type that won't be burnt out for a while
    Oh okay, was confused by the context. You meant people not playing interm games will get burnt out by continuous mafia games, I can see that, but meh someone taking a game off is fine. Some people in the last game were talking about taking a game off anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    y'know....the average of all those games is 3.7 days lol

but yeah, interim games should be built for speed. It was their original intention and while some were rather long(holy shit 2nd one was over a week?), majority were 2 days or less. Lots of deaths + short(like 12-24 hour days really, 12 hour nights) to make it quick and they should cap out at like 10 or so players

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like how 43 3/4 and 44.5 were done, future interm games should be like those.

However I still think they should only be done on the next mods request should they need a few days, not as the norm. Arlee did want a few days so this last one was acceptable though a bit longer than an interm game should be at 5 days aprox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Holy sweet son of Frigg, someone fill me in on the game specifics or like dead thread or something, I want to know the roles and stuff finally a theme I care about
    talk to the corgi!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Nice try, dogs can't talk - you're not getting me institutionalized again, brain voice!
    I'm a beagle soooooo