Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Just passed $900,000
    Trending toward $14,700,000 atm (will reach nowhere near that, but funny to see)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully is good, sick of the drivel being produced by most companies these days.

Tactical real-time with pause system? Avoid like the plague. Maybe that's just me, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    That logo seems like an Elder Scrolls lawsuit waiting to happen.
    Bethesda does not own Ouroboros/Jormungand/World Serpent/etc, so, nope no lawsuits can occur. Unless you're referring to something else? :P

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

OMFG, the best (last ?) RPG maker in the world doing old-school stuff ?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY !

Avellone earned a life rent by making Torment anyway.

You know what, even if it's not in Sigil, to which I would donate even higher, this project is one philosophical stand I'm willing to support. Just have to register at amazon... damn it, I hate to register....

They are definitely going to meet this goal. Wow, yesterday evening I looked and it was at 500k and now it's almost there. I love all of you people who backed this. <3 A lot of people say that games like these aren't a viable option for today's current market, but I do believe that the amount of people backing this are going to prove that dead wrong.

Wow they are almost up to a million already...I'll have to try and follow the development of this game I guess.

Deleted
    I'd like to see the stretch goals.

And some more info on the universe.

Aargh so tempted to put 1k in it to get my name ingame... but I like my money so much

anybody else having goose bumps from the music of that video? it would have to be jeremy soule. I really hope they´re willing to pay him to compose the soundtrack. just a small reminder who that guy is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3f9MOr_7wg
    and
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW5r1QWMF9Q

Deleted
    Yes the trailer music is immensely brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Cool.

But I expect the game to be unplayable at release, as Obsidian titles usually are.

I'm afraid you can't copyright a font. Well, unless you're Apple...
    You can't blame the Gamebryo engine's garbage coding on Obsidian. BethSoft hasn't done any better with that engine; hell, I experienced a LOT less CTDs in New Vegas than I ever did in FO3, and I modded NV a lot more.

At any rate, already gave them my $35. All of their titles that I've played have had spectacular music, I doubt this one will disappoint.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    You can't blame the Gamebryo engine's garbage coding on Obsidian. BethSoft hasn't done any better with that engine; hell, I experienced a LOT less CTDs in New Vegas than I ever did in FO3, and I modded NV a lot more.

At any rate, already gave them my $35. All of their titles that I've played have had spectacular music, I doubt this one will disappoint.
    nah, its not just NV, its been the same with Fallout 1&2, KotOR2, NWN2 (for some reason I cant remember Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale series, maybe there were infact not buggy?), anyways, those are some of the best games Ive ever played, so even if some of the bugs were quite severe, Id much rather have another of their brilliant games (and they do seem to be pretty ambitious and motivated) than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    nah, its not just NV, its been the same with Fallout 1&2, KotOR2, NWN2 (for some reason I cant remember Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale series, maybe there were infact not buggy?), anyways, those are some of the best games Ive ever played, so even if some of the bugs were quite severe, Id much rather have another of their brilliant games (and they do seem to be pretty ambitious and motivated) than not.
    The reason for most of that is Obsidian has never been very profitable and has had to depends on scraps other companies have thrown them, even with the quality games they put out. All expect Fallouts you mentioned games they were "sub-contracted" to do for someone else and given way too tight timelines to do so. Read about eg. KotOR 2 somewhere, they were given just over a year to do a full game and Obsidian knew it wasn't ready but Lucasarts forced a holiday release. This game will be pretty the first ever they will have full control over.

Anyway the real reason I came to check this thread was to point out that if you pledge 20 dollars now you will get the game when it launches, HOWEVER that offer is limited to 25000 first pledges and there are only about 6k spots left. At the current speed all of those spots will be gone within 12 hours max so if you want to get this game for cheap better hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    Anyway the real reason I came to check this thread was to point out that if you pledge 20 dollars now you will get the game when it launches, HOWEVER that offer is limited to 25000 first pledges and there are only about 6k spots left. At the current speed all of those spots will be gone within 12 hours max so if you want to get this game for cheap better hurry.
    You reckon a game that has to be funded by kickstarter will ever retail for AAA prices?

I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another broken, unfinished game cometh.

Quote Originally Posted by Festisio View Post
    You reckon a game that has to be funded by kickstarter will ever retail for AAA prices?

I doubt it.
    Please do point out where I said that? The digital version will cost 25 dollars on release. AFAIK 25 > 20.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    That logo seems like an Elder Scrolls lawsuit waiting to happen.
    My first thought was "That's almost the same as the TESO logo, but I think they're both owned by Zenimax.

I wish I had more money to give them, I loved Kotor II.