In the latter scenarios the optimal rotation with SotF is to keep bleeds up on the main target and burn the extra energy from it on aoe (thus making the AoE-based DPE from SotF much higher compared to single-target). FoN receives no added benefit from being used in this situation other than the extra flat dps on your main target (or added utility if you need to root something).
It doesn't really matter though, kind of a pointless subject anyway.
- - - Updated - - -
Does anyone have a comparison between Troll and Worgen in BiS SoO gear?
So on a fight like Galakras. For multi-dotting fight since I still kinda of new to feral. Do we just want to put rake on all target shten thrash or how do we go on about this. Just wondering. I see other Feral druids do crazy damage on multi targeting fights and just wondering how a good way to do it is.
Easy to just focus one of the "main" guys from each pack and swipe/thrash off onto others - put rake/rip on the "main" npc and leave it be (same with being on towers).
So I was doing some Malkorok HC progress yesterday evening. First of all that fight is frigging amazing. So I come here to ask what talents are being used.
1) Feline swiftness is almost useless right? It doesn't add on top your speed post the add slow, right?
2) Ysera's Grasp works how on this fight?
3) I was using DoC for some of the tries, but felt it to be quite irrelevant as my dps was fluctuating so much because of trinkets as the fight has such a short duration. Soaking of zones only adds to the RNG. What were you using?
1.) Any talent will work. If you're worried about getting hit by the smashes, stand on the border between two zones (they are fixed) and strafe towards a safe area. Displacer Beast can be good if you're assigned to soaking orbs in a tricky spot and/or need to do some emergency movement. I'd say Wild Charge is likely the weakest since there's nothing really to charge other than a friendly target.
2.) Assuming you mean Ysera's Gift, and it behaves a little weird depending upon your actual health. If you manage to maintain a deficit health, it should heal you every time. Otherwise, it will start healing other people. My rule of thumb is to pick YG if you personally don't need burst healing... unless you find yourself w/o a bubble often or dying on Rages, YG is likely the most beneficial.
3.) I'm a bear, but if I was forced to go kitty I'd probably go HotW for my raid. It really depends with how you deal with the Rages, and your raid's needs in terms of raid cooldowns. It's an easy way to get initial bubbles up, too, if your raid desires that.
1) Not sure but I would say it's useless regardless. It's basically impossible to get hit by the arcs if you're paying attention, I've had plenty of pulls where I thought I might but never have. I take WC solely for opener DPS, but DB is good if you think you can realistically blink out and catch an implosion.
3) DoC seems like a no-brainer to me, at least in 25m.
1) I use DB just in case a ranged can't get to a puddle in time, I blink out and soak it for them. You can always shift off the add slow
2) Ysera's gift basically just heals you every 5 seconds of the fight, if you are topped off it will heal someone else in the raid who isn't topped. It doesn't trigger if everyone is at full hp though, so it doesn't really add to the shield mechanic here.
3) You should be able to melee still from the melee puddle, so DoC should be fine. Are you 10m?
i got TED Normal last night and i only seem to be able to get a rip up with 15 stacks or so, am i doing anything wrong? should i stay at 4-5cps with everything but trinket up for a while to see if i can get a proc?
Alright lads, So ive started using DoC to try and get used to it, so far id say its ok oj-ish but im unable to sync every DOC buff with Rip, is this normal? or am i being a baddie? also if i cast a rip WITHOUT a doc buff but i get back to 5 combo points with still high duration left on rip, is it correct to over write the old rip with a doc buffed rip? cheers lads take care.
Oh yea side note: somebody said that Hotw is superior on fight with multi target/swaps, is this accurate?
Last edited by Antefex; 2013-10-25 at 04:40 PM.
Thanks for the answers. I'm 10 man btw.
The reason I'm thinking about speed is because we're not focusing the adds and I am assigned to always soak the puddle (because I can powershift and soak; It does get quite tricky sometimes). If feline swiftness is reduced by 80% too, then I'm taking displacer, as I can get from one side of the boss to the other.
Perhaps my tanks have been derping and dragging the boss or I'm just standing too close to the center of puddles, but I wasn't always able to hit the boss.
Anyways thank you.
It's more complicated than that. I can definitively say no that's not the case, but that doesn't mean it has no merit. DoCs value heavily relies upon frequent PS procs, and if you're not getting these often enough it's not going to be better than HotW (Galakras and Spoils are pretty good examples of this).
- - - Updated - - -
Why would you want to TF while sitting at full energy? Would you want to do it after the roar?