Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    First, I'm sorry, but yes. Tough luck.
    Second, that's not what he said. You're twisting his words. He doesn't wish for you to have a problem with dodge, he just agrees with me that the game is not responsible for your lag.
    Get out mate...honestly. I'm Australian and get around 200-230ms latency at best on those servers. You can't sit there and say "it's your fault", because that's total BS, how about we get a data centre set up over here and you won't have a reason to QQ? There's an idea

As for the OP, I love this company's attitude towards game difficulty, I reckon they've done a great job so far and hope they continue to do so.
    A Random Australian for 18 years and counting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Given that it was over 6 years ago that they were together, as your attorney I advise you to tap that ass like a keg.
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    We don't see those types of items much anymore. Its mainly +400 stam + 300 str +120 crit rating. Not +20 stamina chance on hit to apply elder's special bad touch to target if target is under the age of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomAustralian View Post
    Get out mate...honestly. I'm Australian and get around 200-230ms latency at best on those servers. You can't sit there and say "it's your fault", because that's total BS, how about we get a data centre set up over here and you won't have a reason to QQ? There's an idea

As for the OP, I love this company's attitude towards game difficulty, I reckon they've done a great job so far and hope they continue to do so.
    Yeah, get out mate. I'm not dealing with theory. In theory I'd like us to all join one server where everyone speaks English (or doesn't speak), so we'll never run out of people to play with. Everyone is nice, no one has lag and playing with others is like one big orgy of fun and games.

But we're dealing with a game that's not located in Australia and that game heavily relies on a lag-free environment to be able to play properly. This is reality. Anet can only fix your lag by placing a server somewhere near you. There is no other way. Distance latency is the hardest to overcome, due to the significant amount of hops, switches and routers, you pass. They slow you down, regardless of your connection type.

I wouldn't play GW2 if the server was located in Australia. I wouldn't use it(the lag) as an excuse to talk right what is wrong.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-09-17 at 01:31 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can imagine that a high latency significantly decreases the quality of gaming experience in this game. I really do feel sorry for you, but nerfing instances is not really solving your problem and this thread obviously was not ment to focus on hardware and server distribution.

On Topic: Challanges are always a good thing as they push you forward. Great decission from AN.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post
    In other words: "I don't want people to have a chance at completing the boss if the group is dealing with latency issues forcing them to be unable to dodge attacks on time, so I want game mechanics to change so I can thump my chest at them in superiority."
    It's funny how 3 letters, "L2p", implicates a feeling of superiority to others. No, it's simply a learn to play issue. Games comes with challenges, getting better and learning to play is but one of many Folks with latency issues should address that with Arenanet, not dumb down content because you feel entitled to the loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post
    "Graveyard zerging" is an expensive strategy that costs players money, and drastically increases the time it takes to down that boss and the time spent in the dungeon as a whole. That's penalty enough - there's no reason to try to be an elitest prick and tell those players they're shit out of luck and can't complete content.
    That's a good one. Because I want to make the content less trivial, that makes me an elitiest prick? If you don't want to pay the repair bills, don't wipe. Simple no? It's a big L2play issue, when it comes down to it. Some bosses are even located next to way points (AC Story final boss, King Adelburn), eliminating the walk altogether and making it a straight zerg. In Sorrow's Embrace, the fight with Kudu and his golems specifically, the bosses health doesn't reset even if you did wipe.

I feel like I'm part of the minority that enjoys challenges in games and overcoming them. Not cheesing every fight. Though, if you ever feel like you're being punished for simply playing a game, perhaps it's time you look at what you're truly with your time.

The cost is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. You'll be making the silver back effortlessly with the loot that drops and end-chest that's unjustly awarded to us because of this zerging mentality that is deemed okay.

<333
    Last edited by nighties; 2012-09-17 at 02:13 PM. Reason: by popular demand

Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    SNIP

L2P
    Not to bash, but you might want to remove the quote at the bottom. While the rest makes sense, the quote is only there to offend and has no other purpose. Especially in this, your, context.

Not to bash, but you might want to remove the quote at the bottom. While the rest makes sense, the quote is only there to offend and has no other purpose. Especially in this, your, context.
    I would if I could but I can't so I shan't. Think of it as what you will, but if telling someone to learn to play is bashing, then I don't know what helping is

Deleted
    I would if I could but I can't so I shan't. Think of it as what you will, but if telling someone to learn to play is bashing, then I don't know what helping is
    Because it doesn't really help. It's like going to a child who can't read and telling it to "learn to read". It's not really any useful. You either go to the kid and teach it or tell it where it can learn it and send it there. But you don't just go there to tell it to "L2P!"

So just saying "hurr durr L2P!" is like saying "You suck!".
    Last edited by mmocc2f63cde0d; 2012-09-17 at 02:12 PM.

It's what the context implicates. You have acknowledged that the quoted person dislikes the phrase L2P, which obviously has a negative sound, so you purposely add it again the bottom of your post. Whether you do that to troll or purely prove your point, it's purposely being rude either way.

Also, I never mentioned that saying L2P is bashing.

Obviously, Colin is repping for his game. Which is nice and all but not really worth a whole lot. How many devs are going to admit their game is lacking? About as useful as asking a musician about their latest recording.

On dungeons themselves; I think the biggest barrier to entry right now is simply that people aren't sure of what mobs/events do in the dungeons. For example, I went with a group of friends to CoE last night for the first time. Story mode. We wiped twice on the first pull... it simply took us a couple of tried to figure out what the little guys did and how to deal with 'em. After that we didn't wipe for the entire dungeon aside from 1 or 2 of us going "downed state" in the golem room.

Colin is likely right that a lot of the challenge is rooted in unfamiliarity at this time. Once you see the fights a few times it's all the same simple tactics. The game doesn't have a lot of depth.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-17 at 03:55 PM.

Alright, to appease the masses I'll include hearts instead

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    because that's total BS, how about we get a data centre set up over here and you won't have a reason to QQ? There's an idea
    Because its buy to play? The concept is awesome it really is but there are limitations due to this business model and this is one of them. They simply dont have the operating capital to be dropping data centers all over the place. Sucks but there ya go.

Alright, to appease the masses I'll include hearts instead
    Thank you, king Nighties. It was only to keep you from being infracted, actually The full body of your post made sense. To end it so lame, would be a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    There is absolutely no necessity to graveyard zerg if you're doing the encounter right. Why would it become the accepted norm for competent players?
    Competent players is the key word. I have been in groups were we don't need to GY zerg at all, because the group is just that good. Then, I've been in groups that are so terrible you need to GY zerg in order to finish. Why not leave these groups? Because usually we're already so far in, I don't want to start over. It's frustrating, but I'm glad the GY zerg is at least there in case of groups being terrible. Maybe they should just leave GY zerg in for now until people learn the encounters, but at some point, removing it would probably be the best idea. If people haven't learned to do the dungeons by the time the game has been out for 6 months or so, then that's their problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me, its had nothing to do with challenge. Its the exact opposite. I have yet to be challenged by intelligent encounters in dungeons. The group I run with nightly has no problem pwning the entire place were running. Sometimes we wipe, sometimes we dont. It depends on how buggy things are at the moment. Once you learn the mob telegraphs it becomes easy. . . just like in wow when after 3 or 4 runs, you learned the text telegraphs from DBM. . . Im failing to see any challenge PvE wise in GW2. Hell, now that Im mastering the telegraphs, I dont even have to use dodge that much. IMO, telegraph animations are far easier to follow than DBM in WoW. At least with DBM, you have to take your eyes off the action to read the text, in GW2 you dont even need to move your eyes.

There are still GYZergs on bosses which should end. ASAP.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2012-09-17 at 02:48 PM.

If anything, they need to be buffed a little to be more dynamic, something some of us in the closed beta kept saying because after a couple of runs they are just easy and get rather boring. GY zerging is just laughable honestly.

Deleted
    He is quite right about the community needing to learn and getting used to the concepts in dungeon because it is somewhat different to previous mmos. Even Molten Core (first WoW raid) was quite an entry barrier until guilds like conquest(?) communicated the basics of raiding to the masses, who had no idea about everquest. Although I am not disputing the argument, that the game could communicate a lot better with the player concerning mechanics and abilities.
    My biggest gripe would be the inflated health pools and numbers, but this is personal preference as I like soft enrage mechanics more than battles against fatigue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Yes, it is. It's plain stupid. A pathetic attempt at game design. The solution to latency problem is not a pathetic gameplay, but some server closer to the players experiencing the bad latency
    It actually is a detriment for bad players, they end up losing more money than earning, does it affect you? no? then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanie View Post
    The problem with GY zerging is not that it makes things easier; it's that it makes them easier in a way that makes the game less fun. This is considerably different from having, say, a different difficulty level with more forgiving timing and damage output.
    LMAO

LESS FUN FOR WHO??

If the people using this as a means to complete dungeons are doing so because it's easier for them, sounds to me like they're having fun. It has, again, ZERO IMPACT ON YOUR GAME. If they're GY zerging in one group and you aren't in yours ... guess what ... YOU ALL HAVE FUN.

No, I see the system of GY zerging as a form of abuse. Hence, I do not consider it to be a viable or honest tactic and consider it as a functionality that's not in the game. So virtually, I'd like to see the game not hand out advantages to any players, good or bad, they should not have. GY Zerging just happens to be one of those.

In other words, I do not want your difficulty to increase, I want the difficulty to be the exact same for all players. Lag or no lag.
    This discussion has nothing to do with how easy I view all of the dungeons and their explorable paths, nor how simple the mechanics are in regards to how they're telegraphed, or the big red circles on the ground.

This discussion is about the people that see the red circle later because of latency, dodge later because of latency, and end up getting killed as a result, or the people that aren't awesome at this game but still want to experience the story mode to see how the members of Destiny's Edge evolve.
    Last edited by Sojou; 2012-09-17 at 04:01 PM.

I see no one has their Dungeon Master title yet.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Nice plugging for the Chefs in the game. I wonder if consumable prices went up since that post. xD