Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Better Money maker?

I'm just wondering what you guys think is going to be money maker, Inscription or Prospecting/JC. I have tests the first few weeks of MOP so I wont be able to full on level so my plan is to make some money!

THanks

Depends on your server economy and the time you want to put in, and what you're talking about in terms of making money.

Some sort of shuffling with prospecting/JC is generally an ok and steady profit for most for a fairly low time investment. Inscription has a daily quest that gives you a scroll you can craft with each day that will be worth a lot in Mists, so in terms of gold to time spent I'd say inscription is probably going to be up there with the most you can earn for least effort early on (similar to transmuting etc). Both can earn serious gold, but that takes time commitment and a lot of ah play to do. Another issue is what the farming is like on your server, lots of ore or lots of herbs? etc etc.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-09-17 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    what windfury says. depends on server ubcluding the level of demand and your level of competition. I think competition should be fierece so ask yourself if you have the time to put in. Ybfrotunatey making lots of old requires time.

Im on the Server Blackrock H US which is one of the biggest servers in the world so supply is there

10+ Year Old Account
    Inscription is good money, but its demand seems to experience certain spikes and then taper off. Jewelcrafting is a fairly constant market as long as you are staying up on your dailies and buying new cuts as quickly as possible.

First 2-3 weeks of a new expansion Mining/Herbalism hands down. The speed levelers are hardcore and never take gathering professions so they will pay a lot of stuff to max out their tradeskills. For example when cata launched I was the only one selling elementium Ore and it was going for 900g a stack as fast as I could put it on the AH. Also this was not a low population realm Id say our alliance side is one of the highest servers at least top 10. I had 250k by noon. Same with Twilight Blossoms 750g a stack. I expect the same thing to happen again.

Theres no point in trying to make money off JC/Enchanting until a few months in. Like I said all hardcore players that are speed leveling will either have those two professions or someone in their guild will. Once the casuals start catching up and getting gear that needs gems and enchants you will have a market. I had around 800k after 4 months doing Ore shuffle and just selling the enchanting mats and cut rare gems. 20k a night wasnt uncommon but I averaged only about 10-12k a day. Of course half went back into buying more Ore but I can live with a 6-10k profit per night.

Yeah the problem with herblore and mining is I dont have it leveled ATM and don't really have the amount of time needed to level those professions before MOP hits.

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 07:57 PM ----------

And also they're not allowing the ability to fly in MOP zones to 85 so wouldn't that slow down farming?

Deleted
    You can level herb and mining in a few days.
    The dont try and make money off jc and enchanting till 2 months in is plain bad advice. People will wnat gems and enchants as soon as they are available, especially those who are powering hcs to get into raids.

Deleted
    Herbalism-Inscription, apparently. You login and get 1000 gold. Exagerating, but it's some ridiculous shit like that. You won't see a poor scribe.

Im currently leveling herblore/mining and I think I will focus on that when MOP hits and not level to later.

Im planning on leveling my druid alt with herb & inscription straight to 90 after i ding on my main. And hopefully i can begin farming herbs and making Darkmoon Cards as one of the first on my server. At Cata start cards was going for like 25-30k the first week, second week still 20-25, and still a month into the expansion trinkets was selling for 15-20k each. Also looking for people who sell cheap herbs i can buy, luckily im Alchemy on my main, so i can use the spare herbs to make pots/flask and make a good profit from that, flasks can easily sell for 500g each the first week. But sadly there is no ''real raid'' in the first week, so flask and pots will probably not do that well the first week.

Can anyone suggest a really nice spot to farm fast herbs in Pandaland. Like Uldum was the top place here in Cata imo, so many Whiptails in no time. Also looking for Mining spots since i also have a Miner/BS alt. Belt buckles will also sell like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    Im planning on leveling my druid alt with herb & inscription straight to 90 after i ding on my main. And hopefully i can begin farming herbs and making Darkmoon Cards as one of the first on my server. At Cata start cards was going for like 25-30k the first week, second week still 20-25, and still a month into the expansion trinkets was selling for 15-20k each. Also looking for people who sell cheap herbs i can buy, luckily im Alchemy on my main, so i can use the spare herbs to make pots/flask and make a good profit from that, flasks can easily sell for 500g each the first week. But sadly there is no ''real raid'' in the first week, so flask and pots will probably not do that well the first week.

Can anyone suggest a really nice spot to farm fast herbs in Pandaland. Like Uldum was the top place here in Cata imo, so many Whiptails in no time. Also looking for Mining spots since i also have a Miner/BS alt. Belt buckles will also sell like crazy.
    Just fyi scribes are limited to one DMF card per day per scribe in Mists. They require an item that is only obtainable via a daily quest to craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    First 2-3 weeks of a new expansion Mining/Herbalism hands down.
    QFT, start of Cata I was making thousands of gold with so little effort!

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Just fyi scribes are limited to one DMF card per day per scribe in Mists. They require an item that is only obtainable via a daily quest to craft.
    Oh thanks for the information, i wasn't aware of that. Pretty sad, but they will just sell for more i assume. Maybe 50k each trink :-d

Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    Oh thanks for the information, i wasn't aware of that. Pretty sad, but they will just sell for more i assume. Maybe 50k each trink :-d
    This is likely. I plan on power leveling my paladin and disenchanting everything I can and selling the mats the first few days, then use the money to get JC up and use future disenchants to get enchanting up. I didn't start the ore shuffle until late 4.2 but still managed to pull almost 350k from it. So hopefully MoP will give me more time and money for it. I would like to do inscription, and I might level it and do the once a day things just to see if maybe I can make a deck or two. I suppose as long as I don't spend more than 20k leveling inscription and doing the dailies it will end up being worth it.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    moin moin,

minimg and herbalism are the best one on the start to earn money.

After that just craft green itmes with JC and diss them into vz mats....

Your,
    Holy

So in MOP you can only create 1 Darkmoon Card a day ace-Eights?

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    You can level herb and mining in a few days.
    The dont try and make money off jc and enchanting till 2 months in is plain bad advice. People will wnat gems and enchants as soon as they are available, especially those who are powering hcs to get into raids.
    will either have an alt with those or will use someone in their guild. Every raider min/maxes so they will have at least one character with JC and another with enchanting. I guess you could go ahead and start selling mats but gems wont sell as they can cut their own, same for scrolls as they can enchant their own gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzkil View Post
    So in MOP you can only create 1 Darkmoon Card a day ace-Eights?
    Darkmoon cards require a Scroll of Wisdom to craft, you can get one scroll per day from a daily quest. So on average one per day, provided you do the quest yes.

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 07:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    will either have an alt with those or will use someone in their guild. Every raider min/maxes so they will have at least one character with JC and another with enchanting. I guess you could go ahead and start selling mats but gems wont sell as they can cut their own, same for scrolls as they can enchant their own gear.
    You'd think so, but the fact is a lot of raiders are time pressed and/or lazy and/or so rich they don't care and just go to the nearest AH. Things will absolutely sell, and for a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post

You'd think so, but the fact is a lot of raiders are time pressed and/or lazy and/or so rich they don't care and just go to the nearest AH. Things will absolutely sell, and for a lot.

This pretty much. It doesn't matter how you look at it, things will be overpriced and always sell. Like cata, cut inferno rubies started at 300-400g a piece in tier 11. Maelstrom started at almost 4k per on my server.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.