What happened to midnight releases?

I remember when BC first came out, I went to a midnight launch event and got on the game at midnight EST.

Why did they decide to change it over to midnight PST, therefore rendering it basically impossible for people with actual jobs on the east coast to play at 3am?

Because it wasnt fair that people 3 hours ahead got to play first. Many stores still have midnight launches to boot. And I dont see why your upset, you go for midnight and due to line arent out till 3 am any ways, so why the rush?
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    I remember when BC first came out, I went to a midnight launch event and got on the game at midnight EST.

Why did they decide to change it over to midnight PST, therefore rendering it basically impossible for people with actual jobs on the east coast to play at 3am?
    please read your post once or 3 times and maybe you wil lget a clue whats wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard decided that they wanted everyone to be able to start playing at the same time, so they stopped staggering releases by time zone. Since they're based in California, they chose the Pacific time zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    tell me about it, they did the same thing for Cataclysm. Even though Blizzard said at Blizzcon that players wouldn't be able to play Cata until midnight hit Irvine Cali but Europe got in before us.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post

If you care about it that much, just take a day off work so you can play at 3am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Midnight releases are overrated. I went to one here in Australia for Wrath and it consisted of sitting on a cold brick floor in a crappy arcade for 5 hours with no access to food or toilets. Then we collected our games and went home. I was so pissed off I went to bed and didn't install the game until the next day.

Cata and MoP I did the whole digital pre-order thing. Maybe I'm just old and grumpy now but it's a much, much better system.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.