Is this SSD worth the price?

hi there

is the ssd below worth £99.95 i am using a intel 520 120gb atm for my OS and WoW and GW2 but i have many other games i would not mind putting on a ssd so would it be worth grabbing this ssd for this price? my spec is basically all in my Sig if you need any other info just ask

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...w38/topteaser2
    Intel i7 2600k | NZXT Havik 140 | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 3x Liyama E2407HDS(5760x1080) | Intel 520 Series 120GB
    2x EVGA GTX 690 SC Signature 4096MB in SLI | 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133 | CoolMaster HAF X

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudejoss View Post
    hi there

is the ssd below worth £99.95 i am using a intel 520 120gb atm for my OS and WoW and GW2 but i have many other games i would not mind putting on a ssd so would it be worth grabbing this ssd for this price? my spec is basically all in my Sig if you need any other info just ask

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...w38/topteaser2
    I bet you wouldn't see the improvment others have raved about due to this one being the slower SATA II, almost half the speeds of SATA III, however, it would still speed things up and £100 quid, its worth a shot.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a decent ssd, it has a medium write/read speed. If you want a higher write/read speed you would need to invest more money in it. Although its a perfectly acceptable SSD for that price in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    I bet you wouldn't see the improvment others have raved about due to this one being the slower SATA II, almost half the speeds of SATA III, however, it would still speed things up and £100 quid, its worth a shot.
    this post is bull.
    SATA speeds cant really be broken, it's more of a standard and cap.

Sata II which is 3gbps is broken at 375 megabytes per second, while SATA III can do 750.

The "rave" about SSDs is their minimal acess time which is comparable to RAM acess speeds, along with their low power usage.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    this post is bull.
    SATA speeds cant really be broken, it's more of a standard and cap.

Sata II which is 3gbps is broken at 375 megabytes per second, while SATA III can do 750.

The "rave" about SSDs is their minimal acess time which is comparable to RAM acess speeds, along with their low power usage.
    If it was about power consumption then SSD would be less viable than an HDD Space to power consumption is quite off, SSD's are like an 8th of the power usage of a traditional HDD and a tenth of the size. Really people are only raving about the speeds because even w/ a green drive and SSD your using more energy than just a single HDD.

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 01:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    Better sata 3 SSD's on the market @ the same size and price.