1. #1
    Pandaren Monk Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,880

    Tempest: Warrior soul reveal YouTube video

    Thought i'd throw up the YouTube version as the twitch tv one is a bit hard to 'stumble' across


  2. #2
    Thanks i was looking for the youtube version

    Edit: Finally watched this and generally shocked by the Aion feel to the new city. Definitely need to look into a upgrade in my gfx card.
    Last edited by Puremallace; 2012-09-16 at 05:25 PM.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  3. #3
    I still don't understand the direction they are going in w/r/t Warriors. It either seems unnecessary/redundant or counter-intuitive.

    I also don't get why the Tempest was designed as such. Pretty obvious Tempest is a stone's throw from what Riftblade could have been. Perhaps should be, actually. Why not a true ranged Warrior? Or a full healing Warrior soul? Tempest just feels unnecessary.

    Really mixed on the bizarre direction of Warlord and Beastmaster. They could have just cleaned up Paragon & Champion @20+ and removed the PVP bullshit from the trees.

    Not too happy personally.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

    I also don't get why the Tempest was designed as such. Pretty obvious Tempest is a stone's throw from what Riftblade could have been. Perhaps should be, actually. Why not a true ranged Warrior? Or a full healing Warrior soul? Tempest just feels unnecessary.

    Really mixed on the bizarre direction of Warlord and Beastmaster. They could have just cleaned up Paragon & Champion @20+ and removed the PVP bullshit from the trees.

    Not too happy personally.
    Here is the general idea. Plate gives you a epic crap ton of defense. You cannot have some uber god mode ranged plate wearer. The problem if you play a warrior now like me if there are some bosses and AoE mob packs where it is literally death to stand in melee.

    Perfect example is the mobs in Drowned Halls that drop that huge aoe on the ground and all your melee just stand there twiddling their thumbs. There are bosses in HK where you try and get the right mix of ranged and melee. Sure you always see it "LFM ranged for HK".

    This Tempest thing is basically a dream come true for me because it allows me to keep dps'n while hauling ass from melee nuking abilities. Perfect example is the red ring on the ghost in RoS that nuke melee if you do not run out.

    So many examples of where it was bullshit to be melee in this game. I remember Johlen in GSB dropping bombs and melee having to run out and then sit there and wait for the bombs to be detonated by ranged.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  5. #5
    Something else that enrages me; the joking during the presentation.

    I want serious business during warrior discussion. Very frustrating.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Something else that enrages me; the joking during the presentation.

    I want serious business during warrior discussion. Very frustrating.
    Can't tell if you are serious. It is a game, I wouldn't watch a video on it if it were at least somewhat entertaining. This is not Serious Business. Have you ever watched a streamer that is so serious, that he never laughs? Its boring... It was a great stream, very informative, got some good gameplay, and was very entertaining.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

  7. #7
    Mechagnome Jataai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom, Devon.
    Posts
    517
    they said second soul reveal, what was the first?
    I mean what was the other class that's soul has been revealed.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    Can't tell if you are serious. It is a game, I wouldn't watch a video on it if it were at least somewhat entertaining. This is not Serious Business.
    I am totally serious. I dislike goofing around when I am interested in a subject. I want facts in detail delivered in a no nonsense and thorough manner.

    If I wanted goofing around I could watch Yogcast or some such. I don't enjoy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    they said second soul reveal, what was the first?
    I mean what was the other class that's soul has been revealed.
    The new Mage soul Harbinger was the first. They have a video on it.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Jataai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom, Devon.
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The new Mage soul Harbinger was the first. They have a video on it.
    Awesome, thanks for the info. So far the Tempest seems kinda cool, although I am only ever interested in warriors for tanking (my only max class is a warrior). My second highest character is a 48 mage, so I'm going to be checking the harbinger spec to see what that is like .

  10. #10
    I wonder if I could do this spec with a hammer... Hmm...
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Silver Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am totally serious. I dislike goofing around when I am interested in a subject. I want facts in detail delivered in a no nonsense and thorough manner.

    If I wanted goofing around I could watch Yogcast or some such. I don't enjoy.
    So you want them to present something that's supposed to be fun in a manner that's not fun? If you aren't playing this game for fun, why are you playing it at all? And if you ARE playing it for fun, why can't they be allowed to have fun at the same time? Just because it's a business doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable. They aren't a newscasting team.

  12. #12
    Pit Lord HBpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Newport Mesa, Ca
    Posts
    2,417
    @12:51 immediately made me think of this movie:


    Also, kind of seems like a pre-nerf Riftblade to me. I like the idea...but it seems it was already in the game.

    EDIT: Holy crap that picture is bigger than I intended. No idea how to fix it.
    Atheist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-equal rights for e...v...e...r...y...o...n...e

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I still don't understand the direction they are going in w/r/t Warriors. It either seems unnecessary/redundant or counter-intuitive.

    I also don't get why the Tempest was designed as such. Pretty obvious Tempest is a stone's throw from what Riftblade could have been. Perhaps should be, actually. Why not a true ranged Warrior? Or a full healing Warrior soul? Tempest just feels unnecessary.

    Really mixed on the bizarre direction of Warlord and Beastmaster. They could have just cleaned up Paragon & Champion @20+ and removed the PVP bullshit from the trees.

    Not too happy personally.
    never thought I'd say this...but I agree with fencers? o_O

    there are so many new paradigm ideas for a ranged warrior, it doesn't have to steal a rogue/marksman's thunder either, nor does it have to resemble a mage. I thought riftblade was interesting, but too much like a mage rather than warrior. and tempest is even more like a mage AND riftblade. kind of redundant. my idea for a warrior would be something like combo/attack points (rengar) in league of legends, or jayce. the warrior could throw a dagger or other object in inventory (throwing your weapon for impressive unique visuals with different weapons... throwing a 2H axe or claymore then retrieving it (been playing a lot of league of legends) maybe like draven, sivir, olaf, throw that with 1 combo point, after 5 combo points the warrior could throw an enemy, not a boss whos immune to CC, or stun or knockback a player. this would be the empowered effect of the warrior. alternatively the warrior could throw stones or larger boulders with more attack/combo points.

    really anything would be better than this because I always think of a warrior as non-caster, more physical, like conan the barbarian. sure the paradigm could change, but I don't think this change is in the right direction and only steps on toes of mages, or as a bow 'n arrow warrior, steps on rogue toes. would rather see him throw boulders or himself at enemies for impressive effects
    Last edited by Runintowalls; 2012-09-18 at 06:03 PM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Runintowalls View Post
    never thought I'd say this...but I agree with fencers? o_O

    there are so many new paradigm ideas for a ranged warrior, it doesn't have to steal a rogue/marksman's thunder either, nor does it have to resemble a mage. I thought riftblade was interesting, but too much like a mage rather than warrior. and tempest is even more like a mage AND riftblade. kind of redundant. my idea for a warrior would be something like combo/attack points (rengar) in league of legends, or jayce. the warrior could throw a dagger or other object in inventory (throwing your weapon for impressive unique visuals with different weapons... throwing a 2H axe or claymore then retrieving it (been playing a lot of league of legends) maybe like draven, sivir, olaf, throw that with 1 combo point, after 5 combo points the warrior could throw an enemy, not a boss whos immune to CC, or stun or knockback a player. this would be the empowered effect of the warrior. alternatively the warrior could throw stones or larger boulders with more attack/combo points.

    really anything would be better than this because I always think of a warrior as non-caster, more physical, like conan the barbarian. sure the paradigm could change, but I don't think this change is in the right direction and only steps on toes of mages, or as a bow 'n arrow warrior, steps on rogue toes. would rather see him throw boulders or himself at enemies for impressive effects
    Regular throwing axes for "normal" attacks and then CDs that throw your big 2H or Regular weapons at once, would be cool. Another big CD where you do a flying kick or flying tackle then leap back would be cool. Physical Ranged without using a Bow/Gun would be awesome. It was really kinda what I was thinking they would add for War, seeing as they "already have" support(I know, it sucks, but they are fixing that too) and I could not see them as healers and they have plenty of tank and melee DPS already, ranged made sense. I just pictured it as being thrown weapons, not magic based.
    Rift - Lathais@Deepwood - 60 Rogue / Arrieleah@Deepwood - 60 Mage
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    @12:51 immediately made me think of this movie:


    Also, kind of seems like a pre-nerf Riftblade to me. I like the idea...but it seems it was already in the game.

    EDIT: Holy crap that picture is bigger than I intended. No idea how to fix it.
    Riftblade was nerfed because Flamespear was on a no second cooldown 5 points into the tree. VK was another ranged, but it nuked mage MP down to zero in under 3 seconds lol

    One can only assume they have learned. I do have to admit Harbinger did look me impressive then Warrior simply due to the completely different play style. If they made a support soul, then that would be more interesting. I am worried about being forced into two hand builds to make this soul work.

    That means we will be fighting with Rogues again for one hander dps weapons.
    Last edited by Puremallace; 2012-09-18 at 06:23 PM.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Riftblade was nerfed because Flamespear was on a no second cooldown 5 points into the tree. VK was another ranged, but it nuked mage MP down to zero in under 3 seconds lol

    One can only assume they have learned. I do have to admit Harbinger did look me impressive then Warrior simply due to the completely different play style. If they made a support soul, then that would be more interesting. I am worried about being forced into two hand builds to make this soul work.

    That means we will be fighting with Rogues again for one hander dps weapons.
    They already said they've adjusted weapons so dual 1s or a 2-hander are equal in damage, and they're trying to get rid of the weapon cliches/expectations. That's why there's a warrior ability that lets you block without a shield, etc.

    No breakdown of weapon limitations yet, but its not outside the realm of possibilities that all classes/builds can make due with any weapon (dependent only on stats).

  17. #17
    I recall a few weeks ago listening to a Rift Overcast podcast that suggested trimming out the useless/filler stuff from many of the soul trees; track blah blah, reveal stealth round you, etc. This got me to thinking/worrying about the dramatically increased soul trees in SL. In particular the Warrior souls of Beast Master, Warlord and Paragon.

    Hope Trion trim the trees of a lot that stuff. Perhaps moving them to PA or the PVP attunement [Paragon PVP BS] rather than having these hugely bloated trees with 61 points.

    I am worried. D:

  18. #18
    Well people did notice that they did remove "Lifes Grace" from Paladin, since everyone in the game has a resurrection now. The track wahtever abilities need to be in the PA attunement without a doubt.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I recall a few weeks ago listening to a Rift Overcast podcast that suggested trimming out the useless/filler stuff from many of the soul trees; track blah blah, reveal stealth round you, etc. This got me to thinking/worrying about the dramatically increased soul trees in SL. In particular the Warrior souls of Beast Master, Warlord and Paragon.

    Hope Trion trim the trees of a lot that stuff. Perhaps moving them to PA or the PVP attunement [Paragon PVP BS] rather than having these hugely bloated trees with 61 points.

    I am worried. D:
    yeah pruning the talent trees is always a concern that it doesn't go the same route cataclysm did, I like the diversity. I'd hope to see more unique, useful abilities even if it means introducing new features/systems rather than just cutting back and dumbing down/homogenizing calling trees. something could be done with track (mob type) I dunno what the intention was, but if they remove something they should replace it or not remove it, but innovate.

    I can see the classes becoming too similar/homogenized if novel material/features isn't introduced. unfortunately I see most games get stagnant after a while. like for league of legends the last few champs are very similar, adding maps besides summoners rift is difficult because (I heard) there was concern about imbalanced champions in a new map, like how some champions are tuned and nerfed, would be hard to keep balanced like balancing pvp in a pve context. maybe those barrier won't arise as the game expands, trion mentioned in the first few months how they didn't want to seal the box on gameplay ideas, but remain open minded because other games have painted themselves into corners being definitive and final with new systems.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •