Shields: required for Ele and Resto pvp?

While I pick up more items this week to waste time pvping, I'm down to the final piece, or pieces, a weapon. While some shields look awesome, most irk me on my female Tauren. Being Tauren already makes the shield huge, but then the fact that I'm hunched over I start to feel like my character is a walking shield. I don't feel as shammy without a shield, but I wonder how much of a difference in pvp not having a shield makes. Obviously in PvE we aren't tanking, so it makes little difference as long as you get the stats you need.

People pounding on you in pvp, does that automatically mean we should take the 1h/shield option? Or can staves, 1h/offhands be just as useful without much of a survivability hit?

it comes down to min/maxxing at that point. do you feel better losing armor for looks or not : P
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

1h + offhand = x amounts of stats
    2h = x amounts of stats
    1h + shield = x amounts of stats + high armor

You should want any piece that increases your survival in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    In PvP, if you can use a shield use a shield. You gain armor, armor is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

I thought usually the offhands/shields have the same stats on them, just the shield had the armor on it? But I'd definitely go with the shield for the extra physical damage reduction.

The armour gain is quite huge and armour is how we mitigate phys damage. If a physical DD is on you, it really makes a difference.
    You can always transmog the shield to something lightweight if you don't like the looks.

it's free armour. You're only hurting yourself by using a staff.

and it's a LOT of armour, very noticable.