Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    A rule that's usually pretty good: A girl can be friends with a guy, but a guy can't JUST be friends with a girl.
    I find this to be BS. That is just from my experience, there are no rules to any of this every person is different.

A rule that's usually pretty good: A girl can be friends with a guy, but a guy can't JUST be friends with a girl.
    This rule's pretty good, provided that you're not older than ~19.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This rule's pretty good, provided that you're not older than ~19.
    That rule is pretty accurate as long as you're not: Homosexual, In a relationship or older than 60.
    A single heterosexual guy in his 20's-30's who is friends with a girl, possibly very attractive girl and not having a dirty thought or plans? really?
    It's not something to live by, but it's good to keep in mind if your lady friend find a new guy friend, who of course just wants to be friends.

This is how OP found his potential lady and how I found a few of my former girl friends and how I lost a few of them.
    It's not just immature blabbering.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-09-17 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a few female friends whom I've known for years, although they have never gone beyond that (them never wanting to be more than friends) means I'm a little more cautious - I've been burned too many times.

On topic through you really have nothing to lose, go ahead and ask her.

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflemonster View Post
    I find this to be BS. That is just from my experience, there are no rules to any of this every person is different.
    The rule should really be, A girl can be friends with a guy, a guy can be friends with a fat/ugly girl, but a guy can never be just friends with an attractive girl(unless they are gay)
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2012-09-17 at 03:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah the rule is " a girl can have guy friends, a guy can only have girl friends if he isn't expecting anything from them."

I have some girl friends who are attractive, but them being in a couple rules them out of my list, so they will remain friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    I would NOT talk to the guy.

The reasoning behind this? The girl will respect you more if you just go up to her and talk with her.

Really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    That rule is pretty accurate as long as you're not: Homosexual, In a relationship or older than 60.
    A single heterosexual guy in his 20's-30's who is friends with a girl, possibly very attractive girl and not having a dirty thought or plans? really?
    I think the main point is that the occasional lustful thought doesn't need to trump a friendship. Humans are sexual creatures for the most part, save for maybe asexuals, so it's going to be a factor sometimes. It's all about maturity and knowing how to process the thoughts when they do happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarissaxoxo View Post
    Man up and talk to the other guy.
    This. Talk to him, or her. You're speculating right now, get some answers, it'll make your next step that much easier.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't listen to these people! Lash out and attack the guy to establish dominance and show your feelings at the same time.

Seriously though... Have to agree with everyone else, talking works best.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

If a person of one gender is in contact with another person of appropriate gender for their sexuality for an extended period of time, sexual attraction will naturally decline for both parties if no sexual action is taken. This is more pronounced during childhood and tapers off towards adulthood; it's an in-built anti-incest defense mechanism that can sometimes give false positives and false negatives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    I would NOT talk to the guy.

The reasoning behind this? The girl will respect you more if you just go up to her and talk with her.

Really.
    Yea, and if he is interested in her he wont give you any good advice.
    If he's interested he will most likely try to screw things up for you.
    Just go and talk to the girl.

Just ask. Seriously, ask. The longer you spend procrastinating the more you wind up in Friend Zone. Women like it when you're bold anyway (bold, not pushy).

Maybe this guy is some other poor suitor who took too long and wound up banished to Friend Zone for all eternity!

---------- Post added 2012-09-17 at 06:10 AM ----------

Irrelevant if you get in before he does!