Cross-Realm Raiding. Is it happening?

I'm a bit confused as to the status of cross-realm raiding for MoP.

Personally, I have many RealID friends on other servers that I would absolutely love to raid with when MoP comes out but I am not sure if, at the moment, that is currently possible.

They have already enabled cross-realm raiding for Dragon Soul but I have also heard talks that cross-realm raiding will not be enabled for the starting raids in MoP.

Anybody have any news/information about this?

Feel free to discuss opinions regarding the benefits or disadvantages of cross-realm raiding.

You can do cross-realm raid only in the previous tier raids, the current tier raids cannot be done cross-realm.

Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    You can do cross-realm raid only in the previous tier raids, the current tier raids cannot be done cross-realm.
    Blizzard more or less confirmed this to be the current model yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if that changes in the future though.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

What is the reasoning behind delaying the availability of cross-realm raids to previous content?

Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    Blizzard more or less confirmed this to be the current model yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if that changes in the future though.
    Basically this. The only reason Dragon Soul is currently cross realm is because it is the end of the expansion. They could for sure in the near future make all current raid tiers cross realm too though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah337 View Post
    What is the reasoning behind delaying the availability of cross-realm raids to previous content?
    It would really screw with server rankings and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah337 View Post
    Money would be my guess. I suspect a decent amount of transfer money comes from raiders moving to new raiding guilds. I know I recently transferred servers and I've got 4 or 5 characters on my old server I really need to get moved over to help with progression. No way I'd move them over to farm old tiers though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    Actually I'd say that Blizzard only cares about the $$$. People not needing to server transfer to raid is people not spending a stupidly high amount of money for a cheap process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    Actually I'd say that Blizzard only cares about the $$$. People not needing to server transfer to raid is people not spending a stupidly high amount of money for a cheap process.
    That's why I don't think we'll ever see cross-realm available for the current raid tier, or for arenas. I think raiders probably transfer a lot more than people for PVP, but both likely provide the main reasons that people do transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    But the truly hardcore raiding guilds (the ones people server transfer for) would require you to join their guild on their server for achievement purposes. If that's the only concern then cross-realm won't really change that since hardcore raiders would still be required to transfer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i know that you can do it for most of the raids, but i think you can't do CR-raids to DS and Firelands, i have done CR-raids to ulduar, BT, ICC and TFW (these one is the most recent raid i have done CR-raid in)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    You can do cross-realm Dragon Soul right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Well i know that you can do it for most of the raids, but i think you can't do CR-raids to DS and Firelands
    All raids up to and including DS are now cross-realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    not only this they don't want top guilds easily selling mounts and gear to anybody in the game, and for example, Blood Legion, helps their buddys over on another server to obtain server first (higher world rank) for some incentives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    You can do cross-realm Dragon Soul right now.
    DS isn't really considered current content at this point though, and it obviously wasn't available for cross-realm when it was.

A blue post or tweet recently said the model they will follow is that cross realm will be available for current tier minus 1

I highly doubt the money they make off server transfer would be more than the sub they would gain if they allowed cross-realm raiding.

It's the logistic that goes with it, nothing stops any member from the group to use the lockout for his own guild after, plus you would have to block any kind of guild achievements as it would completely screw up the server rankings.

I believe they will do it once they introduced cross-realm guilds, there isn't much left to have everything cross-realm... capital cities, current tier of raid, arena, auction house and guild, that's it.

the only way to do that now is LFR

Deleted
    http://www.openraid.eu/

Some guys in our guild have been farming FL for a long time now with a cross realm team.