Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    PM me your name on Skype, and I'll screen share better gameplay
    i want a link to a video of YOU playing gw2 the way he does. i know you have the game based on previous posts, you even have an 80, so it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to prove to me that what he's doing isn't worthy of some recognition. i'm sure others want to see this too. people rarely want to put their money where their mouth is. we both know you won't.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    i want a link to a video of YOU playing gw2 the way he does. i know you have the game based on previous posts, you even have an 80, so it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to prove to me that what he's doing isn't worthy of some recognition
    Rofl, you want me to injure myself, to the point of being physically disabled? That's absurd

PM me if you want what you asked for, otherwise, don't ask me for stuff
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

what he does needs no justification, i'm not sure that's the word you meant to use since it in no way applies to this situation. a game developer heard about this guy and wanted to shed some light on him. your negative opinion of this crippled person playing a game MAY require some justification but online you seemingly have the right to what ever jealousy-induced opinion that you want.

there is no debate to be had, he has it harder than a lot of people and instead of feeling sorry for himself he plays games the way he can and enjoys life

that's all it's about
    This.
    Funny thing is some people try to draw attention by being negative towards everything, some people do it like Aieron - by having fun. I was watching his stream, he is not only a good player but also fun to watch too. And yes, a lot of people play better than him but that's not the point. Kripparian is a mediocre GW2 player and had more attention.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Rofl, you want me to injure myself, to the point of being physically disabled? That's absurd

PM me if you want what you asked for, otherwise, don't ask me for stuff
    i didn't think you could play GW2 with a pencil in your mouth and using your mouse with your cheek either. glad we're past that. this is just proof it's an impressive thing to do. point is, people can adapt to most things and you're not in a position to discredit someone who has.

i didn't think you could play GW2 with a pencil in your mouth and using your mouse with your cheek either. glad we're past that. this is just proof it's an impressive thing to do. point is, people can adapt to most things and you're not in a position to discredit someone who has.
    Why the hell would I play anything using a pencil in my mouth?

You wanted to see me play better than him. I offered, and you declined
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been posted, as GW2 Facebook put the link up. This guy is melting faces in GW2 PvP using his face and ear to control a mouse and a pen in his mouth on the keyboard. I just really wanted to give him credit for doing what he loves better than a lot of us can without disabilities.

http://www.twitch.tv/aieron
    Wow o_O

I'm impressed. He reminds me of a friend I had in highschool, Francisco Medina, he was born without a left arm, and yet he was able to play Counter-Strike like a champ, almost none of us could best him. He played the damned game WITH JUST THE MOUSE. He mapped the "move forward" to the left click, shoot to the right click, jump to the middle button.

One would think he'd suck being able to just move forward, jump, and shoot (no strafing, no ducking, no secondary fire modee ect) yet he was mindbogglingly good at it. He was the kind of player that could head-shot you with the glock at half the map away.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    i personally think that 'exploiting your disability' is a bit of an oxymoron

it's more like "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade
    The reply I wanted to post to this was already posted by someone else so I'll just quote him.

He has a meta advantage, where his disadvantage puts him at advantage, because people think whatever he does is cool, simply because he has a disability

Why the hell would I play anything using a pencil in my mouth?

You wanted to see me play better than him. I offered, and you declined
    this is another transparent tactic used to avoid a challenge that you can't overcome. thankfully we have the information available to dissect this though. your initial post on this subject:

I don't get why this is interesting

I see better gameplay on a daily basis, so I don't see why this individual should get extra attention, just because he has a disability
    my reply:

we can both agree that you couldn't do what he does though and if you disagree, prove it.
    and now you're doing anything but accepting this challenge. that's ok though, you have the right to do that and you don't owe me a thing, although to lend any credibility to your original argument of:

I don't get why this is interesting

I see better gameplay on a daily basis, so I don't see why this individual should get extra attention, just because he has a disability
    most people would think it best to prove that it's something you can achieve. this is very similar to what a fan says when irrational over their favorite player not doing something.

well except this guy isn't paid millions to do it, of course. but how many fans have complained that their guy didn't break a 40yd TD, or bring in the winning run in the bottom of the 9th against a closer that throws 98, or even hit a 3pt shot with a hand in their face? millions, maybe billions. but how many people could do that? i'd say less than .1%

those can, do. those who can't, don't. it's that simple. if you accept the challenge and stop with the strawman arguments, i'll give you credit. i can't do this and won't even try. i'd end up with a crick in my neck.

until there is a video of you doing this though, everyone is going to assume you're being antagonistic for the sake of being antagonistic though. there is really nothing left for me to say on this matter. you're either going to prove me right by your actions of NOT doing this, or you're going to prove me wrong by your actions of DOING this.

this is another transparent tactic used to avoid a challenge that you can't overcome. thankfully we have the information available to dissect this though. your initial post on this subject:

my reply:

and now you're doing anything but accepting this challenge. that's ok though, you have the right to do that and you don't owe me a thing, although to lend any credibility to your original argument of:

most people would think it best to prove that it's something you can achieve. this is very similar to what a fan says when irrational over their favorite player not doing something.

well except this guy isn't paid millions to do it, of course. but how many fans have complained that their guy didn't break a 40yd TD, or bring in the winning run in the bottom of the 9th against a closer that throws 98, or even hit a 3pt shot with a hand in their face? millions, maybe billions. but how many people could do that? i'd say less than .1%

those can, do. those who can't, don't. it's that simple. if you accept the challenge and stop with the strawman arguments, i'll give you credit. i can't do this and won't even try. i'd end up with a crick in my neck.

until there is a video of you doing this though, everyone is going to assume you're being antagonistic for the sake of being antagonistic though. there is really nothing left for me to say on this matter. you're either going to prove me right by your actions of NOT doing this, or you're going to prove me wrong by your actions of DOING this.
    Except I'm not avoiding your "challenge"?

As stated, PM me your Skype name, and I'll screen share better gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    The reply I wanted to post to this was already posted by someone else so I'll just quote him.
    doesn't that apply to everything? if we all had 52" verticals, would anyone be impressed when someone dunks from the FT line?
    if everyone could bench 500lbs, would that feat be impressive? of course not

it's impressive because he can do something in a way that it isn't meant to be done, isn't easy and frankly, isn't something most people could do. if he had no feet and played gw2, nobody would care because his disability wouldn't disable him from playing the game.

this gentleman's disability keeps him from doing something the way a normal person does it. there are probably what, 1-3 people who play games this way on earth? i've heard of ONE other

that's 23 fewer people than what was needed to get the world first HEROIC DS clear and that got a spot on the front page so i'd have to disagree that he's at an advantage by not being able to use his hands. that's kind of ridiculous to even type out.

doesn't that apply to everything? if we all had 52" verticals, would anyone be impressed when someone dunks from the FT line?
    if everyone could bench 500lbs, would that feat be impressive? of course not

it's impressive because he can do something in a way that it isn't meant to be done, isn't easy and frankly, isn't something most people could do. if he had no feet and played gw2, nobody would care because his disability wouldn't disable him from playing the game.

this gentleman's disability keeps him from doing something the way a normal person does it. there are probably what, 1-3 people who play games this way on earth? i've heard of ONE other

that's 23 fewer people than what was needed to get the world first HEROIC DS clear and that got a spot on the front page so i'd have to disagree that he's at an advantage by not being able to use his hands. that's kind of ridiculous to even type out.
    He's playing a game that has like 5 abilities

Except I'm not avoiding your "challenge"?

As stated, PM me your Skype name, and I'll screen share better gameplay
    we can both agree that you couldn't do what he does though and if you disagree, prove it.

i don't want to watch you play GW2 to "see better gameplay", i want you to pvp in gw2 using a pencil in your mouth in place of your left hand, and using your cheek/earlobe for your mouse instead of your right hand, just like this gentleman

anything short of that isn't sufficient. another strawman argument won't change that. this is the 3rd time i've had to say that. at what point does this go from you "misunderstanding a challenge" to "hoping i'll forget about it so you can save face"?

i always thought you got one chance for that. this is my 3rd chance for you. gonna have to say it's a strikeout on your part after this. you can simply admit that you can't do it though.

i know i couldn't do it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 10:38 AM ----------

He's playing a game that has like 5 abilities
    5 weapon skills
    4 utility skills
    1 elite skill
    1-4 more abilities

if he's utilizing weapon swapping, that's another 5 weapon skills

while using at least 4 buttons for movement, while double-tapping to dodge

that comes out to no less than 16 abilities/skills/buttons to press with a high estimate of 24

i don't want to watch you play GW2 to "see better gameplay", i want you to pvp in gw2 using a pencil in your mouth in place of your left hand, and using your cheek/earlobe for your mouse instead of your right hand, just like this gentleman

anything short of that isn't sufficient. another strawman argument won't change that. this is the 3rd time i've had to say that. at what point does this go from you "misunderstanding a challenge" to "hoping i'll forget about it so you can save face"?

i always thought you got one chance for that. this is my 3rd chance for you. gonna have to say it's a strikeout on your part after this. you can simply admit that you can't do it though.

i know i couldn't do it.
    Anyone could do it, it's just that no one has a reason to

As for saving face, you're the one who should be worried about that here, since you wanted superior gameplay, I offered superior gameplay, and you backed down

Deleted
    Anyone could do it, it's just that no one has a reason to

As for saving face, you're the one who should be worried about that here, since you wanted superior gameplay, I offered superior gameplay, and you backed down

Shadylol it must be really hard to be you mate, you keep coming back with these 'witty' one liners and get them picked apart time and time again.

On topic this man is a legend great to see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerath View Post
    Shadylol it must be really hard to be you mate, you keep coming back with these 'witty' one liners and get them picked apart time and time again.

On topic this man is a legend great to see.
    Shadylol clearly has issues. We all get what fizzbob was asking of him yet he is eigher too stupid or too scared...
    Pretty sure better gameplay is available by able bodied people. But I doubt there is many people who could do that level of gameplay with his disability. If its as easy as you claim shadylol, Why dont you put your money where your mouth is and proove it? No dont think so.

I know I couldnt play a game like that, I would have given up! He's really opened my eyes to how impressive some people can be. More skill, determination and passion then most people will ever have. Just like the London paralympics, some of these people are inspirational, really shows how we all take for granted the gifts we have.

Hes only playing a game but still, im sure other people with disabilies will see this and it will give them motivation!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know the majority of the public wouldn't care about this issue, but if a tech company could put some research into developing hardware/software to be more enabling for games and computer applications for people with disabilities, I think it would be a great thing. I'm sure someone is doing it somewhere, but the ability to play video games would go a long way to increase life enjoyment for people who might not be able to experience a lot of things. Not to mention it would open up a work industry for them to have completely productive and self sufficient lives (for the most part).

Imagine the Hawking wheelchair, but rigged to be a super gaming machine. If i am ever unfortunate enough to experience something so life altering, I would love to still have video games. It's great to see someone using normal tools available to accomplish something that by any standards, should be almost impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy is as impressive as "looknohands" (i beleive his nick is like that), a SC2 player that is a total baller and was quite good, he even got to travel to korea and meet some pros, sure he can be sub-par against non handicapped people but it's extremely hard to play with their status, it's impressive to know that people are available to do things you wouldn't think would be possible to do nicely.

This guy is an inspiration for people who tend to say stuff like "oh this thing is too hard i quit", at least for me was like "whelp, he can do pvp and quite good, maybe i should try to go towards the mist and pvp for a while and learn"

Iirc there was a blind guy who defeated deathwing, that's extremely impressive too D:

www youtube com/watch?v=xAuyduw7PXM

Hopefully the content of the above link gets worked on in a major way.
    Goes without saying how it would improve life quality for a severely disabled/paralyzed person.