10+ Year Old Account

Guild Wars 2 quick info please

Hello everyone, was planning getting this game soon, anyways just have a few question. What's the download size of the game, how long did it take for you? And do you think my laptop can run it? It currently can run WoW:Cataclysm on Ultra Graphics. It's 2-3 years old. Dell, don't wanna talk bout no parts unless it's seriously needed.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    laptop running cata on ultra graphics...no fucking problem...download size about 15gig+...time depends on download speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    laptop running cata on ultra graphics...no fucking problem...download size about 15gig+...time depends on download speed.
    Umm maybe not, that's to vague to tell. Not to mention some PCs may run game A great but be unplayable for game B while other PCs may run game B great and have game A be unplayable... to many driver and configuration setups that can break a game from playing.

As for the question now, download is about 16GB, as for time it took to download I don't know because I was using the beta client so didn't have to download the full game at any time, plus download time will depend on your local internet, for some people 16GB would take an hour and for other people it would take 40 hours.

And as for if the computer could handle it, can not tell by just "It handles WoW on ultra", but one thing to note that video drivers are a big must to update to play for many cards, as in with old drivers it was running on my machine at about 20FPS while after updating drivers it now runs between 70-90FPS. But you would need to give atleast generic specs to answer that but on their page they have a minimum and suggested requirements to run the game, I don't suggest playing if all your parts are minimum requirements though if one or two are should be fine.
    Last edited by Hockeyhacker; 2012-09-14 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a performance thread already and a thread about the download size on the front page. Please check those.