Thread: laws and ethics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    The father was being selfish.

Sure, he did the "right thing" by doing something bad, which is murder, without taking in consideration that that scum was already arrested, and that those 5 years would have been better spend supporting his molested child than in a prison, making it waay more painful for the kid.

Law doesn't guarantee morality, but in the case you gave, it would have been better handled if the kidnapper and molester was left alive, getting horribly raped by his fellow inmates
    he had 5 years probation he never saw the inside of a cell

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 02:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Or perhaps this is a symptom of a deeply rooted mistrust to a system that have sent innocent people to death row and have let blatantly guilty people go on technicalities. It'd probably be worth investigating why "justice" sometimes get taken into our own hands.

However, premeditated murder is murder at any rate, and should be tried accordingly, though the judge would probably show some amount of leniency due to his state of mind, etc.
    this is about how I feel granted the system fails but he should of given it a chance to work then if he walked free see about ensuring justice

you could argue it was a heat of the moment thing but it would be hard there was a time lapse between him finding out and him killing the man, he fired only once killing him then dropped the weapon and surrendered that to me spells out premeditated
    morally do i think he's wrong? not really. legally wrong though? definitely should of beed charged with first degree murder

however in the second case where the mother killed the man who molester her son I thing you could argue at least second degree murder because the excessive force used but how she got jail time and this guy didn't baffles me
    Last edited by Tuskcat; 2012-09-17 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    “Oh, do a daily? Just do a daily? Why don’t I strap on my daily helmet and squeeze down into a daily cannon and fire off into daily land, where quests grow on little dailies?!”