Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    In battlegrounds it is actually a legit problem again for Elemental Shaman when they start dispelling Flame Shock.

We no longer get a ridiculous amount of haste when they dispel it. Why they removed that is beyond me. Why they added a 5 sec CD to it is even more of a mystery.

When people start finding out about this in arena, good dispelers will dispel Flame Shock all the time. 8 sec cd if there is like 2 8sec CD dispel classes in 3v3? Say goodbye to all your burst/damage.

I guess they are doing it to let people "counter" us, but how are we supposed to be competitive if we struggle with both damage AND survivability?

Not to mention, Ascendance will suffer A LOT from this. People will prioritize dispelling Flame Shock as much as dispelling Wings from Paladins in Cataclysm.
    As far as Flameshock is concerned, good healers wont use their 8 seconds cd dispell just to dispell FS. Dispell is nowadays mostly used for dispelling long CCs (hex, sheep, ...), because if your healers dispell is on - lets say 6 seconds cd after dispelling FS, and someone catches a long CC. then you might gonna die or your healer at least gonna have some problems.

If people are wasting their 8s cd dispel just to get flameshock, you have a bigger problem.

fortunately they answered a question about this in the q/a chat with the devs tonight
    Prior to patch 5.0.4, When we still had the cataclysm 'revised' talent trees, Elemental shamans gained an addition to one of their talents entailing that when flame shock was dispelled we gained a temporary buff entitled 'Lave Flows' This most recent patch, with the new Mists 'revised' Talent trees highlighted the removal of the cataclysm talent system, and with it went Lava Flows, what is your reasoning for removing this valuable ability?

Defensive dispels are significantly more limited in 5.0 than they were previously. Passives like Lava Flows were designed as an answer to an environment in which defensive dispel magic was spammed constantly, and it was nearly impossible to get a buffed Lava Burst off against an attentive dispeller who could remove your Flame Shock while you were casting the spell. With an 8-second cooldown on dispels now, a healer who dispels a Flame Shock may find that they are unable to dispel the Fear or Polymorph that targets another teammate immediately thereafter. We'll keep an eye on the evolving PvP metagame in light of the new dispel changes, and consider re-adding something like Lava Flows if it proves necessary.

Considering Dispels remove ALL magic effects, even if they dispelled Fear the Flame shock would go with it, regardless of if they intended to dispel it or not. Would this not constitute it's reinstatement?

Guessing this is a follow-up to my earlier reply. I meant that if you dispel Flame Shock off yourself, or off Teammate A, maybe you can't dispel Teammate B's Fear or Polymorph a few seconds later, and now they're stuck in CC for its full duration. In general, we expect that players have to be much more careful about how and when they use their magic dispels.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2012-09-19 at 12:53 AM.

Lava Burst does so little damage at 90 I guess it's not a huge concern.