Page 1 of 2
LastLast

aenonaxx and cross-realm stampede

okey so ive spent a total of month of my life in deepholm right now, using all the time i could and camped this guy about 18/24 per day, using those 6 hours just for sleep. still didnt even spot the drake, tho had some hope but now its all beyond any sanity... deepholm is basically COVERED with people, so far ive counted about 10 different realms on my sight. its just ridiculous, and now theres only ONE rare spawn per all these people? or has this been managed somehow?
    this post is made due to rage ive got, i dont mind being killed by funny mages or priests with slowfall while im hovering and alttabbed FROM MY REALM but today ive got shot down by a guy from german realm while im on typical english one... seriously, its sick.

rare spawn are or will be in the near future be realm specific.

It took me 4 months to even find a corpse, that was long before CRZ.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    If you say you share deepholm with 10 different realms, doesn't it make aeonaxx spawn chance multiply by ten also ??

It would be logical that if you share the zone with others, mobs are sharred too...

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    i hope ur right... because well i can see random guys from other servers hanging over aeonaxx' spawn places (so they aint phased out), but by this what uve written, u mean that still only me will see him if he pops on my realm?

@b0sanac i am aware it might take a while as im not any kind of happy tourist (ex. guildie flew there once 30min before i logged, just do do dailies and became a happy owner of this mofo- stuff which happens only for those who dont care)

If you can see people from another realm you are actually all sharing one server in that current zone. So no there isnt 10x the chance for a spawn, just 10x the chance to miss out.

Blizzard have posted that newer zones such as cata zones are not ment to be CRZ's so hopefully that will be fixed soon.

On another note it took me around 7 months of on/off hardcore camping and several painful near misses before I finally snagged Aeonaxx.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Did a blue comment on this or are you just speculating? It would be pretty hard to isolate rare spawns from a shared zone to individual servers.

So glad I got mine just a week or two before CRZ hit. All I've seen from Blues is fixing the fishing tournaments, nothing about rare spawns being adjusted, although it would be nice if they could/did.

ive been camping aeonaxx for like 8 months now and now with crz its almost impossible to get him considering theirs like 100 people in deepholm..

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel terrible for anyone farming this now. You have added stress from many different realms.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

A Blue post a while ago said that he thought that shouldn't be happening because Deepholm is a newer zone. That's about all he said though.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    A Blue post a while ago said that he thought that shouldn't be happening because Deepholm is a newer zone. That's about all he said though.
    I haven't been able to keep up with all the blue posts lately but the only comment I've seen is about SW and major cities not supposed to be CRZ, nothing about Cata zones. Any chance someone could post a link?

I'm on a low pop realm and the only time I ever saw people in deepholm was during the weekend, or during the evenings. The majority of my time spent in deepholm waiting for this guy I was one of maybe 5 people in the zone, both factions.

You know things like this were always designed to be competitive right? It's not intended for you to be able to farm them all week in a deserted zone.

Yeah I know it kind of sucks, but that's how it's intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Competitive? Yes. Within your own server.

It feels like a bigger loss to have some guy from XYZ realm tagging a rare more so than someone on your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

This never occured to me..... is this why there were half a dozen people suddenly camping camel spawn points in Uldum yesterday? I'll have to go and check when I'm on later. I never see anyone flying, let alone camping.

Deleted
    Should merge some more servers. Zones still feel empty.

All zones are CRZ now except the main cities (SW and org). Initially, none of the MoP zones will be CRZ, but GC said that they will be eventually. Good luck camping for rares with this system.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there are 10 more ppl on your server, then guess what? There must be 10 fewer elsewhere.

There is a blue stating that they increased spawn rates.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno