possibly buying a computer off my friend.

My laptop is getting outdated, low fps - low graphics, id love to upgrade for MOP.

friend of mine is looking for a quick sale on his computer, built it himself.

here are the specs
    1.5 gb nvidia gtx460. only 4gb ram, upgradeable tho, 500gb harddrive. amd phenom 3.2 ghz quadcore
    only 4gb ram, upgradeable tho
    Chat Conversation End

is it worth 400bucks canadian?

It's not that bad of a deal if you get the OS/key with it. Weak spot is obviously the AMD platform you're stuck with.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    It's not that bad of a deal if you get the OS/key with it. Weak spot is obviously the AMD platform you're stuck with.
    so if wow is the extent of my gaming - would this AMD platform still be the weak point? what is so weak about it, what does that affect?

im not very good with computers, but he said the key is with the disc, and the disc comes with the setup for the OS/Key.

955 $95
    gtx 460 $99
    Gskill 1333 2x2gb $24
    WD Cav Blue 500gb $70

Total ~290 +100 for OS and however much the case, PSU, and mother board are worth then minus whatever from 3 year old components used compared to new. So you be the judge if the 400 is worth it to you. It will play wow just fine on decent settings but just threw you some numbers on what the parts listed cost.
    Last edited by demonskies; 2012-09-19 at 09:45 PM.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity16 View Post
    so if wow is the extent of my gaming - would this AMD platform still be the weak point? what is so weak about it, what does that affect?

im not very good with computers, but he said the key is with the disc, and the disc comes with the setup for the OS/Key.
    Basically, that CPU is fairly slow and it's on a motherboard chipset that doesn't have any processors worth purchasing. If you upgrade at some point you will have to buy a new motherboard and CPU both.

The GTX 460 is a pretty solid budget GPU. You can get much better for more money, but for $400 it's about as good as you're going to get. It's definitely good enough for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    955 $95
    gtx 460 $99
    Gskill 1333 2x2gb $24
    WD Cav Blue 500gb $70

Total ~290 +100 for OS and however much the case, PSU, and mother board are worth then minus whatever from 3 year old components used compared to new. So you be the judge if the 400 is worth it to you.
    Yeah, can't really ignore those components.

See Anandtech.com but you're going to spend $100+ on the components you left out. The value is more than $400 with everything thrown in, at least as long as you get the OS.
    Last edited by Meleti; 2012-09-19 at 09:45 PM.