Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Bill O'Reilly vs Jon Stewart

The debate is set. Clicky----> http://www.gotchamediablog.com/2012/...mble-2012.html

Who do you think is gonna bring home the champion banner?

Jon Stewart is much smarter and more well informed. Bill O'Reilly is too biased to have a chance.

Stewart will win all measures of the debate. Meanwhile O'Reilly will claim victory the day after because he shouted the loudest.

Assuming this isn't a giant joke, which I kind of assume.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bill O'Reilly is a bumbling moron. This will be like watching Mike Tyson fight a girl scout.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

I just saw this on the daily show and got excited. This can only go one way...

10+ Year Old Account
    Bill opens his mouth and hot air comes out at frequencies that make annoying sounds. Stewart however is intelligent and funny.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    awesome. this looks heaps good.

go stewart!
    Hi

Jon Stewart already won against Bill O'Reilly. Jon shut Bill up several years ago when Jon was a guest on Bill's show. Bill never had his facts straight and accused Jon of something I can't quite remember, but Jon shut Bill up in 2 sentences. It was epic.
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

I do realize most people will slobber all over John Stewart. I think him to be a smart man. I think O Reilly is a smart man-- i am not hugely biased like most people here who have posted and will post. If this is an actual debate and not a comedy laugh off, i think you may want to temper your enthusiasm. I know people hate O Reilly out of bias against anything fox, but the man has written several political books and has a political show that runs most nights. I doubt anyone will take this line of reasoning. There will be a lot of John Stewart love and bashing of O Reilly. Both of them use writing teams, I wonder whose team will prepare better?

10+ Year Old Account
    More like Jon Stewart feasts on Bill O'Reilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdoletoo View Post
    I do realize most people will slobber all over John Stewart. I think him to be a smart man. I think O Reilly is a smart man-- i am not hugely biased like most people here who have posted and will post. If this is an actual debate and not a comedy laugh off, i think you may want to temper your enthusiasm. I know people hate O Reilly out of bias against anything fox, but the man has written several political books and has a political show that runs most nights. I doubt anyone will take this line of reasoning. There will be a lot of John Stewart love and bashing of O Reilly. Both of them use writing teams, I wonder whose team will prepare better?
    Protip: when you proclaim your lack of bias before anyone accuses you (or anyone in the thread) of being biased, you clearly are. It is like saying 'im not racist, like you, but I hate white people.'

15+ Year Old Account
    Bill is okay, but like other people said he is too biased. Jon is also biased, but gives other people to share their views other then his own. Bill is just to forward.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Bill is okay, but like other people said he is too biased. Jon is also biased, but gives other people to share their views other then his own. Bill is just to forward.
    But it is going to be a debate, not an argument or an interview. Or is it?

You should be infracted for trolling.

The way I see it, Stewart's audience will take Stewart's side, O'Reilly's audience will take O'Reilly's side. Both sides will get in "gotcha" comments, and both sides will use those soundbites in their respective shows to "prove" they won.

In the end, it's sure to be an entertaining exchange as it always is between Poppa Bear and Johnny Boy. I'll definitely be watching!

10+ Year Old Account
    oh this will be delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Jon Stewart is much smarter and more well informed. Bill O'Reilly is too biased to have a chance.
    Oh please you can just see Jon playing up the Blame Bush Card, blame Congress, blame some obscure Youtube Video on americans being attacked, blame this blame that, just taking talking points from the Obama campaign.

Then when O'Reilly calls Jon out on that and states how off base he is.... here is Jon's ESCAPE CARD..... "OH BUT I'M JUST A LOWLY COMEDIAN, WHO CARES WHAT I SAY, DON'T MIND ME WHEN I SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT!"

here's me..... THEN WHY DID YOU START FLAPPING YOUR GUMS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

can't stand that Jon Stewart his show is atrocious! Its him spending 40 minutes making sarcastic remarks and very annoying moans and groans. i feel bad for the youth of today who falls for his 1 dimensional shtick.... its so pedestrian, and so predicable. It appeals to 3rd grade level intelligence.

poor kids today brainwashed by this misguided bafoon.

15+ Year Old Account
    But it is going to be a debate, not an argument or an interview. Or is it?
    Isn't a debate just a formal more intellectual argument?

Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    Oh please you can just see Jon playing up the Blame Bush Card, blame Congress, blame some obscure Youtube Video on americans being attacked, blame this blame that, just taking talking points from the Obama campaign.

Then when O'Reilly calls Jon out on that and states how off base he is.... here is Jon's ESCAPE CARD..... "OH BUT I'M JUST A LOWLY COMEDIAN, WHO CARES WHAT I SAY, DON'T MIND ME WHEN I SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT!"

here's me..... THEN WHY DID YOU START FLAPPING YOUR GUMS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

can't stand that Jon Stewart his show is atrocious! Its him spending 40 minutes making sarcastic remarks and very annoying moans and groans. i feel bad for the youth of today who falls for his 1 dimensional shtick.... its so pedestrian, and so predicable. It appeals to 3rd grade level intelligence.

poor kids today brainwashed by this misguided bafoon.
    Most people I know watch that it, already read/watch regular news....They do not really watch to get informed...They watch it for entertainment value.
    Last edited by apepi; 2012-09-18 at 05:00 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

They're both morons. Anyone who thinks they aren't, is an even bigger moron.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Isn't a debate just a formal more intellectual argument?
    Yes. From what I remember O'Reillys top tactic is to shout louder than whoever his guest is to prevent them from saying anything. I've not watched either of these shows in years, so maybe I'm wrong though.

That tactic will not work in a formal debate.