Quote Originally Posted by Antefex View Post
    Alright there lads. Could anybody help me out with a typical DOC opener please? to obviously get the most out of the opener. Right now im pre HT>zero combo points SR>then using the 2 charges of DOC on rake and thrash> followed by tiger's fury and berserk> then shred to 5 combo points and rip(which isnt doc ofc).

This seems to work ok-ish for me but it feels clunky,, any advice would be great.

Healing Touch > Prepot > Stealth > TF > SR (to generate 3cp) > Ravage (most likely it'll crit giving you cp and using 1 DoC Charge) > Wait 1 second for both trinket procs > Rip (for maximum rip ticks).

Quote Originally Posted by Nishida View Post
    Healing Touch > Prepot > Stealth > TF > SR (to generate 3cp) > Ravage (most likely it'll crit giving you cp and using 1 DoC Charge) > Wait 1 second for both trinket procs > Rip (for maximum rip ticks).

This is correct, and is an excellent opener. It puts a fully buffed rip onto your target as your 2nd ability used. It is the fastest way to do so. However it presupposes you have the 4 set. Without the 4 set this will not work.

The buffs it will provide include, DoC, Tiger's Fury, Pot, + 2 trinkets procs. This is aside from any other raid wide effects. It is not unusual for me to see 700k+ rip ticks with this opening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    This is correct, and is an excellent opener. It puts a fully buffed rip onto your target as your 2nd ability used. It is the fastest way to do so. However it presupposes you have the 4 set. Without the 4 set this will not work.

The buffs it will provide include, DoC, Tiger's Fury, Pot, + 2 trinkets procs. This is aside from any other raid wide effects. It is not unusual for me to see 700k+ rip ticks with this opening.
    And it wastes 60 energy which could be used while you have all buffs active. And even without that opening you will still get the super fully buffed rip. If you don't have TED this opener is in all cases I have simulated a dps loss over a more standard one.
    Last edited by mmoc12abd0779c; 2013-11-17 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inferior2 View Post
    If you don't have TED this opener is in all cases I have simulated a dps loss over a more standard one.
    Yeah this is the important thing, it's for 4p + Rune + TED, if you don't have these things don't bother. And even if you do it's a pain in the ass.

Here's the "optimal" opener (edit: works with and without 4p, but it's very tight without):

Healing Touch
    SR
    SR (get SR to 15 seconds)
    Pot
    Stealth
    Ravage
    Rake
    Berserk and TF anytime you have less than 40 energy or reach 5 CP
    Shred to 5 CP
    Rip
    Rake
    Shred to 5 CP
    Healing Touch
    Rip
    Rake
    Thrash
    On to normal rotation

And all that needs to be done before your 10s procs wear off. It's possible there's some small tweak to make it better but this should be pretty damn close to optimal regardless.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-11-17 at 09:34 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback lads, some good info here.

aggixx I dont have the 4p yet unfortunately (guard MS) Would the above opener you posted, be optimal, or thereabouts for non-4p? cheers.

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback lads, some good info here.

aggixx I dont have the 4p yet unfortunately (guard MS) Would the above opener you posted, be optimal, or thereabouts for non-4p? cheers.
    I'm rolling with 2 pc t15 and 2 pc t16 atm, and what aggixx posted is pretty much how I do it too. It's very very tight so you need to really practise it. I'm normally applying the Rip with about 1-2 seconds left on RoR. So if the boss moves during the time in the opener, might screw it up. I had the 4pc t15 (40% crit after TF) and it was much easier then to do.

Yeah it's possible to get the 2nd rip off in the 10s window without 4p, I forgot about that, so the opener is still valid but it's very finicky. Like Moosie said if the boss moves or you get parried or maybe even if you get really poor luck with crits you won't be able to make it in time, but that's not the end of the world, then you just SR/FB instead! You'll still have a very strong Rip, just lacking the DoC buff, and that's your best chance of getting it anyway.

gotta love the tanks wiping the raid at 10% on nazgrim http://i.imgur.com/rpk9DXF.png

Feral too stronk

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    gotta love the tanks wiping the raid at 10% on nazgrim http://i.imgur.com/rpk9DXF.png

Feral too stronk
    Sadly, can't pad anymore on that fight - our tank loves resetting the fight because he can't beat people otherwise.

Please rate my QoL idea #5:
    5. Instead of +20% damage shred gains +20% critical chance.

Deleted
    Lads, spamming wrath with Hotw during Blood lust(with a caster weapon ofc), is this much of a dps gain over our regular rotation? or do we just do our normal rotation during Blood lust these days? thanks alot fellers.

Deleted
    Lads, spamming wrath with Hotw during Blood lust(with a caster weapon ofc), is this much of a dps gain over our regular rotation? or do we just do our normal rotation during Blood lust these days? thanks alot fellers.
    It's not a dps gain at this moment for single target. It's insane for AoE though (especially if you have a good caster weapon).
    The only time where I HotW and Wrath this tier is on Ordos because I'd lag out otherwise.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post

Feral too stronk
    That is quite some damage... jesus. I do recall myself doing about 2 mio dps (skada) on the initial adds when you pull nazgrim for the first time though. Meh.. it's a fight I'll probably never rank well on unless we go with like 4 healers (on 10 man).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    Please rate my QoL idea #5:
    5. Instead of +20% damage shred gains +20% critical chance.
    Honestly better to just remove shred and buff mangle slightly. They are so close together it almost seems pointless to have both at this point. Having a positional requirement on a skill is just outdated and pretty sure they said that all "positional skills" where been removed, not sure if they just meant the requirement or the actual skills by that though.

-Position requirement for abilities removed (sub rogues and ferals rejoice), Backstab removed entirely. However, there is still a 3% chance to be parried from the front so min/maxers will WANT to be behind. It just wont ruin your day anymore.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-11-20 at 06:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    3% parry chance in front? them why am i stacking so much exp
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    3% parry chance in front? them why am i stacking so much exp
    Because that's next expansion?

Deleted
    Another question lads. Re guarding Catus. It's telling me that my 502+8 Rune, is better than my 535+8 Timeless trinket and better than my 528+8 Assurance, when paired with my 553+8 mutilate by about 2k deeps. Just wondering its this is accurate? if so, holy fuck that trinket needs a nerf lol. Anyway thanks lads.

Deleted
    Remember to change your reforging for when you test/sim the other trinkets. But yeah it seems possible.

On a similar note I got my HC assurance this week. With that and HC harommn's it is time to let go my 530 (+8) rune.
    Now the question is.. does assurance work properly? A hc double upgraded one tells me that it should increase cooldown recovery rate by 48%. In practice it reduces the cooldown of my Tiger's Fury to 20.3 sec. Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Remember to change your reforging for when you test/sim the other trinkets. But yeah it seems possible.

On a similar note I got my HC assurance this week. With that and HC harommn's it is time to let go my 530 (+8) rune.
    Now the question is.. does assurance work properly? A hc double upgraded one tells me that it should increase cooldown recovery rate by 48%. In practice it reduces the cooldown of my Tiger's Fury to 20.3 sec. Am I missing something here?
    It increases recovery rate, not reduce cooldown... so you probably think it should make Tiger Fury half as long of a cooldown.. about 15 seconds...

I tried to explain it with words rather than math, but it sucked. So I'm editing it... Basically I believe the formula is 100*(1-(1/1.xx)) Where xx is the % it says on your trinket.

So 48% recovery increase is about 33% CD reduction.
    Last edited by The Cat; 2013-11-21 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    It increases recovery rate, not reduce cooldown... so you probably think it should make Tiger Fury half as long of a cooldown.. about 15 seconds...

I tried to explain it with words rather than math, but it sucked. So I'm editing it... Basically I believe the formula is 100*(1-(1/1.xx)) Where xx is the % it says on your trinket.

So 48% recovery increase is about 33% CD reduction.
    I thought that I was probably missing something like that, but I just couldn't / and still can't figure out how it would make a difference. Isn't my cooldown recovery rate 30 sec just like the cooldown? Anyways thanks. I just wanted to know that it was working properly

EDIT: Ah I just figured it out. Cooldown recovery is like..hmm refilling energy. 1 sec less cooldown each 1 second. Boost that by around 50% and you have 1.5 sec less cooldown per second. That's 33%.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2013-11-21 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I thought that I was probably missing something like that, but I just couldn't / and still can't figure out how it would make a difference. Isn't my cooldown recovery rate 30 sec just like the cooldown? Anyways thanks. I just wanted to know that it was working properly
    Easiest way I can think to explain it would be increasing the rate by 100% would double the recovery rate. Which is a 50% CD reduction, it wouldn't make the CD 0. It is poorly worded, but it is working correctly.