Exclamation I look at the world and see laziness

I am American myself but when I look at my population all I see is fat people to lazy to exercise, welfare moms to lazy to work, dead beat dads that would rather smoke drugs all day than work/support their family, I see people in college that bitch and moan because they got a bad grade, I see everyone trying to cheat or shortcut their way to the top.

Very few are actually willing to just grind out a lot of hard work it seems. Everyone wants the quick and easy path, but that just doesn't exist. People often think I am smart because I do well in college and most jobs I have ever had but really I am just not lazy, that's it!

I just don't understand the bulk majority of society in the USA. Seems like I am the only one that says to myself "piss of the easy stuff" I usually try to make things harder on myself even if there is a easy way to do it. Why? Because it makes me stronger.
    Last edited by Casualsareaplague; 2012-09-14 at 11:44 PM.

everything is the same in cycle, Rinse and repeat etc till you die.

Deleted
    I can't speak for the whole of my country, but that seems to be the same in England.
    Not EVERYWHERE, there are so many people working for crumbs, but I understand that about Uni.
    There are so many people who treat it as a right, and end up failing.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    look another pro america thread
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    Yes, yes, everyone is lazy, you work hard, nobody was saying this about 3000 years ago, yes, yes, this is new and refreshing and interesting.

im guessing OP is a moral values conservative

Look at his username... nice flamebait sir.

bullshit, taking the rough road while the easy is road is more efficient and less time consuming is really idiotic to my eyes, Stop with novelty/movies type bullshit. I'd rather spend time with friends, play games with my little brother or work on my car than lefting wieghts for an 1 hour in a gym.

Deleted
    didnt your country win the most medals at the olympics this year ?
    how exactly are you looking at your population and getting to the conclusion that they are fat and lazy
    all countries have social outsiders
    but yeah if you think the hard way is better than the easy way i got bad news for you
    at the end of the day your boss or w/e wont care how you did the job as long as you have done it

edit: reminded me of this http://media.techeblog.com/images/bill_gates_quote.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc27b118cff9; 2012-09-14 at 11:55 PM.

It's remarkably common because it's the easy way. Challenge builds character, but most people aren't in this to build character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Nature is lazy.. why do you think birds fly in a V pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by Casualsareaplague View Post
    I just don't understand the bulk majority of society in the USA. Seems like I am the only one that says to myself "piss of the easy stuff" I usually try to make things harder on myself even if there is a easy way to do it. Why? Because it makes me stronger.
    This doesn't make you stronger, it makes you inefficient, and a therefore a burden. Hard work absent of intelligence is wasted time and resources.

Quote Originally Posted by flowa View Post
    didnt your country win the most medals at the olympics this year ?
    how exactly are you looking at your population and getting to the conclusion that they are fat and lazy
    all countries have social outsiders
    but yeah if you think the hard way is better than the easy way i got bad news for you
    at the end of the day your boss or w/e wont care how you did the job as long as you have done it

edit: reminded me of this
    No, I work hard and I succeed. I haven't had a job when my boss told me I was going to slow or not putting out enough. I always pull my share if not more. I am in college now and I am pursuing a mechanical engineer degree. It's a tough degree not many people choose it because math is hard. Instead I see so many slackers pursuing something like a liberal arts or child development just for the simple fact it's easy. It kinda disgusts me.
    Last edited by Casualsareaplague; 2012-09-15 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either do something about it or STFU, complaining does nothing and just looks bad on you.

Deleted
    I agree with you OP. It happens everywhere tho. Sometimes I get lazy too and it always ends bad.

Posted from the comfort of your chair at your mom's house on an MMO forum. Do you people NOT see the irony here?

Quit worrying about the world and do something with YOUR life.

Quote Originally Posted by Casualsareaplague View Post
    I am American myself but when I look at my population all I see is fat people to lazy to exercise, welfare moms to lazy to work, dead beat dads that would rather smoke drugs all day than work/support their family, I see people in college that bitch and moan because they got a bad grade, I see everyone trying to cheat or shortcut their way to the top.

Very few are actually willing to just grind out a lot of hard work it seems. Everyone wants the quick and easy path, but that just doesn't exist. People often think I am smart because I do well in college and most jobs I have ever had but really I am just not lazy, that's it!

Saying that someone is lazy because they are fat is called ignorance. I am fat yet I work 60-80 hours a week as a network admin. I would rather spend what little time I have at home with my family and not at the gym. That is my choice. I work hard and pull my own weight in society. I pay taxes like everyone else and I pay for my own health insurance. But... by your example above, if you were to see me at the store, you would be saying, "Look at that fat, lazy, worthless bastard", yet you know nothing about me or what I do/don't do on a day to day basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this is a ban evade account, I'm going to close it.