Swap Mind Sear for Holy Nova for Holy and Disc

Blizzard should really think about dropping the glyph and giving Holy Nova to Holy and Disc back baseline. If they want to get rid of a spell to replace it with I'd elect mind sear.

I play disc and I never really liked it. Most times I was much better off just holyfiring and smithing and now penancing than mind searing. Not sure how it is for Holy but I suspect having Holy Nova back instead of mind sear would be better off for them too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take mindsear over Holy Nova, thank you.

what would you think about a holy version of mindsear with a "damages enemies or heals nearby allies within x yards of the target"? I think it would be a pretty fun mechanic... it'd probably be too op tho, unless you have to select which you want it to do, damage or heals... idk, i think it could be cool.

Deleted
    I still don't understand why some people miss Holy Hova, it was just plain awful. If they changed it to actually be worth using, then maybe, but I'm happy for it to reside on a glyph I'll never buy.

what would you think about a holy version of mindsear with a "damages enemies or heals nearby allies within x yards of the target"?
    This is basically our level 90 talents.

Quote Originally Posted by timeconsumer26 View Post
    what would you think about a holy version of mindsear with a "damages enemies or heals nearby allies within x yards of the target"? I think it would be a pretty fun mechanic... it'd probably be too op tho, unless you have to select which you want it to do, damage or heals... idk, i think it could be cool.
    It's not bad but I think a couple of our level 90 talents fill that role.

On a side note it just feels like I lost more than I gained as a priest this 5.0 is all. Rapture doesn't restore as much mana, Archangel doesn't restore any mana, you have to talent for mind control, no more focused will, no more holy nova baseline, no more mana burn, as disc no more divine hymn.

Holy Nova has some good situational uses mainly stopping multiple people capping a flag. It could also serve as a rogue finder and critter killer. None of which are filled by the niche spell of mind sear.

Deleted
    On a side note it just feels like I lost more than I gained as a priest this 5.0 is all.
    We've definitely lost a few things but with Spirit Shell I'm thinking a lot more about reacting to incoming damage than I did previously and it has a short enough cooldown to be keeping you on your toes.

Holy Nova was great to stop caps in AB, amd BfG, and Eye of the Storm. Without Holy Nova, priests have considerable difficulty blocking caps on flags. Sadly, we can't spare the glyph slot to glyph it. SW:P interrupting a flag cap was a band-aid fix to this.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Holy Nova was great to stop caps in AB, amd BfG, and Eye of the Storm. Without Holy Nova, priests have considerable difficulty blocking caps on flags. Sadly, we can't spare the glyph slot to glyph it. SW:P interrupting a flag cap was a band-aid fix to this.
    Exactly this. As Disc in (Cata) RBGs, I could keep myself alive for ages solo defending a flag, spamming Holy Nova to prevent caps. Un fortunately, I can't spare the glyph slot for it now (using instant holy fire [it's an amazing instant heal], smite and penance)

The only other plausible use for Holy Nova, though, was AoEing down pirates while grinding goblin rep / epic parrot hunting.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    This. I'd be happy if disc had Holy Nova baseline, AND the glyph swapped it to Mind Sear if anyone wants it.

I still don't understand why some people miss Holy Hova, it was just plain awful. If they changed it to actually be worth using, then maybe, but I'm happy for it to reside on a glyph I'll never buy.
    Holy Nova has always been a useful spell in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    This. I'd be happy if disc had Holy Nova baseline, AND the glyph swapped it to Mind Sear if anyone wants it.
    Me too. Of course I'm not averse to them actually buffing it a bit. I always liked the spell itself from a aesthetic point of view.