HC Raid Lockout Question

Its so confusing so let me ask it:
    I did Firelands HC last night. We didn't get to kill Raggy last night so called it a night with 6/7hc.
    The rest of them are continuing it tomorrow night but I cant come because of time.

Can I then form my own raid (using fresh people) using my 6/7hc lockout to get straight to raggy?
    Even if the rest of the original raid members finish it off by themselves on a separate raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you can yes, as long as the people you take to your run haven't done any bosses (at all? or just on heroic? I'm not certain - play it safe as possible though).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Your lockout is your lockout. The fresh people you bring with you will be saved to your lockout. There isn't some invisible tie to the original members of the group if they decided to finish without you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doritos-Mage View Post
    ...called it a night with 6/7hc.
    The rest of them are continuing it tomorrow night but I cant come because of time.

Can I then form my own raid (using fresh people) using my 6/7hc lockout to get straight to raggy?
    Even if the rest of the original raid members finish it off by themselves on a separate raid?
    The situation is this: Heroic lockout 6/7. Your buddies will go and kill Ragnaros on heroic tomorrow. So far so good. Let's say that you go and gather up a bunch of people and venture into FL the following day, you'll encounter a 7/7 hc clear ID. There will be no more Ragnaros because your buddies will already have killed him. (If your buddies kill him only on normal, however, there will still be a heroic Ragnaros waiting for you.)

Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post
    Your lockout is your lockout. The fresh people you bring with you will be saved to your lockout. There isn't some invisible tie to the original members of the group if they decided to finish without you.
    Thats only for normal, on heroic the IDs for the whole group are tied together(just like pre-Cata IDs). But because the raid ID system is a broken piece of crap, your ID won't show Ragnaros as dead until you actually enter the instance after the other guys killed him.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2012-09-17 at 12:13 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Just to clearify. You will be saved to Heroic Raggy, even if you arent there yourself, participating in the kill, IF you have participated in any of the other HC bosses in that save.

Even if you extend your individual raid lockout? Also, are you sure that the concept still applies to FL and not just to DS? I haven't ran firelands since '11 so i'm not sure.

Even if you extend your individual raid lockout? Also, are you sure that the concept still applies to FL and not just to DS? I haven't ran firelands since '11 so i'm not sure.
    I've only had it happen in FL. Massive pain when doing Rag heroic only runs.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

It applies to all raids set as HC. If you can set a raid to heroic then every member of that group is saved to that raid size, that raid id/lockout/clear/whatever you want to call it, and every boss killed in that id by any member of the raid at any point will be dead and apply to everyone who enters with that id - which is exactly how all raids used to work before 4.0.

As soon as the word "heroic" enters the picture, you can completely ignore everything you know about the flexible lockout system.

Curious as to anyone insight for this type of lockout for heroics. Why allow it for normal but not Heroic? It's not the raiders fault that blizz makes puggable heroic content.

Ok,
    Thanks for all the replies.
    Just to add something:

A few weeks back, I had to leave a raid (Firelands HC) just after killing Lord Ryo.
    I didn't get to kill Majordomo and Raggy but I know the rest of the guys killed it. 2 days after the raid, I decided to group with a guildmate just so I could enter the instance and check for myself. Majordomo was still there waiting for me. This was before the raid reset (wednesday)

Now, admittedly, after reading all your comments, I cannot remember whether I set my raid to HC at that time when I decided to check for myself

Deleted
    They can replace you with a person that hasn't killed any boss heroic in Firelands this week, true.
    If they kill Ragnaros, those 10 players will be saved + you. You participated in the first 6 bosses which means you all now share the same heroic ID, so now 11 people are saved in that heroic ID to a cleared instance.

It may however say in your raid info that Ragnaros is still alive and well, but he ain't. This happen to us long ago when we were going to do Sinestra and saw that the pug we found had made a group of his own before us and killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    They can replace you with a person that hasn't killed any boss heroic in Firelands this week, true.
    If they kill Ragnaros, those 10 players will be saved + you. You participated in the first 6 bosses which means you all now share the same heroic ID, so now 11 people are saved in that heroic ID to a cleared instance.

It may however say in your raid info that Ragnaros is still alive and well, but he ain't. This happen to us long ago when we were going to do Sinestra and saw that the pug we found had made a group of his own before us and killed her.
    Ok, I will check tomorrow after the original raid's done it just to make sure. I will update this tomorrow.
    I have no interest in stealing their raid lockout. I don't really need anything from Raggy (I'm currently on my Legendary staff quest so don't need anything from Raggy). I just asked just in case I could form my own for practice as Raggy still really scares me (I'm Firelord with 2 kills on him) and I thought I could use my lockout separately as practice.

I have 2 weeks left for my Legendary staff by the way