Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie123ABC View Post
    Well seeing as she has forgiven them, I don't think anyone has any business "punishing" anyone...
    As they will be burgling other people I don't see how this 1 womans forgiveness has any relevance to the enforcement of the law. I doubt this lady was the 1st person they burgled either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matiasve View Post
    My question:
    You are a judge and the man who called the emergency number stands before you. He was prosecuted by the government not by the old woman.
    What kind of punishment do you give him ... assuming youre the one to decide.
    The most lenient one possible. Community service, if applicable.

I read the topic of this thread thinking part of my faith in humanity was restored, I come in and read some replies on the first page, and it has vanished once more. It's a justice system, not a punishment system.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Some crimes can't be taken back. Should we allow everyone to escape the consequences of their actions if they're able to "take back" the crime they committed?
    If by 'taking back their crime' you mean 'saving someone's life', then, yeah.

Honestly, I don't even understand why someone would ask that question.
    Last edited by Lightfist; 2012-09-16 at 06:12 PM.

Deleted
    Well, he still broke into someones house and stole stuff.
    Obviously he should be prosecuted and given the same jailtime as any burglar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, this story is simply a look into human motives! I mean, c'mon. Yeah, stealing is wrong. And I'm not defending the robbery. But the guy saved the woman's life. But he took the ring. But he said he was in deep shit. Was his deep shit user created? Or was the world stacked against him to the point where his family would starve without help...?

---------- Post added 2012-09-17 at 06:25 AM ----------

Also, as a side car / devil's advocate I want each and every person in here who is saying " a crime is a crime, off with his hand, etc", to really think about this statement:

Do you obtain music, movies and video games without paying for them?