Thread: team comp

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question team comp

Is it better to have a below average jungler and solo top, or 2 top and no jungler?

10+ Year Old Account
    solo top/jungler.

Top would outlevel a duo at top.
    Jungler can gank every lane without MIA warnings - Which means they need to invest into wards.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Duo top is pretty useless IMO. Well, put it this way, you can actually beat a duo top, its extremely hard depending on who you are and what they are and skill levels obviously. They will have probably half the cs they would do normally meaning not only are you out levelling them, you are also getting better builds than them at a much higher pace. Plus if you do struggle but you can keep poking them down your jungler can come in and help you get some kills which means you will just dominate a 2v1 lane.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just keep playing / leveling, duo top will soon be a thing of the past for you.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Top = Tank
    Mid = Mage
    Bot = Support + Carry
    Jungler
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Deleted
    I think it's better to have 1 top and 1 jungler instead of 2 top. First because of the farm, second the experience and third, if you don't have a jungler the other team is literally free to push their lane with no repercussions and also might get free farm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    Top = Tank
    Mid = Mage
    Bot = Support + Carry
    Jungler
    Top doesn't need to be a tank, depends on your team comp, because there are a lot of tanky junglers or even supports. I have needed to build similar to a carry before when playing top lane since teams are too tanky and obviously more damage is required.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by samhazza View Post
    Top doesn't need to be a tank, depends on your team comp, because there are a lot of tanky junglers or even supports. I have needed to build similar to a carry before when playing top lane since teams are too tanky and obviously more damage is required.
    Where does katarina fit in with the meta game? Solo top?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid, if anywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mortytherogue View Post
    Is it better to have a below average jungler and solo top, or 2 top and no jungler?
    A below average jungler, for sure. If you said the solo top was below average my answer might change. At starting levels (which I'm presuming is where you're at asking questions like this) people are very bad at 1v2 and you might end up with a complete feeding disaster area up top. If your top can handle 1v2 (basically by not dying) then a jungler adds so much more to the game for your team, even if all he or she does is farm their own jungle for xp/gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The North Remembers View Post
    Where does katarina fit in with the meta game? Solo top?
    Who mentioned Katarina? My avatar?

Deleted
    If your jungler is mediocre, your top is probably mediocre too. A bad top versus 2 champions is highly likely to feed or get seriously underfarmed. So I'd actually pick 2 tops over 2 "meh" seperates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Just keep playing / leveling, duo top will soon be a thing of the past for you.
    ^
    This

The thing is many of the popular solo top champs can 1v2 relatively easy by just playing safe and farming. For example Yorick, Vlad, Irelia, Singed, Gangplank, Lee Sin, Shen. The solo topper gets similiar farm as you or more and gets alot more xp since he/she isn't sharing xp. There's a reason the current meta have 2 solo lanes and a jungler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringadelic View Post
    ^
    This

The thing is many of the popular solo top champs can 1v2 relatively easy by just playing safe and farming. For example Yorick, Vlad, Irelia, Singed, Gangplank, Lee Sin, Shen. The solo topper gets similiar farm as you or more and gets alot more xp since he/she isn't sharing xp. There's a reason the current meta have 2 solo lanes and a jungler.
    You say some champions have it easy, that wont stop some duo lanes being able to CC you and kill you in no time even at the tower. Playing safe and farming is not always the way to go.

Deleted
    You say some champions have it easy, that wont stop some duo lanes being able to CC you and kill you in no time even at the tower. Playing safe and farming is not always the way to go.
    Relatively easy because they can just farm, farm, farm and in worst case hug the tower. In this manner the single person gets higher level faster than his opponents and probably alot more money if he can CS decently. Objectives > Farm > Kills.

Sure, they might CC you under tower and kill you even though you're 1-2 levels higher than them and probably have better items. However you have a jungler, that could just gank the lane when they're pushing for the diving kill, right? And besides that you have jungler that can apply pressure on other lanes, swinging the chances of winning in your teams favor since they have no way to apply pressure besides roaming (which means they lose out on XP and gold). Also the jungler can farm both sides without the fear of dying to an enemy jungler, more money and more xp.

Your team will have higher levels and better items during teamfights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringadelic View Post
    Relatively easy because they can just farm, farm, farm and in worst case hug the tower. In this manner the single person gets higher level faster than his opponents and probably alot more money if he can CS decently. Objectives > Farm > Kills.

Sure, they might CC you under tower and kill you even though you're 1-2 levels higher than them and probably have better items. However you have a jungler, that could just gank the lane when they're pushing for the diving kill, right? And besides that you have jungler that can apply pressure on other lanes, swinging the chances of winning in your teams favor since they have no way to apply pressure besides roaming (which means they lose out on XP and gold). Also the jungler can farm both sides without the fear of dying to an enemy jungler, more money and more xp.

Your team will have higher levels and better items during teamfights.
    I agree with you totally, when the game is being played at decent levels, but people in ELO hell or blind pick people wont ever get it this simple.

Deleted
    I agree with you totally, when the game is being played at decent levels, but people in ELO hell or blind pick people wont ever get it this simple.
    Normals are normals and blind pick is what it is.
    What do people define as elo hell? Some specific elo range? I've always thought elo hell exists for everyone as a mental barrier or skill barrier, aside from the occasional trolls, regardless of elo division. Diamond/Plat/Gold elo players have repeatedly created "smurfs" and dragged themself down to under 1k elo, even as far as 200 and still managed to carry their elo to one of the 3 higher divisions.

Deleted
    Who mentioned Katarina? My avatar?
    No one, I've recently bought her, and wondered if she even fits in the meta game seeing as the mids are all AP ranged.

Deleted
    No one, I've recently bought her, and wondered if she even fits in the meta game seeing as the mids are all AP ranged.
    Oh, I would say she would fit in the meta, but only for certain team comps, not just random picks. Take a Jarvan jungle for example, that would go well especially for late game team fights.

Deleted
    So is Gragas, Mordekaiser, Sion, Rumble and all AP assassins. Some of them have ranged poke but they're all melee.