10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    A co-mod is just needed to bounce ideas off of sand to give their own ideas. If you know the source material then you'd be fine.

During the game, especially my games, all you really have to do is the occasional vote count.
    That's another thing. Out of all Stargate stuff I've only seen that 1 movie(1994 according to Netflix)... I could probably find a way to watch it all between work... I'd just have to skip on anime/manga/WoW for a few days probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    That's another thing. Out of all Stargate stuff I've only seen that 1 movie(1994 according to Netflix)... I could probably find a way to watch it all between work... I'd just have to skip on anime/manga/WoW for a few days probably.
    Off to Netflix with you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I want to be Executive Co-mod
    So you can kill me and take over my game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have time Krayzy (#1 procrastinator here)!!! Well that and I'm trying to do SoO 25 right now with a pug group...

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea of either a Vegas or Stargate themed game, both topics I am deeply in grossed in!

dibs on Samantha Carter. You should totally have ancient beings (Merlin and Morgana) as the Mods cause they know all!

No one ever wants to play cards with me irl because I do a fair job counting them as long as we don't keep adding additional decks in :>

But no Oma Desala?
    Well Oma was kind of outcast. If anything I think she could make a really awesome player character though. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no real desire to mod a game, otherwise if I were to start modding then co-moding a stargate themed game would be the perfect start but I think I'd just much rather play in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    dibs on Samantha Carter. You should totally have ancient beings (Merlin and Morgana) as the Mods cause they know all!
    I should get Samantha Carter, I went to the first and so far only ever con I've been to in Australia solely to see Amanda Tapping
    Other than that it was a pretty shit Con, I don't think Perth knows how to con, but the Amanda Tapping panel was amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

You can be Marty, Lelly

10+ Year Old Account
    Anakso, you will be Chloe from SGU.

(That abomination of a character and show will not be in the game)

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I have no real desire to mod a game, otherwise if I were to start modding then co-moding a stargate themed game would be the perfect start but I think I'd just much rather play in it.
    I know the feeling tbh. It's like really hard to decide when you really like a theme if you want to play and immerse yourself in that world, or help mod it and really see what you can bring to the table from the source. Help others enjoy that game world, make new stories in it, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lelly can be the guy that they always tested the random weapons on.

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that I did NOT include any seasons of SGU in my earlier analysis of time to watch, my collection, etc. They really dropped the ball there and I want no part of that.

TBH though, I think they had the CHANCE to make it good. But as soon as they totally changed the core of the show, aka going through the stargate, they lost a lot of people I think. If you aint through that gate like every episode, it aint stargate imo.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG! I know EXACTLY who you are talking about I think. He always got flung around and stuff too right? But for the life of me I can't remember his name off the top of my head. Ugh, this is going to bug me now. Siler? That sounds right...

10+ Year Old Account

Nooooooooooooo!
    I didn't mind the show that much, definitely wasn't as good as SG-1 or Atlantis but it had potential, had it not been cancelled early it could have gotten a lot better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomec View Post
    TBH though, I think they had the CHANCE to make it good. But as soon as they totally changed the core of the show, aka going through the stargate, they lost a lot of people I think. If you aint through that gate like every episode, it aint stargate imo.
    Yea, actually in my rewatch of Stargate recently I just skipped Universe.
    It had it's good points, if they had gone more in the direction of exploring the out universe which they could have done with more time, I could have been good.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    It had it's good points, if they had gone more in the direction of exploring the out universe which they could have done with more time, I could have been good.
    Yea, that's really my major beef. Like they could have still kept a lot of the drama and suspense there with the ticking clock and stuff, but send them through the gate more. Explore the universe. Find like a new "ancient" species or something. You literally could go WHEREVER you wanted with it and been ok because hey, it's super damn far away.

Bring those conflicts on the ship to light on planet where if you don't make it to the gate in time you're stuck forever, that builds suspense and drama and stuff way more than it being all on ship. Like when (iirc) they purposefully stranded rush on that planet because he was all being shady and shit. Do THAT more and you could have had something great.

But instead they kinda shot themselves in the foot by trying to change to story too much. I think people could have bought the drama and stuff, but off ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sgt Silar!!

My Stargate knowledge is unparallelled!

10+ Year Old Account
    But no Oma Desala?
    I loved Oma (Especially the actress) and I loved the old diner scenes she did with Michael Shanks but I suppose it all depends on Krayzy's timeline.

Does it want standard goa'ulds like Ra, Apothesis etc or are we going later episodes where its against the Ori

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated Adria.
    Since the moment she was born I was waiting for her to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I have to be scum, I would like to be Amaterasu.
    10/10 Would get a snake in my head for.

Well if one wants the most roles, a good time would be during the final days of the Goa'uld wars (with all the big Goa'uld System Lords) but have the Ori and Replicators as alternate possible factions. The Free Jaffa Nation also works as mason material.
    I worry we're stepping a little heavily on Kray's toes here... But I agree with this. You can still include some of the ascended (like Oma) too as I believe the big war was around the time Anubis did his little trickery as it were. Just off the top of my head you have at least 2-3 groups of System Lords, the SGC, Jaffa, Free Jaffa, Asgard, Ascended, and replicators, Tok'Ra all in that time frame-ish. Nox could also make an appearance around that time in the right role, and a lone Tollan or two too wouldn't be outside the realm of possibilities.

I also believe it was around that time that the Atlantis stuff started going into full swing, as I know the drone outpost was used to fend off a large attack. So there is a whole new can of worms that could be possibly added to the mix.

Really though, with 15 (or 17 if you count Universe) seasons I believe, there is way too much source material to begin to think about what could and couldn't be in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I honestly feel like their ending to Season 1 setup the ability for them to explore really badass and unique situations. I might be biased though, because even though I recognize her character was weak, I thought Chloe was really hot, I don't really understand why though.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Everything you mentioned except for the graphics can be changed. Graphics were cartoonish to begin with and it was also designed for a game that came out almost a decade ago.
    Uh... So am I able to use skills when there is no enemy nearby? The targeting thing felt so annoying that I don't know if I can get over that. I kinda like to time skills and position myself so the standard system felt just a bit annoying....

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Uh... So am I able to use skills when there is no enemy nearby? The targeting thing felt so annoying that I don't know if I can get over that. I kinda like to time skills and position myself so the standard system felt just a bit annoying....
    You can Arcane Explosion any time you want to!

But most skills require a target anyway. Actually, positioning would be much more annoying in a MMORPG because of ping issues.