Will this laptop run wow?

New Inspiron 15R
    •3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3612QM processor (6M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)
    •Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
    •15.6" High Definition (720p) LED Display with Truelife
    •8GB3 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
    •1TB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
    •8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
    •Intel® HD Graphics 4000

It should pretty easily. Mine's about a third of what yours is, and it runs WoW fine.

Yes it will. Not at max settings, though, due to the integrated video card. Sorry. :/

EDIT: If you are planning on using it for gaming get a better video card option on it, a GeForce model would be optimal.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

It'll run the game fine, but not at high or max details due to the integrated graphics chip.

The computer has impressive processing power with that CPU, but you'd be better off with a bit less CPU horsepower combined with a more powerful dedicated Graphics card.

Just out of curiosity, whats the price for such a Dell? I'm running an MSI 683 GT laptop with a core i5-2410M and a Geforce GTX 560M. It cost me 900€ and it runs games WAY better than an integrated intel HD 4000 chip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightgloom View Post
    Just out of curiosity, whats the price for such a Dell? I'm running an MSI 683 GT laptop with a core i5-2410M and a Geforce GTX 560M. It cost me 900€ and it runs games WAY better than an integrated intel HD 4000 chip.
    Any chance of a link for that, matey?

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    Any chance of a link for that, matey?
    Hey, yeah its this model:
    http://fi.msi.com/product/nb/GT683.html

The vendor I bought it from doesn't sell this particular model anymore. But there are similar new models with Ivy-bridge CPU variants and Kepler GPU variants (some of the chips are still fermi chips though, nVidia's naming policy is strange...).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, yeah its this model:
    http://fi.msi.com/product/nb/GT683.html

The vendor I bought it from doesn't sell this particular model anymore. But there are similar new models with Ivy-bridge CPU variants and Kepler GPU variants (some of the chips are still fermi chips though, nVidia's naming policy is strange...).
    Awesome, thanks.

My gripe is that I've been looking for a gaming laptop for ages, and none of the major sites seem to bother listing prices - it's infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    Awesome, thanks.

My gripe is that I've been looking for a gaming laptop for ages, and none of the major sites seem to bother listing prices - it's infuriating.
    Where are you from? I could try to give you some heads up regarding models but I have to say my knowledge is rather limited to finnish and german hardware vendor sites

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are you from? I could try to give you some heads up regarding models but I have to say my knowledge is rather limited to finnish and german hardware vendor sites
    Haha, I appreciate that.

I'm in the UK and am not really that clued in to laptops (or computers in general). I've got a decent enough laptop at the moment, but it's already struggling with WoW due to the integrated graphics chip so this topic made me think "the OP's making a mistake if he buys that".

It might play WoW w/ than CPU and Onboard graphics @ 1366x768 @ ultra low @ 15Fps. $400 ASUS laptop would be a better and identical choice for performance. If you want reasonable gaming for $600 or less your going to need an AMD APU, like maybe this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834214862

10+ Year Old Account
    get a desktop for your gaming needs. most half decent dekstops can handle wow blindfolded. keep your current laptop for when you need to travel etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpinuk880 View Post
    get a desktop for your gaming needs. most half decent dekstops can handle wow blindfolded. keep your current laptop for when you need to travel etc
    Your second sentence is the snag. I have a decent home rig, but I'm in the military and travel all the time - a dekstop under those circumstances is just totally impractical.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    It might play WoW w/ than CPU and Onboard graphics @ 1366x768 @ ultra low @ 15Fps. $400 ASUS laptop would be a better and identical choice for performance. If you want reasonable gaming for $600 or less your going to need an AMD APU, like maybe this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834214862
    It's going to run at it at more than that at 768p. HD 3000 can run wow at that resolution on the lowest settings at around 50 fps (OG in the morning).
    I for one wouldn't be satisfied playing the game with everything set to low so I agree that he should look for something with a better GPU than an HD 4000.
    Last edited by stalkerzzzz; 2012-09-18 at 12:18 PM.