View Poll Results: Who is the best/favorite of the old gods for you?

Voters
56. This poll is closed
  • C'thun god of chaos

8 14.29%
  • N'zoth the corruptor

10 17.86%
  • Yogg-Saron the lucid dream

25 44.64%
  • Y'Shaarj the one with seven heads

13 23.21%

Which old god is your favorite?

Let us see who wins. I see alot of fanboyism and this debate needs to be settled.

Mine is Y'Shaarj. He is everywhere in MoP. Also in the world. The other old gods are just.. raidbosses.

Y'shaarj is the only interesting old god. It helps he's dead so he's just a mysterious background figure for your imagination to do the heavy lifting, whereas the other old gods we saw ingame are bland and boring. Also cool lore with him being dead but cursing the land and creating the amorphous, gooey Sha we see today. Also his description of having seven heads is more interesting to imagine than the other boring old god designs.

Honorable mention goes to G'huun with his creepy giant slug design and his animations of sliming across the floor towards you to eat you with his lamprey mouth.

N'Zoth. He is the smartest and best-written villain in all of World of Warcraft and the only reason why I rank the first half of BfA very highly, despite Sylvanas and the Horde doing their best to drag it down with their genocidal nonsense.

This is how you write a well-written villain, Bravo to the Lore team that worked on the Old God plotline of Legion/BfA. This is how you do it:

N'Zoth is what the Jailer WISHES that he was. A mastermind villain that was actually set-up years in advance.

Of course, this is also why I hate 8.3 vehemently. With Sylvanas and Saurfang hogging all the spotlight in cinematics, N'Zoth was left with so little, and he ultimately went down with a whimper. A sad and pitiful ending to WoW's best-written villain.

Much appreciation for N'Zoth, I do suspect that his essence is currently inside the Blade of the Black Empire and that he will return in the Worldsoul saga, possibly as a potential ally against Xal'atath and Azshara. An "Evil vs. Evil" sort of plotline.

The other Old Gods are cool in terms of design, powers, and voices, but they cannot compare to N'Zoth in terms of relevance for WoW itself.

N'Zoth orchestrated the Cataclysm, the Emerald Nightmare arc of Legion, and half of BfA (again, a shame the other half was garbage with Sylvanas and Sourfang). Still, he is pretty much the overarching villain of a large part of WoW, which is why I vote for him.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2024-02-22 at 09:11 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I go for Yogg Saron since he did arguably the most damage to both the titans and mortal races alike.

I voted for Y'shaarj, his presence widely known and the taint that he left behind would last for generations and the way that the Sha were would forever change Pandaren philosophy.

Yogg Saron is a close second, but you have to really look into the quest texts and lore to understand the damage that he's done and also what Saronite can do to someone and why Death Knights wear it. (They also did him dirty by making him into the B plot while the Lich King practically keeps stealing the show.)

N'zoth, I can see why he's terrifying... but the final patch of BFA really killed whatever hype that he built himself up for and it just feels disappointing. Again, they should've made an expansion dedicated to him and the other Old Gods coming back instead of saying "Oh they're perma-dead."

And C'thun.......Aside from having a very creepy voice, you have to be a long time veteran of the game to truly understand the fear C'thun instills on people.. and even then he's just a giant eyeball. They tried to make him more threatening in the comics.... but then there's Med'an and we don't talk about him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta be Yogg-Saron. All of them are great, but he's in a league of his own. The buildup to Ulduar, Ulduar itself, and that final encounter...

"Madness will consume you! Bow down before the God of Death!"

Still hoping to see him again in Last Titan. Let him be the Old God that manages a true resurrection!

Y'shaaj - the Sha were one of the most original looking enemies - and the cool black and white swirlies they make was a big step up from the effects in cata. The way they play on emotions was cool.

Also helps that Y'shaaj is 'dead' and therefore more mysterious. I hope he returns in some form, but without any generic bad guy dialogue

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    Also helps that Y'shaaj is 'dead' and therefore more mysterious. I hope he returns in some form, but without any generic bad guy dialogue
    And not as just another wasted raid boss. N'Zoth was super disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by ingridguerci94 View Post
    Old God, N’Zoth exists outside of regular reality, outside of the bounds of Life and Death
    So do all the creatures not from the realm of Order.
    MMO Champs :

Even though I started in Wrath it got to be C'thun. He's just so much more creepier. Ahn'Qiraj feels like a horror raid.

Nothing beats Yogg the god of death.

Yogg-Saron. He was building up all throughout Northrend and the final encounter in Ulduar makes it one of the most epic encounters in the game. His design also looks the coolest (though Y'Shaarj doesn't have a WoW model yet, would have liked to fight him in a raid). It also helps that Ulduar is one of the best raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yogg-Saron had the biggest impact on the story of Warcraft. The Curse of Flesh and the Corruption of Loken did more to further the goals of the Void Lords than any other Old God. Plus, his boss fight was just fun as hell.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the lucid dream
    the monster in your nightmares
    the fiend of a thousand faces
    cower before my true form
    BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Y'shaarj is the only interesting old god. It helps he's dead so he's just a mysterious background figure for your imagination to do the heavy lifting, whereas the other old gods we saw ingame are bland and boring. Also cool lore with him being dead but cursing the land and creating the amorphous, gooey Sha we see today. Also his description of having seven heads is more interesting to imagine than the other boring old god designs.
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    (though Y'Shaarj doesn't have a WoW model yet, would have liked to fight him in a raid). It also helps that Ulduar is one of the best raids.
    we already know how y'shraaj officialy looks like since long ago, even if he doesn't have an ingame model

Yogg Saron amd Cthu .. most of the others were just too manifested

15+ Year Old Account
    Y'Shaarj. We don't even get to see him directly, just echoes of what he was through the sha and his heart.

At the peak of the Black Empire he was the most powerful. His design is also the coolest to me, even though it's only appeared in external media.

Personally still hoping one day they reveal that Azeroth's second moon is a titan containment facility imprisoning his husk, still entwined in a chunk of his domain from the era of the Black Empire--the missing piece of Azeroth that was ripped out to create the Well of Eternity.

Would be a good excuse to finally give us the ability to fight him, and a good excuse to create an expansion with zones based on primordial Azeroth and the Black Empire, with species that evolved in isolation.