10+ Year Old Account

Primal Elementalist as a Resto Shaman

If i am not mistaken the primary benefit to Resto Shaman of the Primal Elementalist talent is that both the Primal Fire and Primal Earth elementals have spells that can be channeled to increase the shaman's healing: Empower and Reinforce respectively.

is that how they are generally supposed to be used as a Resto Shaman, if we don't want to use Unleashed Fury or Elemental Blast?

Since i don't have access to beta, can someone explain a protocol for using these elementals as healing cooldowns?
    I assume you could make a couple of two-press macros like:

/cast [nopet:Primal Fire Elemental] Primal Fire Elemental Totem; Empower

and:
    /cast [nopet:Primal Earth Elemental] Primal Earth Elemental Totem; Reinforce

Do Empower and Reinforce last until cancelled or do you have to keep re-commanding the pet to continue channeling? Is there another healing-specific use for the Primal Elementals other than obvious Dps cooldown and emergency tank application?
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-09-14 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    If i am not mistaken the primary benefit to Resto Shaman of the Primal Elementalist talent is that both the Primal Fire and Primal Earth elementals have spells that can be channeled to increase the shaman's healing: Empower and Reinforce respectively.

is that how they are generally supposed to be used as a Resto Shaman, if we don't want to use Unleashed Fury or Elemental Blast?

Since i don't have access to beta, can someone explain a protocol for using these elementals as healing cooldowns?
    I assume you could make a couple of two-press macros like:

/cast [nopet:Primal Fire Elemental] Primal Fire Elemental Totem; Empower

and:
    /cast [nopet:Primal Earth Elemental] Primal Earth Elemental Totem; Reinforce

Do Empower and Reinforce last until cancelled or do you have to keep re-commanding the pet to continue channeling? Is there another healing-specific use for the Primal Elementals other than obvious Dps cooldown and emergency tank application?
    Those macros should work fine, but I have not tested them. Empower and Reinforce last until canceled so you can just click the macro and let them go unless you want to make use of their other bonuses (the Fire Ele's dps or the Earth Ele's tanking).
    \