Potential problem with crossfaction

Argh rage...

I was in the middle of a zone event in ember isle (god I love my new server, SO many people participating!), and while defending a bazaar I suddenly got flagged for pvp. This happened because some idiot turned on his flag in the middle of an AoE pack. Now the annoying part is that when I got flagged from hitting him accidentally, I got instantly kicked out of my raid group, and killed from the few flagged guardians around. So out of group with a 5 min pvp flag on, so annoying...

Should Trion look at a fix for this? I think there is a little too big potential for griefing that they can just ignore it. Just had to get it off my chest while I wait for my pvp flagg to go away :P
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trlz View Post
    Argh rage...

I was in the middle of a zone event in ember isle (god I love my new server, SO many people participating!), and while defending a bazaar I suddenly got flagged for pvp. This happened because some idiot turned on his flag in the middle of an AoE pack. Now the annoying part is that when I got flagged from hitting him accidentally, I got instantly kicked out of my raid group, and killed from the few flagged guardians around. So out of group with a 5 min pvp flag on, so annoying...

Should Trion look at a fix for this? I think there is a little too big potential for griefing that they can just ignore it. Just had to get it off my chest while I wait for my pvp flagg to go away :P

I'd turn off your auto-flag option off for starters. Other then that there is supposed to be a warning when you're in raid or party with the opposite faction and you type say /pvp to flag you are supposed to get a warning about being tossed from the group/raid auto flag pvp might be an instant kick like what happened to you. (I've not actually tested this out) Turning auto flag off it prevent what happened too you.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-09-16 at 10:16 PM.

In prev patches, my outbound AoE hasn't been able to hit PvP flagged characters on the opposing faction, even with default settings. I have accidentally flagged myself while tab targeting - but this seems to require a ST spell cast on a PvP flagged toon directly.

That said, I only remember using non-targeted AoE in these cases (I'd count both Soul Drain and Circle of Oblivion as "non-targeted", but Bound Fate as "targeted").

I'll prolly want to experiment with this next time I log on. I think Azuri has it right tho - "auto-flag" to "off" should prevent this from happening at all. However, it should only be ST spells on PvP flagged toons that flags you - at least in my experience prior to this patch. If it's acting differently, I'd expect a fix at some point.

I don't know really, I double checked afterwards, and it was set to default (not "always on"). Same thing happened in the IA we had with the devs on Icewatch last night.
    It could of course be a single target attack sneaking it's way in during the spam, and it's not like I'm paying that much attention to my current target during AoE spammfests.
    But seems kinda off that this happens twice when my pvp flag is set to default. So annoying to be kicked out of my groups :/
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

The problem with the cross faction thing is they did stuff like combine the Instant Adventures, so Defiants goto Gloamwood. Well this idea works until you realize there are guards everywhere who hate Defiants.

So it is either kill the guard or be killed. Good idea to combine the IA's, but they seriously missed some stuff. Then somebody decided that "complete the zone event" was a good quest for IA.

Well that works until you realize Gloamwood is pretty damn big and you cannot use Porticulums and to get to the areas you need to get to finish the zone event you either have to run wayyyyyy the hell around through mobs or run through a city hostile to you.

Every single lowbie area needs to be reworked so that the factions are friendly and not hostile or they had might as well remove cross faction IA

I thought guards in gloamwood were neutral. At least they were when I took a Defiant there to jump off the big tree a long time ago.