Deleted

Limits of transmutation

For quite a time I've been wondering how to solve the 'problem' of shitty looking heavy armour items at low levels and today I came up with an idea. Since I'm not at home I can't check it myself so decided to post it here for feedback. Does transmutation stones have any usage boundries apart from armour type/slot? For instance: atm I'm a 53ish lvl guardian and those helmets look really terrible. Is it possible to take a lvl 72-req helmet and transmute the model of it with a lvl 52 helmet stats? Or the transmutation doesn't work on items that cannot be worn just YET

Yes.

10charr

the only limit of the transmutation stones is
    that there are 2 kind of stones

ones that work up to lvl 79 gear and those that work on lvl 80 gear.Besides that you can do what ever you like as long as the items you want to link are of the same type.You can even choose with rune(if any)you would like to have on the item.
    For instance X item has the stats you look for and a lousy rune and Y item has the look you like and the awesome rune,you can choose the Y looks and rune and the X stats.

Deleted
    This reminds me of a discussion I had a while back, about how you should never ask two questions at once. Especially if both of them can be answered with a yes or no.

You're free to transmute whatever you want to whatever you want. You can transmute the 72 helmet to the 53 helmet, or the 53 helmet to the 72 helmet for whatever reason. The only restriction is that with the basic transmutation stone, you cannot transmute any item requiring level 80. This is for both applying skin to the 80 item, or applying the skin from the 80 item.

This may answer your question. I'm level 47 and have a boring looking bow that requires level 45.

1. Go on trading post, bought bow that requires level 76 for 96c
    2. Use the lesser transmutation stone (<level 79)
    3. Took looks of level 76 bow, stats of level 45 bow
    4. End result was cool looking bow that requires level 45