Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Imagine if we discovered a planet with dinosaurs living on it

just think about it..
    before there were humans we had dinosaurs living on earth.
    meaning there was no intelligent life here.
    it was just a planet with animals on it eating killing each other.
    GIANT animals i might add.

imagine if we ever found a planet like that now?
    what do you think the human race would do??

i personally believe we will capture as many animals as possible and study them..
    we would slowly build bases on that planet and bring our weapons over there to protect those bases.
    after learning about them we would probably start trying to eat them.
    what else do you guys think we would do

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you about covered it.

Actually, some dinosaurs were quite the intelligent beings... Velociraptor comes to mind. While a lot of dinosaurs such as the stegosaurus were indeed, not very intelligent, Saying dinosaurs weren't intelligent is a really ignorant thing to say.
    Leaving that out of the way, it is indeed known that it is in human nature to want to understand (or turn into money) as much things as possible and these so called dinosaurs would indeed be studied thoroughly to help us better understand our history, the universe (and our pockets)

EDIT: I don't know how this detail escaped my mind, but if we found a planet with dinosaurs, it would mean we have found a planet with everything needed to live, therefore we would colonize( is that even a verb? ) that panet and probably end up wiping most of the big dinosaurs and putting them in zoos and the like
    Last edited by zlygork; 2012-09-14 at 12:28 AM.

What about

....a space ship with dinosaurs on it!?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I'd start a fund for the technical advancements to make http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQcWmQsfFBY&t=26s a reality.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Actually, some dinosaurs were quite the intelligent beings... Velociraptor comes to mind. While a lot of dinosaurs such as the stegosaurus were indeed, not very intelligent, Saying dinosaurs weren't intelligent is a really ignorant thing to say.
    Leaving that out of the way, it is indeed known that it is in human nature to want to understand (or turn into money) as much things as possible and these so called dinosaurs would indeed be studied thoroughly to help us better understand our history, the universe (and our pockets)

EDIT: I don't know how this detail escaped my mind, but if we found a planet with dinosaurs, it would mean we have found a planet with everything needed to live, therefore we would colonize( is that even a verb? ) that panet and probably end up wiping most of the big dinosaurs and putting them in zoos and the like
    how can you say they are intelligent when we have never seen one alive?
    saying one is intelligent without ever seeing them alive or interacting with anything is ignorant if you ask me.

apparently the closest living relative to t rex is the chicken. i'll take a giant drumstick, we're gonna need a bigger fryer

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    What about

hahah yeah that would be crazy..
    everybody thinks of aliens in ufos as some sort of human shaped creature with big eyes big head..
    but what if those in the ufo were actually giant dinosaurs in gigantic spaceships..
    i sure hope that happens in my life time..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    What about

The doctor see's what you did there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post

What drives you to post these strange threads?

just think about it..
    before there were humans we had dinosaurs living on earth.
    meaning there was no intelligent life here.
    it was just a planet with animals on it eating killing each other.
    GIANT animals i might add.

imagine if we ever found a planet like that now?

i personally believe we will capture as many animals as possible and study them..
    we would slowly build bases on that planet and bring our weapons over there to protect those bases.
    after learning about them we would probably start trying to eat them.
    what else do you guys think we would do
    What we always do, exploit. It is our nature. On a scientific level it would be enormous. It would throw out the window a lot of theory on our origins. Assuming we are talking about animals that are the exact same as dinosaurs here it would imply that there was less random chance in evolution.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post

What drives you to post these strange threads?
    NO DINO RIDERS TILL I CAN BE PARTLY METAL AND PARTLY REAL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzAQu23t19A
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post

Jurassic Park is not a good basis for learning about dinosaurs.
    We know very little about their behavior and intelligence levels. We can find out brain size and so on, but that really doesn't say much. A crow is a very clever, intellignet bird, but it's brain is hardly large.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there just a really crap show made basically using the entire OP as a plot ???

hahah yeah that would be crazy..
    everybody thinks of aliens in ufos as some sort of human shaped creature with big eyes big head..
    but what if those in the ufo were actually giant dinosaurs in gigantic spaceships..
    i sure hope that happens in my life time..
    There is a Star Trek: Voyager episode that says Dinosaurs were the first species on earth to evolve and that they did not go extinct but instead built space ships and left earth.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange post it View Post
    Wasn't there just a really crap show made basically using the entire OP as a plot ???
    Terra Nova? kinda I guess. that was more about time travel than another planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I found a planet with dinosaurs on it, I'd take a lesson from Starship Troopers and throw a meteor at that planet, get evolution running

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Terra Nova? kinda I guess. that was more about time travel than another planet.
    Yeah good point i forgot about the travel, Still pretty similar.

we would build a park and make money off of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    NO DINO RIDERS TILL I CAN BE PARTLY METAL AND PARTLY REAL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzAQu23t19A
    Now you have me watching cartoon intro's again!

I just love the Bumbibears intro. In swedish ofcourse. But let's not derail things! x)

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 02:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    There is a Star Trek: Voyager episode that says Dinosaurs were the first species on earth to evolve and that they did not go extinct but instead built space ships and left earth.
    Seriously...? Could you find out which episode that is, I need to see it.