Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It's an MMO, y'know, where your better experiences generally come from interacting with others. Making the world seem full adds to gameplay, it doesn;t detract from it.

At the root of an MMO is competition for resources, if wow lacked that before then it was a failing, one that CRZ's should fix. The "gosh it makes my farming rare pets / herbs / ore harder" is very very "me" centric.
    Example of different kinds of interaction with others in real life - one in wide auditoriums, and other in metro during peak hour. CRZ gives "metro" like feeling.

Root of MMO is "multiple players playing same game at same time with specific systems in place to allow them to interact between each other". When you come from hard work day and had to use metro on way in and back, the least you want from game - is the feeling of metro, waitings and queue for quest mobs and resources. Add to this that many people farm not because they enjoy the process, but because they need to level a prof or to make gold/flasks for raid. Making such process even less enjoyable and more frustrating won't make anyone happier and will turn away a lot of people.

To Paloro: well, before CRZ you could do it with friend very fast too (a lot of people made alts in other faction out of boredom). Also, CRZ can add a lot of mess with Halaa's control.

Edit: and about "me" centric. When people play game, they fairly enough expect to have minimum disruption in the process. Queues for quest mobs/farm spots/resource nodes are results of disruption in that process - it's like having to watch 1 minute of TV advertisements for each 10 seconds of actual film.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-09-18 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Tell me a single reason how does CRZ help the game? Especially the one which has basically no group quests?

It only hurts players, especially legit players, who don't bot, don't autoclick, whatever.

From technical point of view, however, it is obvious that keeping 1 zone active costs less than keeping 10 zones active. Thus assumptions are quite logical and most likely true.
    It puts more players in a single zone. Objectively, reasonably populated zones = good.

As for the technical standpoint, I can't imagine spending all those man-hours building new server architecture is worth the marginal amount of money saved in server maintenance.

Edit: and about "me" centric. When people play game, they fairly enough expect to have minimum disruption in the process. Queues for quest mobs/farm spots/resource nodes are results of disruption in that process - it's like having to watch 1 minute of TV advertisements for each 10 seconds of actual film.
    If this is happening then CRZ is clearly working improperly. CRZ is not meant to bring zones from one extreme to the other.

If you feel that playing with more people around you is like walking down a busy city street then that's your opinion. Not everyone feels that way.

Bad analagy.

By me centric I mean you only look at what affects you negatively and do not step back to focus on if its good for the game in general. It's the failing of most people complaining about stuff on the boards. The question should be "Is this bad for the game?", not "is this bad for me?" Well, that and a complete lack of anything apporaching objectivity from posters.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my server Uldum has been quiet for a while ... some nights I would of seen not 1 bot and other nights maybe 3 max.

Since CRZ I'm seeing around 10 ... many from other realms and I'm reporting them all.

Since now I can report more bots than possible before I wonder if that means more bots will be reported overall and more bots being removed ....

Policing more multiple realms good thing ???
    Last edited by peterpan007; 2012-09-18 at 12:34 PM.

I love CRZ personally. Soooo much world PvP I haven't had this much fun in a while.

As for botters, I think your panties are a bit tight there bud. And if being on a low pop server sucks so much why don't you transfer?

I have been encountering cross-realm bots grinding, even questing on an EU realm I frequent. I report them as such when I find them, including linking their WoW Armory page in the report. They then disappear in a matter of minutes, in my experience...