Sounds pretty good.

Does anyone with an upcoming game need a Co mod? I'm probably in a different time zone so that's helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Flood box?

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    I'm actually so keen. No idea about modding or game balance though so it will probably be shit. Maybe i just aim to make it pretty basic. I'll do some research.

How much of a time commitment is modding? Seems like a full time job.
    It is. And more.

Planning:

The games I've been involved in took this amount of effort:
    - MMMM game: 20 months of planning, writing, drawing - and this number is going up.
    - Danganronpa game: 8 weeks of planning and writing.
    - Stargate game: 6 weeks of writing (plus an unknown amount of planning before I joined the team)

The main work is balance and making good rolecards. Balance is best done by asking someone experienced to review your game; I could probably write a thesis on the subject and I don't even have a good answer to what makes a setup truly balanced. Be careful about confirmable roles and wonky roles, that's the two most common balance pitfalls.

Good rolecards is a PITA, expect 6-7 hours per rolecard to make them truly good. Simple is better, so the more you can cut the better it gets. This takes a huge amount of time and effort.

I strongly recommend joining someone else as a co-mod to get the experience before main-modding your own game. If nothing else to get an estimate of the effort needed.

Running:

It's much simpler in terms of effort, but more exhausting because you must be online 24/7.
    - During the first gameday, be online 24/7. Expect to answer 50 questions in a 3 hours window, plus five per unclear rolecard.
    - Remaining days: check forum and quicktopics every hour, and more often when nearing the lynch. Forget about being social!
    - Get a co-mod so that you can sleep!
    - Keep an updated votecount in the mod thread so that posting a vote count is easier.
    - Whenever the day looks like it is nearing a close, prepare an end-of-day post so that you can post it quickly.
    - Expect to have to re-do it multiple times, because players always change their minds
    - Make sure days always start and end while you are available. Extend deadlines with a few hours to ensure it fits your schedule (don't shorten them).

Once it is over you will likely want to sleep for a week. I strongly recommend making the game require as little mod input as possible to lower the load of your game.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Going to add, get a notebook to plan, or have a very detailed indexed word file.

- - - Updated - - -

My game has filled pages of crap, and I'm still trying to work out alot of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    can i be added to the mod list please
    no theme yet though

Quote Originally Posted by JynxMoonchild View Post
    Can I get added? Theme is xmen
    You're both added.

Hmm . Maybe I shouldn't then. If all the work was done in the leadup I could but I can't do long periods online etc. Work commitments are too demanding.

Hmm . Maybe I shouldn't then. If all the work was done in the leadup I could but I can't do long periods online etc. Work commitments are too demanding.
    That's why co-mods are a thing. If you can get a co-mod that can be online to handle vote counts and telling people to shut up after they lynch someone, then you can do the write-up and night post when you get home. Or the co-mod can write it (as was the case with Dendrek writing RP for Uggor's game).

As for maintaining quicktopic threads: it sounds like a handful but QuickTopic has a number of things to help with that. If you create an account and log in, you can view all of your recent threads (and it stores many) on the same page and see which ones have been updated since you last checked. You can also add threads to a shared category page (which will keep them together) and share that page with your co-mod for easy monitoring.
    Last edited by Reticence; 2015-05-17 at 04:02 AM.

You don't have to be. I'm sure someone will be willing to help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it won't be too hard to find a reasonably active co-mod. I could co-mod for you if no one else will but I'd recommend getting a co-mod that can help you plan the game also so that would be someone who likes Disney stuff, which isn't me xD I haven't watched any of the recent Disney films, last Disney films I watched was when I was a kid and watched things like the Lion King and Jungle book and Flubber (That was Disney right?)

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you want to count Marvel and Star wars as Disney...then count me in! They are owned by Disney so technically they are Disney films ;]

On that note, I love the crap out of Disney :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    On that note, I love the crap out of Disney :P
    I challenge you to a Disney wizard duel.

No pink dragons!

If there hasn't been one already then I have an idea for a 'Walking Dead' themed game. It'd very likely be a bastard game, mind you, though I doubt I'd be able to run it myself since I'm great at doing flavour text and stuff like that but terrible at tallying up votes/working with numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean bastard game? As in cult? Zombies would make sense as a cult theme but you could do it without that and just have them kill.

Actually isn't there an actual zombie role in some games?

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    What do you mean bastard game? As in cult? Zombies would make sense as a cult theme but you could do it without that and just have them kill.

Actually isn't there an actual zombie role in some games?
    There would be zombies but town wouldn't be able to trust town either - it'd literally be every man/woman for themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh so like the hunger games game pretty much except with a faction slowly eating people xP

Sounds interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually looking it up it seems that with zombies the only possible outcome is that zombies win, and those kinds of games aren't fun imo you'd need to somehow balance it to give town a fighting chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    There would be zombies but town wouldn't be able to trust town either - it'd literally be every man/woman for themselves.
    The Dangrappa game that Danner run is exactly the every man for themselves thing.

It was actually an incredibly enjoyable game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    The Dangrappa game that Danner run is exactly the every man for themselves thing.

It was actually an incredibly enjoyable game.
    What was it about? I don't remember because i wasn't in it because they put a ridiculously low amount of players in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    What was it about? I don't remember because i wasn't in it because they put a ridiculously low amount of players in it.
    Everyone had survivor on their role so you could become an SK and start killing people. (only one SK active at any one time).

Even cops(we had about 4-5 of course)/doctors etc had the survivor role. There were 3 mafia as well who could kill if the town didn't lynch everyday.

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to try a game on epic mafia since they're quick 10 minute games and I know it's unranked I'm playing but this is like playing a game entirely made up of Kels.

Graeham, TV show or comic book themed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they that different?