Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    What does DI have to do with anything? It was hard to find a sp, boomkin or firemage in 10man or 5man, that's why they changed it.

In this game there is plenty of solo content if you don't want to depend on other players. However, raids and dungeons are supposed to be a united/common effort to defeat a challenge before you get the reward.

The only current mechanics that change a patchwerk rotation are: switch target and continue with your rotation, aoe, dps while moving and/or keep your dps cooldowns for a burn phase. That's pretty boring to me, and the boss mechanics tend to be more and more repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Adapting to what the boss or it's adds do is one thing, adapting because That Guy is either inexperienced or behind on the gear curve is quite another; it just leads to frustration with That Guy, and that's not fun for you, and even less for them.
    If you run a group, be it raid or dungeon, with an unexpirienced player or just one that sleeps/sucks, isn't it normal if something doesn't go as planned? I'm saying it again and I won't repeat it anymore. Pugging could be fixed so that threat would have a lower impact, but if the tank freaking sleeps, then yes, you should overaggro him. Why is it that other classes being unexpirienced/undergeared has implications, but a tank should hold aggro while watching TV, while you nuke the shit out of it?

If you don't PUG, then you should group with similar skilled players, in which case threat should not matter much, if at all.

I guess you are too biased to imagine a game design where threat plays an interactive role.
    Last edited by mmoc8b742e5a94; 2012-09-20 at 11:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    I guess you are too biased to imagine a game design where threat plays an interactive role.
    We are not so much biased as that I personally don't see the attraction of having to keep an eye on a threat meter at all times and adapt my rotation to it's reading. That's constantly taking my eyes of the boss and my surroundings to watch my threat meter. It's one more thing to watch and react too, when frankly speaking I have enough to do as it is without this. Things to watch that I fond more interesting then wether or not I'm over aggroing and am currently running the risk of being stomped on by the boss and ruining the fight for my raid group.

Bias would indicate unreasonable attitude against it based on prejudice. It's not that. I understand what you want, I just don't like it.

Threat is still an issue.
    I was on my lock in an lfr zonozz the other day when I basically took aggro from the tank. They failed to generate enough threat quickly so I was tanking in meta form putting down about 85k dps (obviously half of that is pets). On my bear, I go cat or doomcluck and can burst high numbers too - meaning threat for the first 5 seconds. But after that it really isn't an issue because... wait for it...

Threat takes no skill. You are getting bored of the game Darlissa, for whatever reason, and clutching at straws that threat was a reason why it used to be fun. You are making bad assumptions that the game was more fun back then because of threat when in reality, the game was just more fun. Now you've played it for so long it's getting dull and you want the old sparkle back. Threat takes no skill. Either you can keep threat or you can't, there's no in between.

Having a threat skill on your gear would be a ridiculous idea simply because you have a threat stat on your gear as someone pointed out... hit. Why not fail to hit cap? As for threat reduction, how would you know how much to take? You never would. Healers dont tune their spirit they take however much they feel they need for the content and be done... but you'd have to compare yourself to "the worst tank out there" which would be impossible to do. You are biased towards being bored with the game and demanding everyone around caters for your boredom of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarella View Post
    Healers dont tune their spirit they take however much they feel they need for the content and be done... but you'd have to compare yourself to "the worst tank out there" which would be impossible to do. You are biased towards being bored with the game and demanding everyone around caters for your boredom of the game.
    How come a healer doesn't take spirit based on the tank then? An undergeared tank will take lots of damage, but you don't see healers prepairing their spirit for it before they join the queue. Why? Because PUG-able content is supposed to be easy anyway. Threat could work the same way spirit does nowadays.

And I am not trying to demand anything, I just tried to share an idea, and did not agree with the arguments that were brought against it. A simple "I don't enjoy the threat mechanic" would have sufficed for me.

And I know the game becomes boring over time. But maybe some people, like me, simply enjoyed the threat mechanic from a few years ago, and would enjoy having some of that back. It only makes sense to me that bosses should attack whoever seems the most dangerous player in the group :P

Getting back to Dark Intent for a bit, part of the annoyance was the occasional scarcity of good targets, but the point was that your own performance (your own Dark Intent stacks) was dependent not only on the DI target knowing how to play their spec, but the target being able to stay out of the fire too. Quite often during things like BH pugs, I'd have to find a new target in the middle of an encounter because my original target decided to stand in bad stuff. And the more Locks you had in your group, the longer your checkdown list in an emergency had to be.

It's a minor thing, but it goes hand in hand with the discussion of your numbers being tethered to other players.

There's a certain amount of this that players are willing to accept before feeling too punished by other players' inability. You're just finding that the value of this amount is quite a bit less for the rest of us than it is for you.

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    You certainly haven't been following the thread. In 2-3 posts so far I mentioned this should not make dps classes stop dpsing. There could be spells you can always cast that wouldn't put you in overaggro danger.
    Why would I cast lower threat spells instead of simply ramping down on my normal rotation? In Vanilla we could downrank our spells and keep casting if we were close to the tank on threat, but nobody really did that, we all just stopped casting. It might sound better that you're doing something all the time, but most people would rather not do anything than do something weird or unusual if it results in the same thing. What's the difference between using a rotation that does 70% threat or stopping your regular rotation 30% of the time?

People would ignore the threat stat you want and go for max dps stats in case they do get a good tank or the tank has good rng or whatever and has high threat. If I traded a bunch of stats to get -30% threat but I never get above 70% of the tank's threat, all that is wasted. I can't change that stat in combat, but I can change how hard I dps dynamically by stopping and starting.