Stumbled across a site selling legit Borderlands 2 for 45% off.

In quite a good mood cause of a lucky find. Greenmangaming.com has Borderlands 2 at 20% off and if you use this promo key at checkout (Taken from their twitter) GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G you get another 25% off.

I dont get anything out of this, not any kind of referal thing, just wanted to share a really good deal with folks.
    oh and they sell steam keys not physical copies and it includes all the pre-order bonus stuff.

Thank you, this is an awesome deal to get BL2 for $36, just be warned that you may run into issues authenticating the payment. I've yet to be able to do it, and my bank's call center is closed. Tried Visa, Paypal, and Mastercard, all denied. When I finally get in touch with the bank, I'll happily take the 36 dollar deal.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    hmmmm site is cool i just click checkout but nothing happens.

edit: oh i didnt activate my account... lol stupid me

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    Thank you, this is an awesome deal to get BL2 for $36, just be warned that you may run into issues authenticating the payment. I've yet to be able to do it, and my bank's call center is closed. Tried Visa, Paypal, and Mastercard, all denied. When I finally get in touch with the bank, I'll happily take the 36 dollar deal.
    Really? it was all quick and clean for me (Aside from 5 min of me clicking checkout because i was too derp to notice the words telling me to verify my email address) I use verified by Visa and that activated on my purchase which it only does for new services i haven't used before.

Just happy to help folks. I'm quite good at finding good deals on things and I enjoy sharing the info.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah this website is legit, kinda happy lol just bought some dlcs for saints row

This is indeed legit. It also hurts both Valve and the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    This is indeed legit. It also hurts both Valve and the developers.
    Actually it only hurts Valve in the fact that i didnt buy it from them. The game is also sold in retail for the PC but requires Steam activation which Valve also doesn't get the sale from.

Developers generally get payed by selling Key Licenses to Distributors, which the Distributors then sell in turn for a profit. Some times in limited number (Like GW2 which ran out of Digital Distribution keys quite quickly on alot of sites) or they can have deals with companies like Valve which use a different form of product authorization where the developer/publisher receives a portion of the sales.

In short. 2kgames and gearbox received the same amount of money they would have got if i bought from that site for the full price. the ones taking a cut was greenmangaming, but like Valve has proven time and time again more people will buy something if it's cheaper. I for one was iffy on if i wanted the game at all and having that 20% off without the code would have probably got me to buy it.

Just bought a copy of borderlands 2 for $36 thanks alot for letting us know about this.

Quote Originally Posted by jwtelesio View Post
    Actually it only hurts Valve in the fact that i didnt buy it from them. The game is also sold in retail for the PC but requires Steam activation which Valve also doesn't get the sale from.

Developers generally get payed by selling Key Licenses to Distributors, which the Distributors then sell in turn for a profit. Some times in limited number (Like GW2 which ran out of Digital Distribution keys quite quickly on alot of sites) or they can have deals with companies like Valve which use a different form of product authorization where the developer/publisher receives a portion of the sales.

In short. 2kgames and gearbox received the same amount of money they would have got if i bought from that site for the full price. the ones taking a cut was greenmangaming, but like Valve has proven time and time again more people will buy something if it's cheaper. I for one was iffy on if i wanted the game at all and having that 20% off without the code would have probably got me to buy it.
    Not really, no. These codes come from nations with a much lower price point than the western world - usually retail copies, no less. They're not meant for consumers in "richer" countries. The cut for both Gearbox and Valve is much smaller than it would be if you'd bought it from a local retailer.

Deleted
    Not really, no. These codes come from nations with a much lower price point than the western world - usually retail copies, no less. They're not meant for consumers in "richer" countries. The cut for both Gearbox and Valve is much smaller than it would be if you'd bought it from a local retailer.
    Wow, way to watch something and not understand it atall.
    It's usually full price, they're having a 20% off atm (Steam had this during the summer sales too).
    The 25% extra off is a promo code, from twitter, not some "COME BUY HERE CHEAP GAEMZ" tactic.
    And valve gets NOTHING from a local retailer or here.

Want an example of what you're saying? (Minus the valve thing) Try here
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2012-09-14 at 07:24 AM.

yeah, nations with much lower price point, like the UK!
    wait what

This isn't how 3rd-party sales work. Every key the GMG has they have already bought from Gearbox, so if anyone is taking the hit, it's GMG.

GMG does promos like this all the time to increase their site awareness. It's a great place to get keys when there aren't any Steam sales.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    i heard that some certain dodgy sites did something like this in the past where they take cheap keys in poor easten areas such as romania and ukraine etc and sell it high in developed countries, but that's not the case here i think.

(i do not mean to insult romania or ukraine and i might not be informed about the living conditions there so i'm deeply sorry if i'm wrong.)

Tag for later use

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah this site has been very helpful i appreciate it.

Deleted
    GMG is a official reseller and it doesn't hurt anyone, kids. /facepalm

love GMG haven't payed full price for a pre-order in awhile. not sure how they do it, not sure i care lol.

Deleted
    Would it really be that hard to inform yourself on the living condition in Romania? The games aren't cheaper in Romania, however they are in Ukraine and Russia. And yes, you insulted me very much with your ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Want an example of what you're saying? (Minus the valve thing) Try here
    Is this site any good?