Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is your favorite Battle Ground?

Mine personally is the isle of conquest.

It is awesome because you can wreck members of the opposite faction and rack up tons of honor kills. One time, our whole alliance team just stayed in our keep, let the horde knock down our walls, and we defended our leader for about an hour before our team finally broke through their gates and we ended up winning by having our team kill theirs. Was epic.

Also whats not to like about parachuting in to the enemy keep, using bombs, blowing stuff up with tanks, catapults, war glaives, flag captures. So much to do in that battleground.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2012-09-14 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Isle of Conquest

Deleted
    IoC is the worst bg for me. It is now on my blacklist alongside SotA. My two favourites are by far WSG and AB. I can't pick one.

When your gate falls first, defending the boss is usually a 90% win! Nevertheless, Arathi Basin stays my all time favorite. (Why not add a poll?).

WSG/TP are the best BGs. Fast paced, simple objective that keeps the combat going because the objective is always around people (usually).

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them all as long as I win lol..

AV just so full of win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    AV just so full of win
    Too boring. It's changed and all we do is just rush to the end, knock out a tower or two, and kill the boss

Arathi Basin. Most intense if both sides play well. All other battlegrounds pale in comparison.
    ----------------------------------
    Aorus Xtreme
    5950x
    k|ngp|n 3090
    128g Ballistix
    33 fans

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Too boring. It's changed and all we do is just rush to the end, knock out a tower or two, and kill the boss
    The trick is not be part of that, I always go for recaps...I also enjoy camping and messing around with defenders in towers. so thats a good bg to do that

10+ Year Old Account
    Twin Peaks atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    The trick is not be part of that, I always go for recaps...I also enjoy camping and messing around with defenders in towers. so thats a good bg to do that
    I do that, now, now that I understand that you can, but in the end I still end up spending half my time waiting for the 35 other people who went to the end to kill him

10+ Year Old Account
    Arathi basin closely followed by eots. Wsg can be good aswell, but only if the teams are even.

depends on how the game goes...av/ioc can be amazing, or it can be totally fucking pointless with no pvp.

wsg meh dont like it its small im ele shaman...melee can get me easily and faceroll me into the dirt

AB love it thunderstorm ho! plenty of bases and room

EoTS its ok

SoTA again can be good if 2 matched teams otherwise its generally a farm/zerg to win.

TP little better than wsg feels more open.

10+ Year Old Account
    I abhor IoC.......

Love WG. Small map, simple objective, small teams.
    Look! Words!

God so hard.. after 7 years.. WSG is prob still my favorite overall..

I HATE IoC with a burning passion.. >.>

Deleted
    BFG.

I often play it with a friend, it's a really nice adaptation of AB where 2 people can really make a difference, nothing is more entertaining than me and him riding around the alliance forces, taking and holding LH in the face of the enemy team for long enough to get a perfection. It by no means happens every time, but we have a damn good win ratio with it - 2 people working well together can really make a difference.

AB or Gilneas, Kotmogu in MoP is very fun too.

Deleted
    Twin peaks wsg and EoS.

It depends a lot, since I'd rather do EoS if my pug fails, and twin peaks if I'm playing with friends.
    Any bg becomes 10x better if you're playing with friends and not facing a pre-made ^^

Arathi Basin: perfect size (15m) with a small logical map that makes it easy to pick smart fights and gives you a very good awareness of the whole BG. The more you win the faster you win, the more you lose the faster it is over. Being able to knock people off from LM never gets old, and the amazing weather (storm) that sometimes occurs along with the lush and watery environment that looks great on ultra, makes it my fave BG.

WSG/TP: I like the least because A. as a healer you are easily focused by a decent group and B. whether you lose or win, most games tend to drag out to GY camping, and I don't like wasting time like that. Especially when you start out with 4 bots and you immediately know it is faster to leave and wait out the 15minute penalty than it is to endure 20 minutes of wasting time watching your team being farmed at the GY.